Battery Won't Connect to Drone Post Crash
560 1 2016-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jrlarrick
New

United States

[size=14.6667px]I crashed the Phantom 2 in a corn field, and it was still running when I got to where it landed. I immediately shut it off and brought it back into the house. I replaced one of the props that had busted upon landing. When I went to turn it back on the battery didn't appear to be connecting to the drone as the drone made no noises after clicking the battery power button and holding it for two seconds. I tried with a second second battery and had the same result.

[size=14.6667px]The crash came about when I set the compass in one field, drove a few hundred yards down the road to another field with the drone on and connected to the phone. Once I got to the field I set the drone out. The phone gave an error message that the phantom had lost connection, so I switched the S1 switch to regain control. Once this was done and I had regained control and there were no error messages I took off. At fifteen feet in the air the drone shot back, and then shot forward at a downward angle and into the ground. After it started shooting forward I relinquished control.

[size=14.6667px]Are there any thoughts on why the battery wouldn't be connecting or what I did that caused its flight to go bad?

2016-6-3
Use props
pjc0477
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119068 ft

Have you had anyone reply ? I had a similar situation but mine went down ion some water.  I'm  hoping a new battery will recover all functionality....
2016-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules