Haven't seen this rear LED flash sequence before
1099 2 2015-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flhx2010
lvl.1

United States

I have a P2V+ V3. I was using a battery that indicated 60% remaining power on the phone app before take off. It showed 2 bars plus 1 flashing on the battery itself.  I thought it would be sufficient to use to make a quick flight from the park and get a shot of the sunset over the San Juan Islands.  Did compass dance, saw home point, had slow green flashing LED's at idle and take off.  When I got up to about 50 to 75 feet the green leds started to flash 2 quick greens and 1 little bit longer red and this repeated till I descended to about 10 feet then it went back to slow flashing green.  I redid the pre-flight and at about 50 feet it again flashed 2 greens and a red.  At about 10 feet again went to slow flashing green.  This partially used battery had been plugged into the copter for about the past 5 or 6 days since flown briefly.  Actually I was surprised when I made the short flight today at how fast the battery level on the phone app dropped to 30% from 60 now that I think about it. I flew today about 4 total minutes.  2 quick ascents to about 50 feet and the rest of the time just at eye-level hover.  Could the copter have decided that battery power was dropping quicker than expected and made those described green and red flashes as a warning?  I haven't ever flown below 30%.  It all freaked me out so I just packed up and went home.  I searched this forum and online to see if there were any answers.  Has anyone ever seen this or can confirm that my thoughts about the battery warning are right.  Thanks for any help understanding.
2015-1-20
Use props
jtrager.email
lvl.3
United States

I have a Phantom 2 Vision Plus V3 purchased just before Christmas.  I thought the rear lights on mine were flashing a little strange.  In flight (GPS mode), the rear LEDs would be mostly off, and blink green for a split second.  Sometimes one can see 2 short blinks in-a-row.  I was told when the throttle is at least 10 percent change from hover (up or down), it will blink twice.  I also see it blinking twice when you make it go front to back, or right to left.
2015-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules