Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No live preview on Android
1663 9 2016-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bornish
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

No live preview on Android!
Behavior captured in this video: http://youtu.be/uIgjIngDgoA

Android App version: 2.8.1 (339)
Firmware version [1.6.2.10]:
- Camera: 02.65.50.33
- Gimbal: 01.29.00.92
- Encoder: 02.14.09.42
- OFDM: 00.00.00.81
- Wi-Fi: 01.00.09.48
Wi-Fi frequency: 5.8 GHz
Android version [4.2.2]:
- Kernel version: 3.4.39
- Build number: X3-Android4.2.2-TecSync-20140403-V1
- Hardware version: V2-P3
Display resolution: 1920x1080 (FHD)

Please note that with this exact configuration I do get live preview randomly and rarely, but is lost as soon as going back to DJI Go's home page with the list of equipment and returning to the OSMO's camera preview. Unfortunately I wasn't able to identify a workaround which makes the live preview come back. I have tried many scenarios like recording, playing recorded video, download to phone recorded video, and so on. No steps could be successfully reproduced, but the live preview randomly gets back on, only to get lost on the first exit to app's home page.

Please let me know what additional information you need to fix this issue.

Regards,
Bogdan
2016-6-2
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
Thanks for your information.
Could you please try to change the WiFi frequency to 5.8GHz if your mobile device support it? You please check the WiFi connection, once you connected to Osmo WiFi, you'd better shut down the Internet connection in your mobile device.

Please let me know if there's any further update.
2016-6-2
Use props
bornish
lvl.4
United Arab Emirates

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-3 08:42
Hello.
Thanks for your information.
Could you please try to change the WiFi frequency to 5.8GHz if y ...

Dear Adela,
My original post already specifies that the WiFi connection was on 5.8 GHz frequency.
Is there any logging that the DJI GO application does to detect such issues?
Moreover, does DJI have any apk that I could install and use to test the environment used and then send the logs to DJI? Many companies use this technique to identify incompatibilities between hardware, OS versions, dependencies, and so on.
It is understandable not to be able to detect all possible bugs when releasing a product, but there're a lot of available methods to perform diagnostics when such an obvious problem occurs.
We love receiving software and firmware updates as often as DJI makes them. We thank you for trying to improve your products. We are only asking to have a more reliable regression testing process, so we will no longer be afraid to upgrade.
Please let me know how else I can help in catching the root cause of this problem.
I do have programming experience and the possibility to connect this mobile device to a PC running Android Studio with the latest SDK installed. If your engineers wish to send me a test application project to run in debug, I could send back any logs or details they need to find a fix.
Thanks for reading my post and taking the time to reply.
Regards,
Bogdan
2016-6-2
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

bornish@gmail.c Posted at 2016-6-3 14:45
Dear Adela,
My original post already specifies that the WiFi connection was on 5.8 GHz frequency.

Dear Bornish,
Thanks for your reply.
We really appreciate your suggestions about the APK for testing device's environment and other relevant advice. Our engineers will think about it.

To figure out the issue of your Osmo further, could you please check the SD card used in your Osmo? As you may know, the properties of SD card may have an important impact on the performance of the system. If possible, could you please re-upgrade the firmware and send us the hidden log file for our check? (By enabling "display hidden foler" in your PC, you would be able to find the hidden .txt log file)

Please let me know if there's any problem.
Regards,
DJI-Adela
2016-6-3
Use props
bornish
lvl.4
United Arab Emirates

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-3 12:39
Dear Bornish,
Thanks for your reply.
We really appreciate your suggestions about the APK for testin ...

Dear Adela,
Please download my log files from below link:
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com ... _upgrade_result.zip
They were generated by retrying to upgrade the OSMO, but since the version of all sub-components is up-to-date, all upgrades were skipped or aborted.
I do not suspect any problems with any of the SD cards I have used as they are high speed and been using them for a long time in both the OSMO and the Inspire 1. They have never failed an upgrade or created live-preview issues.
The reported issue on Android may have been caused by updating either the DJI GO app or the OSMO firmware. I will refrain from guessing what is causing live preview issues on Android. It feels that iOS is less prone to such problems (never seen this problem with DJI Go on iOS), while many Android devices failed with many versions of the app.
Unfortunately I will not be able to use my best device with the OSMO until this issue gets fixed.
This phablet has the perfect dimensions, screen brightness and resolution, CPU and has been dedicated for manipulating DJI products.
Please share my feedback with the dev team and follow up until a fix or workaround is suggested.
Ask them how else I can help identifying the root cause.
Thanks and regards,
Bogdan
2016-6-3
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

bornish@gmail.c Posted at 2016-6-3 21:11
Dear Adela,
Please download my log files from below link:
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/a7cuq ...

Dear Bornish,
Thanks for your further information.
I can't open your Dropbox link. I believe what you said about the upgrade log, if each component has been upgraded correctly, the issue should not be out of the firmware. Based on your description, I'm afraid the incompatibility of your phablet and the DJI GO App may result in this problem. Could you please tell me the model of your phablet, I'll see if our engineers could check it out.
Since the only problem is the connection to the DJI GO App, the issue may be also caused by a inferior of the WiFi module inside the Osmo. In that case, I'll suggest you to send your unit in for a test.

Wait for your reply.
Regards,
DJI-Adela
2016-6-3
Use props
bornish
lvl.4
United Arab Emirates

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-4 06:33
Dear Bornish,
Thanks for your further information.
I can't open your Dropbox link. I believe what  ...

Good morning Adela!
The model of the device is X3 from XTouch.
XTouch is a major tablet & phones manufacturer from China.
The phone has great specs and based on release notes should not be incompatible with the DJI Go app.
Also, please note that I have used the same phone with the same OSMO for many months and always worked perfectly with continuous live preview all the time. This issue was first seen a couple of days ago when I have decided to upgrade the OSMO firmware and DJI Go application.
The connection from the OSMO seems to be working well with a few other devices I have used. It always works perfectly with my iPhone 5s. It even works with the latest version of AmiDuOS emulator running Android on my laptop.
I have tried yesterday another Samsung A3 phone with the latest app (DJI Go v2.8.1) and it was even worse behavior. The app is wrongly identifying the OSMO as an Inspire 1, thus cannot connect to it. I have created another thread with the details about the problem seen on that phone.
Please forward all these details to the dev team for further investigation.
Thanks,
Bogdan
2016-6-3
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

bornish@gmail.c Posted at 2016-6-4 11:05
Good morning Adela!
The model of the device is X3 from XTouch.
XTouch is a major tablet & phones m ...

Hello, Bornish
Thanks for your feedback and information.
Since we may not run the full testing on the non-recommended mobile devices to test the compatibility with DJI GO App, we can't guarantee if they would work perfectly with the DJI GO App. We appreciate your feedback about those mentioned mobile devices, I'll covey your post to our engineers for a review.
IMHO, the software programming involves complicated logic which is related both to the OS and the hardware of the mobile device, there's so many suppliers who provide different mobile devices with different features, the situations always differ from case to case. To have a better user experience, please use the recommended devices to run the DJI GO App.

Thanks and regards!
DJI-Adela
2016-6-3
Use props
einkauf
New

Germany

Good morning, Adela,

similar issue with my new OSMO. No video feed on my smartphones. Regarding this thread and others with the same problem, it looks like there is a rather limited choice of mobile devices to operate the Osmo with. It makes me doubt my decision to buy one if that means to spend another 500 Euros for a new phone.
May I suggest that you provide us with more info regarding the phone one will have to buy to put the Osmo tu use? There is just a dozen Android devices listed on the DJI page, there are many frustrated Osmo buyers (and more who will refrain from buying one if it is so hard to tell if they can use the thing with their mobiel device at all), and it seems like you leave the testing to the costumers - or am I mistaken?

All the best
Martin
2016-6-6
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

einkauf@baerfil Posted at 2016-6-6 23:50
Good morning, Adela,

similar issue with my new OSMO. No video feed on my smartphones. Regarding thi ...

Hello, Martin
Thanks for your feedback.
The recommended mobile devices are all the most popular ones nowadays, which have passed through our full tests.
If you want to buy any mobile device that is out of our recommended list, please refer to the specifications of the recommended devices. The basic requirements of the mobile devices for running the DJI GO App we would suggest are 2GB memory RAM and the capability of processsing 1080p image at least.

Thanks.
2016-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules