lost lip sync
603 5 2016-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dreaux88
New

United States

I shot a 13 minutes clip yesterday and about 8 minutes in I lost lip sync.  It's about 1/2 to 1 second off and I am still stuggling to get the video and audio to sync properly.

I know this camera is primarily for B-roll but I had a small shotgun on it and picked up some good dialog I'd like to use.  Sadly this came after the 8 minute mark.

Has this happened to anyone else and with there be a firmware fix for this?

2016-6-2
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Which camera -- X3 or X5?

This was a well-known problem with the X3 -- losing sound/vision sync after a few minutes, but it was rectified by the last firmware update. The X3 no longer has that problem.
2016-6-2
Use props
dreaux88
New

United States

Sorry, the X3.  Am I correct that the firmware update on the X3 comes on the smartphone while on Wifi?  I haven't updated yet.  
I really hope the problem will go away.
2016-6-2
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
The synchronization issue of audio and video has been fixed in the latest firmware v1.6.2.10, please upgrade the firmware to the latest one for a better user experience.
About the upgrade method and any new features in the latest firmware, please refer to the official guidelines-"How to Upgrade Firmware (OSMO)" and "OSMO Release Note": http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads

Thanks.
2016-6-2
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

dreaux88 Posted at 2016-6-3 03:06
Sorry, the X3.  Am I correct that the firmware update on the X3 comes on the smartphone while on Wif ...

I updated the firmware by:

(a) Downloading the file to a 'PC' (e.g. iMac in my case)

(b) Copying the file to a micro-SD card

(c) Putting that card in the X3 and powering it up.

**The full process is on the dji website.**

After updating the X3's firmware, I found it necessary to erase and then download the Osmo App to my phone.

It's a fairly simple process.

(Don't forget to remove the firmware file from the SD card if you intend to use it for recording on the X3.)

2016-6-3
Use props
dreaux88
New

United States

LenMiddx Posted at 2016-6-3 04:43
I updated the firmware by:

(a) Downloading the file to a 'PC' (e.g. iMac in my case)

Thank you.
2016-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules