FPV for Phantom 4
2442 6 2016-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cedthered
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1225827 ft
Sweden

Hi there, I have been flying FPV since many years back, but my equipment is ancient and out of date, GoPro 1 plus the very very first Fatshark goggles that came out and I have a 1020MhZ video sender/receiver that I flew on my KK system.
Now I have a Phantom 4 and I love it, but my FPV equipment does not work on it.
What do I need?
I would like to hear from those who are doing it, and what really works.
Thanx in advance.

2016-6-5
Use props
broadlandboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United Kingdom

Think you need the HDMI module for the controller from DJI & a set of goggles that accept HDMI input. Then mini HDMI to mini HDMI cable or adapters.
2016-6-5
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello cedthered, you can install an HDMI module on the RC.Then use the cable with mini HDMI ports to connect the FPV goggles and RC.
2016-6-5
Use props
rogerpettersen0
lvl.1
Norway

I Have order the HDMI UNIT to my Phantom 4 (witch I have not flown yet) , and I will try it on my fatshark HD goggles. I have done FPV on my Phantom 2  with my Futaba radio. I toggle the normal flight and   course lock on my Futaba switch: I use normal flight in FPV, and when I landed I toggle to course lock and oriented my self to the surroundings before landing. BUT in Phantom 4 you need the APP DJI GO to toggle between these flight mode if I understand right ??? I really like the idea to can toggle this directly on the remote control !!  ( I will fly FPV without the APP DJI GO with directly video output from HDMI) . Can anyone confirm that I will need to toggle between normal and course lock ONLY ON THE APP DJI GO ??
2016-6-8
Use props
jeff.klomstad
New

United States

Looking at getting a Phantom 4 but do not know if my phone will work with it.  I have an Amazon Fire phone.  Does anyone have an info on this?

2016-10-22
Use props
jcostello182
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861490 ft

United Kingdom

I have the hdmi setup running fat shark dom v3s and all i can say is its awesome

2016-10-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

jeff.klomstad Posted at 2016-10-23 13:04
Looking at getting a Phantom 4 but do not know if my phone will work with it.  I have an Amazon Fire ...

It has enough RAM, but the OS it runs on is speculative. There are some dealers that have display units that you could try connecting to it before you buy. That may be the best course of action. Otherwise, you may want to look into using one of the devices that are on the recommended list or their newer counterparts.
2016-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules