Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unlock No Fly Zone
65326 54 2016-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7d900695
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71654 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroneDirector Posted at 2017-7-18 10:53
Just my input on this.
I know for instance that Copenhagen Airport ''Kastrup'' can be accessed if it is a commercial flight.
You do however need to contact the airport authorities months ahead of time, 2 or 3 months.

I having an issue since the new firmware came out. Now I have to check the two boxes saying I have permission and so one. The problem is that I'm in class G airspace so they have it wrong.  The Airport has not tower and I can fly but I have to keep checking the box every time I take off. I have sent emails with air space maps show where I'm at. So far I have not heard back from them. I can unlock but only for 2 days at a time. sucks.
2017-9-24
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

fans7d900695 Posted at 2017-9-24 20:09
I having an issue since the new firmware came out. Now I have to check the two boxes saying I have permission and so one. The problem is that I'm in class G airspace so they have it wrong.  The Airport has not tower and I can fly but I have to keep checking the box every time I take off. I have sent emails with air space maps show where I'm at. So far I have not heard back from them. I can unlock but only for 2 days at a time. sucks.

The best advice I can give you is to go here: http://www.dji.com/flysafe?site=brandsite&from=insite_search
See if you can work with the Chinese FAA to unlock the airspace that the USA FAA already did.  Not sure how it will go, but expect to go through a bureaucratic process to even ask for the unlock.  Which means you'll need documents, letters/memos, details etc.
Good Luck
2017-9-24
Use props
CFROY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 159341 ft

Canada

Just a comment: The unlock feature doesn't works well: I've been on a mission that was on a locked area: I succesfully unlocked my Inspire 1 but for the 1/3 of flights, it was locked anyway. I had to land and try again 2 or 3 times before resuming my mission.
2017-12-11
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

rodger Posted at 2016-6-3 16:02
You have to sign into your DJI account to unlock the no fly zone. Simple procedure. You are releasing DJI from any Liability. Very understandable.

I get this, but DJI is no more responsible for some nitwit crashing a drone into a plane then ford motor company is for some nitwit wrecking into a something or Remington is because some nitwit shot up someplace with a rem 700 rifle. IMO DJI is way to paranoid about stuff it can not be at fault for Period. If your willing to break the rules its your fault and yours alone. Seriously its like a drunk who drinks a lot of Jack Daniels and falls down and skins his knee no judge in a sane world would hold JD responsible for getting him drunk.
2017-12-11
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kilted Flyer (D Posted at 2017-2-8 13:25
You can go into the advanced settings in the menu and find "Geofencing" which can be turned off by selecting it. I ran into that issue back during summer when I selected it by mistake and noticed a few days later I was unable to fly from areas I normally fly from and to make matters worse, It would not let let take off at night, like it remembers the time of day (after sun goes down). I found the setting later that eve and unselected it and then it flew fine. Nearest airport was 7 miles away (small municipal) and areas I was flying was from my yard and 2  parks and a abandoned shopping center parking lot 1/2 mile from interstate. I have a video up on youtube that shows this. Ill find it and post it here.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D99VDKi7jTo
Seems I put up 2 videos with this problem. This is the first. The second one I figured out. This is the second video..

Both videos showing as unavailable
2017-12-11
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 2017-12-11 22:37

Not sure what you are looking for but for many this feature has been eliminated...I believe only a few countries still have this app feature.  I know for the US it was removed and I believe the same for the UK.
2017-12-11
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was just being nosey but thats not an option as neither videos work for me in the UK
2017-12-12
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Epicdoom Posted at 2017-12-11 13:50
I get this, but DJI is no more responsible for some nitwit crashing a drone into a plane then ford motor company is for some nitwit wrecking into a something or Remington is because some nitwit shot up someplace with a rem 700 rifle. IMO DJI is way to paranoid about stuff it can not be at fault for Period. If your willing to break the rules its your fault and yours alone. Seriously its like a drunk who drinks a lot of Jack Daniels and falls down and skins his knee no judge in a sane world would hold JD responsible for getting him drunk.

Very well stated. I was just explaining the unlocking process to the Gentleman.
2017-12-13
Use props
Kilted Flyer (David)
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 2017-12-11 22:37

I just remembered that i removed those videos from youtube recently.
2018-3-19
Use props
fans83def855
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144383 ft
United States

I have P3A and have gone thoughts web to unlock a yellow area. But when I go into my app, the unlock option is missing. Does anyone else see this option when using a P3?
2018-3-31
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Its well worth noting also that many areas of the world have not signed up to the later DJI Fly-Safe system and you still have the old RFZ / NFZ rating. If you go online - you can see the list of Countries that have accepted the Fly-Safe format. With this in mind - this may explain why some people say you can unlock - while some say you cannot. I do not suggest this is whole reason for different comments, but may explain a few.

Locations such as Latvia. I live just over 1mls from the local International Airport in Ventspils. My House and take-off area is within the pale red zone, Restricted Fly Zone. As I approach airport - my altitude limit reduces. The gradient actually corresponds with ZERO being at Airport Centre. As I close up to airport perimeter - the red changes to more solid indicating a dedicated NFZ.
With the old system - there is no way to alter or stop the limitation.

Nigel
2018-3-31
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

huntcool001@gma Posted at 2016-6-3 18:40
Checking the box in the DJI Go saying you are authorized to fly, will unlock a lot of nofly zones, but still, you are not authorized to get too close to the airstrips of an airport, somethign like a mile.

Alternatively, you can stick an aluminum foil or something like that on center of the top of the plane, so it blocks the GPS signal. Then there's noway the plane know where it is, hence no restrictions. But obviously it is a bit dangerous for your plane and you may breach the law somehow.

Unfortunately GPS signal depending on your location is not just VERTICAL ..... as you progress towards the poles - the angle of signal depresses till it can actually be near horizontal in theory.

If you just shielded the centre top - not only reduced angle signals but also pitch / bank and movement of the AC can have GPS actioning.

I strongly suggest not to try it.

Nigel
2018-4-1
Use props
wntmldrs_belgium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 793281 ft
Belgium

Lately, here in Belgium, I get many Enhanced Warning Zone pop-ups in completely safe surroundings.
I get a black window blocking my view, and asking If I can fly fly here and take responsibility and to confirm these questions.
As I am flying with a non-connected tablet, my answer goes nowhere of course. But the pop-up goes away, only to reappear one minute later, I answer and confirm and it goes away once more. Then it reappears and refuses now to go away. So I'm flying partially blind now.
As there is no advanced unlocking possible for a green zone, I'm stuck there.
When I fly in a yellow authorisation zone, I go through all the hoops until I obtain an Airmap Verification token. This authorisation shows up nicely in iOS, with the whole unlock history, but is nowhere to be found in Android. And because I fly with Android I do not know if the unlock actually works. As solentlife stated, it could be that Belgium did not sign the Flysafe rules. Belgium is at first sight one country, but the sky is ruled by three different governments, with different approaches. Some months ago the FlySafe map around Belgium was dotted with all the different zones, but Belgium remained empty.

enhanced

enhanced

authorisation.jpg
2018-4-1
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

As to Pop-Up warnings ... I fly in the old RFZ / NFZ system here in Latvia and I never have any pop-ups except as you see here :

I go to take off ... or I am flying into or out of RFZ and the black box as you see there pops up and I just tap OK. I can have it come up as many times as I fly in / out of and no problem. When I first saw it when I bought my P3S quite a while back ... it was confusing that same box / text used going into and coming out of zone ...

Nigel
2018-4-1
Use props
Fred Sandford
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-18 14:51
No, red zones are not able to be unlocked under any circumstances.

Your 100% right on that. I talk to the FAA on the phone. Forget about it. I'm 15 miles from DC but still can't fly because of DC strict rules. I'm in that FN redzone
2020-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules