Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone travel insurance
4177 4 2016-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrSilicon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6693586 ft
Australia

I've been looking at travel insurance for an upcoming trip OS but every company I've talked to so far will not insure drones, not even just for theft.

Do you guys get your drone gear insured when you go abroad? Can you recommend any Australian travel insurance companies that will insure drones?

Cheers!
2016-6-2
Use props
nomad65
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Have not had the need up to now , maybe go down the route of , photographic equipment .

Good luck
2016-6-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

To clarify getting drone insurance in general for this unit, or are you looking for one that specializes in travel?
2016-6-17
Use props
Swarley
New
Australia

No Travel Insurance Company in Australia I have spoken with will insure a Drone under any circumstances. I've spoken with quite a few and debated the Camera Equipment category with them. Their response is:

"You’re right that we don’t have a policy definition for “Camera Equipment”, so in the event of a claim we would use the standard definition for this rather than a policy definition if necessary. We are not suggesting that a Drone is not a piece of camera equipment, however regardless of the category of the item we have a policy definition for what we would consider, and be able to offer cover for under our Luggage and Person Effects benefit; as previously explained this would unfortunately not extend to a Drone."

If you do manage to find an Insurance Company that will cover your Drone, please do let me know!

2017-3-23
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
Second Officer
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

I am in the USA and my home owners insurance covers the drone from theft even while away from home or in transit. It is also covered if it was damaged in, say, an automobile accident. I doubt that any of that coverage extends to accidents while flying the drone but I specifically asked about coverage in a hotel room and was told that it would be covered.
2017-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules