y-split cable for Ipad mini 3
680 3 2016-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LICENSED PILOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>

[size=14.6667px]Anyone knows where I get a y-splitter cable that allows flying use of the Ipad mini while charging?
2016-6-4
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I thought of that myself and to my knowledge can not be done. I also tried to find a device and asked the Apple folks  and they did not know of any as well.  

Good question though ( Great Minds Think Alike I Guess !!)

donnie
2016-6-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It may be possible since you're splitting processing power from the mobile device and not the remote. I've seen it as a "hit or miss" scenario depending on the device, as the splitter might siphon too much processing power that could affect the performance of the app. Most of our products that use Lightbridge technology do not like adapters and prefer a straight connection to the device/ monitor for optimal effect.
2016-6-17
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-17 08:48
It may be possible since you're splitting processing power from the mobile device and not the remote ...

Just my opinion, like a firmware upgrade  on this forum I wait for others to jump in first if ok great!
The app draw could be a question to  hesitate  But even if they had a splitter  Chances with a sudden failure  with an unexplained new problem .Me personally no thank you!
Nice thought though!

Steve
2016-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules