12Next >
2709 43 2016-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cloudycante
lvl.4
Flight distance : 558173 ft
Italy

Ok, still trying to get acquainted with the P3S after I got it back from repair. I only flew a couple of times before that, so I am still very new, I guess.

Today I moved from my usual location (a park) to another one, still as far as possible from buildings, antennas, electric poles etc...  and for the first time ever I got the "lost signal" message.. Twice!

what's even weirder is that I set max heights and distance to 15mt and 20mt... how could I lose signal in such condition is a something that baffles me.

Now I am trying to pull some data logs, but I am not an expert. I managed to get the file from the iOS app. Is there a log viewer/analyzer to use to read it?

Thanks in advance for the help
2016-6-4
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you upgraded to DJI GO App 2.8.3? Click here to review the GO App 2.8.3 information

It supposedly fixes some of the transmission problems...
2016-6-4
Use props
cloudycante
lvl.4
Italy

terrylewis Posted at 2016-6-4 17:57
Have you upgraded to DJI GO App 2.8.3? Click here to review the GO App 2.8.3 information

It suppose ...

Yeah, I have automatic app update on the iPad and the p3s is on its latest firmware afaik.  I don't think there's an update for the RC, though, right? That's only for adv/pro, isn't it?
2016-6-4
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

cloudycante Posted at 2016-6-5 00:03
Yeah, I have automatic app update on the iPad and the p3s is on its latest firmware afaik.  I don' ...

Both your aircraft ad RC are updated via the GO App, so they should be good. You can check firmware versions in the GO App by going to the General Settings and down at the bottom is About that will show you the P3S firmware version...
2016-6-4
Use props
cloudycante
lvl.4
Italy

terrylewis Posted at 2016-6-4 18:10
Both your aircraft ad RC are updated via the GO App, so they should be good. You can check firmwar ...

Yep, I only have app and aircraft firmware version listed on the DJI go app. Both the latest
2016-6-4
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

cloudycante Posted at 2016-6-5 00:32
Yep, I only have app and aircraft firmware version listed on the DJI go app. Both the latest

Sorry... With the latest updates, that means antenna positioning and wifi interference are probably areas to look.
2016-6-4
Use props
cloudycante
lvl.4
Italy

so, here's the log(s) uploaded to phantomhelp.com

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/FMEHCFM3AY87B56TWUVL/

now, after understanding how could it possibly lose signal in 15 meters, another question would be also... why did it produce 3 different logs, when I actually turn it on and off once, not 3 times?
2016-6-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

cloudycante Posted at 2016-6-4 09:32

Along with terrylewis's suggestion, you can try resetting the WiFi module in the RC along with relinking the RC to the aircraft for good measure. To clarify, have you tried a different mobile device?
2016-6-4
Use props
cloudycante
lvl.4
Italy

no, I didn't try another mobile device, but I don't see the relevance, since the signal lost is between the RC and the aircraft, isn't it?

BTW, as you can see im out in a park, near a crop field. I can tel you there's was no car parked around. I chose the place very thoroughly because I wanted to have it as clean as possible.

I understand I am a newbie at this, but I can't get my head wrapped around the idea that wifi from a house is interfiering in the middle of a park, or that I am not pointing the antenna right.

Also, both times the message appears exactly when the drone reaches 15 meters far out, which is the distance i set on the DJI Go App, what a random happenstance !

I should play lotto today, I guess, since I seem to get all the numbers exactly right  

2016-6-4
Use props
cloudycante
lvl.4
Italy

anyway, thanks to both, of course.

I realised my last comment seemed a bit rude. Please understand it's only because english isn't my first language, so sometimes my wording doesn't come out as I intended it to
2016-6-4
Use props
Marty Be Free !
lvl.1

Ecuador

You can use Dashware to visualise your flight data and see what appen
2016-6-4
Use props
Marty Be Free !
lvl.1

Ecuador

cloudycante Posted at 2016-6-4 12:15
no, I didn't try another mobile device, but I don't see the relevance, since the signal lost is betw ...

I totally agree with you and I don't understand DJI stating that USB cable may have something to do with RC to Aircrafrt Signal weaknesses ... we can fly thoses without the mobile device so ... the USB cable is not in the loop of those signals problems.  The mobile device, as far a I know is in parralel in the loop and may or may not be present so they can't be a problem with "signals" ...

Anyway, I'm using a bunch of other softwares to make my drone fly and I experience problems with those too so .. that's just adding to my understanding of the "how it works".

I don't know about the P3A but I got problems with my P3P and I've post on different forums and thread about that and there's is a lot of theory out there.  The one I like the most is that FAA might had put pressure on DJI because of the Light Bridge technology and they might being forced to change something in the signal loop (power,encription, etc) and trying different thing to integretate that... and that changed appen between firmware update 1.6 and 1.7 of the Aircraft ... because even if they say in the "fw report" that it is possible to downgrade from 1.7 to 1.6, in fact ... It's impossible ... so they don't "want" us to got back before 1.7 ... WHY ???
2016-6-4
Use props
cloudycante
lvl.4
Italy

Marty Be Free ! Posted at 2016-6-4 20:08
You can use Dashware to visualise your flight data and see what appen

I'll look into that, thank you
2016-6-4
Use props
rustymichaud
lvl.2

United States

I wouldn't think you'd should lose any signal that close,even abstructed?
2016-6-4
Use props
cloudycante
lvl.4
Italy

rustymichaud Posted at 2016-6-4 23:00
I wouldn't think you'd should lose any signal that close,even abstructed?

That is just my point, but I am wondering if I'm wrong and if there's anything in the log that can help understand the reason why this happened
2016-6-4
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

How is the signal when you first start up? Did you check the frequency in your menu for signal strength and interference?
2016-6-4
Use props
cloudycante
lvl.4
Italy

rodger Posted at 2016-6-5 03:58
How is the signal when you first start up? Did you check the frequency in your menu for signal stren ...

well, there you have it: http://healthydrones.com/main?flight=fa5c68c85b70d67176bd6e2690fef84c&page_id=GENERAL

Again, I'm no good judge on this, but it seems to me that everything looks fine. The only suspicion is the "poor" GPS signal (which in any case isn't the object of debate here), which is inconsistent with the Green "Safe to Fly GPS" that I was reading on the DJI Go App the whole time (I wouldn't have lift off otherwise).

pict1.png
pict2.png
pict3.png
pict4.png
2016-6-4
Use props
cloudycante
lvl.4
Italy

New flight today, 5 minutes minus a few.
Different site.
Identical issue.

... again around 15mt!

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/FKQ3CDYPBVJTB3IFWS77/

http://healthydrones.com/main?flight=a9bb1e82097d8ac6e23f4b9b4d687cc6

pict1.png
pict2.png
pict3.png
pic4.png
2016-6-5
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

cloudycante Posted at 2016-6-5 00:57
well, there you have it: http://healthydrones.com/main?flight=fa5c68c85b70d67176bd6e2690fef84c&page ...

Try another cable, the thoughts above is that you may have a hardware issue. Looking at the files obviously the signal strength is good. I would check the hardware and try reloading the App.
2016-6-5
Use props
cloudycante
lvl.4
Italy

rodger Posted at 2016-6-5 14:53
Try another cable, the thoughts above is that you may have a hardware issue. Looking at the files  ...

What cable? This is a P3S.

Also, this is a P3S that just got back from repair service (gimbal snapped).  The antennas shouldn't have been touched at all, am I right?
2016-6-5
Use props
amelia.bolli01
lvl.2

United States

This is an easy problem to fix, check out my thread of how to fix this
2016-6-5
Use props
cloudycante
lvl.4
Italy

amelia.bolli01 Posted at 2016-6-5 16:56
This is an easy problem to fix, check out my thread of how to fix this

Hi,

I see in your video you suggest to replace the factory antennas with a custom, which I believe would breach my warranty. The drone has less than two month, which means I would give up 22 months of coverage.

I frankly think DJI should solve the issue (which seems to be relevant for a fair share of people) itself or at least give out some hints of how to lessen the issue until they can come up with the solution.

Loosing my customer rights for solving a problem I didn't cause, doesn't seem a good idea to me, right now
2016-6-5
Use props
cloudycante
lvl.4
Italy

Latest update. Since this afternoon started raining, I decided to use a little the flight simulator.

Well, you wouldn't believe it... Same results! I was getting "Signal lost" messages all over the place.

I was of course pretty near the aircraft, as I was inside my home, sit on a chair with the drone on the table. Unbelievable!
2016-6-5
Use props
Gabe R
lvl.4

If youve set your max height and distance to a certain amount then it will only travel that far. So the reason its only going 15 meters from you is because you set your max distance to 15 meters, id suggest upping it and see what happens then.
2016-6-5
Use props
a.t.ebrahim
lvl.1

Pakistan

It appears from your flight logs, that a max distance and altitude has been set. Kindly change the settings in the DJI Go application. If that doesnt work, you might need to downgrade your firmware.
2016-6-5
Use props
amelia.bolli01
lvl.2

United States

Okay so at this point I would seriously give DJI a call or return the drone. Hope this helps
2016-6-5
Use props
cloudycante
lvl.4
Italy

Gabe R Posted at 2016-6-5 20:59
If youve set your max height and distance to a certain amount then it will only travel that far. So  ...

Frankly I don't get this answer. Of course I set max altitude and distance. That doesn't mean I should get "signal lost"messages!
2016-6-5
Use props
cloudycante
lvl.4
Italy

a.t.ebrahim Posted at 2016-6-5 21:32
It appears from your flight logs, that a max distance and altitude has been set. Kindly change the s ...

I'm sorry but I don't get it: how do you justify "signal lost" messages being caused by max altitude and distance? If anything, I should never get those kind of messages exactly because my max altitude and distance are set extremely conservatively, shouldn't I?
2016-6-5
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

cloudycante Posted at 2016-6-5 09:06
What cable? This is a P3S.

Also, this is a P3S that just got back from repair service (gimbal sna ...

My mistake. I am not use to the aspects of the standard. The antennas, good point. They may have been disconnected during the repair and not reconnected. I think you just solved your issue.
2016-6-6
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

cloudycante Posted at 2016-6-5 11:08
Hi,

I see in your video you suggest to replace the factory antennas with a custom, which I belie ...

Just use his tutorial to check on the connection of the stock antennas. I am not a fan of using third party gear. Just asking for trouble. The supplied antennas work fine, as long as they are connected that is.
2016-6-6
Use props
Gabe R
lvl.4

cloudycante Posted at 2016-6-5 16:06
New flight today, 5 minutes minus a few.
Different site.
Identical issue.

You post clearly keeps stating that Max distance has been reached. Change your max distance to something greater like 60 meters and see what happens. If you still can only get 15 meters than I will admit I was wrong.
2016-6-6
Use props
franciszorrilla
lvl.2

Thailand

Hi Everyone,

this is what i am having problem now. this is even after my drone came back from DJI repair.

IMG-20160607-WA0001.jpg
2016-6-6
Use props
Gabe R
lvl.4

franciszorrilla Posted at 2016-6-7 10:30
Hi Everyone,

this is what i am having problem now. this is even after my drone came back from DJI r ...

Prob would have been better to start your own thread. The OP seems to have different issues then yours. posting on the same thread will confuse people.
2016-6-6
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Try downgrade your firmware, if it still doesn't work, I would contact DJI Support Europe
2016-6-6
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 518455 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would go along with the suggestion that you change you max range and see what happens.
2016-6-6
Use props
cloudycante
lvl.4
Italy

Gabe R Posted at 2016-6-7 03:18
You post clearly keeps stating that Max distance has been reached. Change your max distance to som ...

Hello Gabe R,

of course I will change the max distance asap and see what changes.

My guess though, is that - whitin a fair conservative distance - i will keep getting "Signal Lost" messages at the far end of the virtual circle around the RC.

If that's true, how am I trusting the messages from the DJI Go App?

How am I using the information to fly safe, if I can't trust the information I get?

I don't know if you read it on the topic, but I got the same message when flying the simulator... I am truly puzzled

From my point of view, this is a big issue, because it creates an environment where I can't trust the information I get, hence putting at risk the drone when flying it
2016-6-7
Use props
crembo9
lvl.1

Bulgaria

franciszorrilla Posted at 2016-6-7 05:30
Hi Everyone,

this is what i am having problem now. this is even after my drone came back from DJI r ...

which antenna is this ? AGR or replica?
is it any good?
2016-6-7
Use props
remi_rl
lvl.2
France

Have you downgrade the firmware of the P3 std ? The new version seems to be bad ...
2016-6-7
Use props
cloudycante
lvl.4
Italy

remi_rl Posted at 2016-6-7 14:03
Have you downgrade the firmware of the P3 std ? The new version seems to be bad ...

no, but I'm gonna have to accept that the messages from the App have to be taken with a lick of salt. I will trust them, as long as doing it won't mean arming the drone, otherwise I have to know I'm flying on my own risk
2016-6-7
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Do you have your cell phone with you at these times and is the WiFi turned ON by any chance?

Is the WiFi on your viewing device ON or OFF?   (It should be OFF when flying)
2016-6-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules