Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sound recorded by DJI GO application?
2419 4 2016-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bornish
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

Please see this short video: http://youtu.be/uIgjIngDgoA

I have noticed that the DJI Go application requests sounds capturing when video recording starts.
Please clarify the following:
1. Does the application record sound from the Android device?
2. Is the iOS version doing the same?
3. The sound recorded from the mobile device is saved as audio track only for the video cache file on the mobile device or the video from the camera's SD will also use it as audio track?
4. If we attach a stereo mic to the mobile device used, will the DJI GO application be able to use it for sound recording?
5. Which external mics attached to the mobile device are known to be supported?
Thanks in advance,
Bogdan

2016-6-2
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
Yes, if you activate the sound recording in the App, it will start to record the audio while recording the video.
1. It does record sound from the mobile device.
2. The iOS version has the same feature.
3. The sound recorded from the mobile device will be only saved in the Video Cache of the mobile device. The sound track in the SD card is recorded by the built-in Mic of the Osmo itself.
4. If a stereo Mic is attached, the sound can be recorded and saved in the mobile device.
5. The performance depends on the stereo Mic and the mobile device.

For any other issue, please contact us freely.
Any further feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks.
2016-6-2
Use props
bornish
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-3 08:53
Hello.
Yes, if you activate the sound recording in the App, it will start to record the audio while  ...

Adela,
Your clarifications are very much appreciated.
I recommend DJI to promote this functionality as it is very useful for those that want to replace the mono sound with fan noise captured by the OSMO, by extracting the audio track from the video cache file and replacing the audio track of the video file stored on the SD card. Would be great if DJI can also recommend some external stereo mics for iOS or Android devices after testing them, the same way it recommends on their website a few external mics working with the OSMO (VideoMic Pro,...).
Thanks,
Bogdan
2016-6-2
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

bornish@gmail.c Posted at 2016-6-3 14:59
Adela,
Your clarifications are very much appreciated.
I recommend DJI to promote this functionalit ...

Hello, bornish
Thanks for your recommendation.
Our R&D department will take serious consideration about the issue and will try to improve the audio quality in the future.

If there's any update, we'll let you know in our official website.
2016-6-3
Use props
pedrodinis
First Officer
Flight distance : 896476 ft
Portugal

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-2 20:53
Hello.
Yes, if you activate the sound recording in the App, it will start to record the audio while recording the video.
1. It does record sound from the mobile device.

Hi.

Where can I find and download to mac the audio files from the app's cache? I´m using a iPhone and a Mac.
2017-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules