Use props
dkruseski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791184 ft
United States

taylordavid Posted at 2016-6-5 23:54
She should have been charged

Absolutely. I'd have pressed charges.

And probably not have been as nice as those guys were.
2016-6-5
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I understand how she feels, my village was wiped out by an FPV drone
2016-6-5
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

https://photographyisnotacrime.c ... d-by-drones-camera/
2016-6-5
Use props
Starry
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1161286 ft
United States

you should go to somewhere without human.
2016-6-5
Use props
Starry
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1161286 ft
United States

This woman is crazy
2016-6-5
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

taylordavid Posted at 2016-6-5 23:54
She should have been charged

As long as people keep doing this and are NOT charged, they will continue to do this.

This woman (Lisa Manfredi) appears to have emotional issues and is probably on some type of medication(s).
Most importantly,   It is a Registered Aircraft.   The FAA needs to prosecute some of these cases until people get the message that posession of someone else's drones is not a game.

The FAA was quick to make us register, pay and follow their rules.    Where is the urgency in protecting drone operators and the class they created?
2016-6-5
Use props
dkruseski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791184 ft
United States

malvern Posted at 2016-6-6 00:17
https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/06/southern-california-woman-steals-drone-then-lies-about-it ...

Perfect tone in that article. Can't stand that type of person. Total a$$hole, but under the guise of trying to be helpful, involved.

A pox on her.
2016-6-5
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Starry Posted at 2016-6-5 23:19
you should go to somewhere without human.

poor us droners
2016-6-5
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I agree she should have been charged.  Theft of more that $500 is considered a felony in a lot of places.  See if she shows up at Park Meeting she was talking about and take that video!

If nothing else happens to her it looks like the amount of public shaming she's going to get from this is going to mess up her karma for some time.  
And hey, we also have a new internet meme:  "Lisa Manfredi" will now represent all the overzealous, self-righteous douchebags (overweight and knock kneed optional)
LisaManfredi.png
2016-6-5
Use props
tytlyf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72867 ft

There's a certain type of person that always does this.  The kind that thinks the government is always watching them.  Paranoid and miserable people.
2016-6-5
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

LOL that woman is nuts, good on you for being calm with her, she was lucky enough to have you as the pilot, imagine a nutty pilot and she stolen his copter, she was darn lucky, she is one awefull lying fat ass cow, good luck love !!! LOL
2016-6-5
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

Ugly dog on both ends of the lead.  Some poor guy is married to her by the sound of it.  She puts food and drink in that dirty/foul mouth.
2016-6-5
Use props
bjwinspect
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1768576 ft
United States

Looks like her Linkin pic was taken with a drone
2016-6-5
Use props
Murilo Carmello
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1562549 ft
Brazil

Crazy bi......  hehehe
2016-6-5
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Some people are nicer than other, some are smarter than others.. she is neither... oh well...
2016-6-5
Use props
AssHatModerator
lvl.2

United States

Imagine the conversation that her kids will have with her:  "Good grief Mom, why did you steal that guys drone, lie about it and say you would kill him?  Do you have any idea of how much crap I'm going to get from everybody at school!?!"  
2016-6-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

AssHatModerator Posted at 2016-6-6 17:23
Imagine the conversation that her kids will have with her:  "Good grief Mom, why did you steal that  ...

Yeah, except as they say 'The apple does not fall far from the tree'
2016-6-5
Use props
buddhabelly
lvl.2

United States

"It is my sincere desire that my research and hard work will help create a world where we all learn to walk this Earth, safe,
enlightened and free from the perils of cruelty, ignorance, and all the other dark and sinister forces, which make assholes possible
.”

― Alexei Maxim Russell

MeritBadge.jpg
2016-6-5
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

AssHatModerator Posted at 2016-6-6 09:23
Imagine the conversation that her kids will have with her:  "Good grief Mom, why did you steal that  ...

No don't even think she has kids - now I want to throw up  {:4_117:}
2016-6-6
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

buddhabelly@tam Posted at 2016-6-6 09:52
"It is my sincere desire that my research and hard work will help create a world where we all learn  ...

Love the brown bit in the middle.........{:4_110:}
2016-6-6
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

She had an agenda. There were no words that were going to satisfy her. You people handled it well.
2016-6-6
Use props
mag_75
New

United States

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-6-5 09:57
As long as people keep doing this and are NOT charged, they will continue to do this.

This woman  ...

add one more upvote.  Amen
2016-6-6
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

Thanks guys for staying calm and doing the right thing with this video. I sure hope she realizes what she did was wrong in so many ways. Education and safety are number one!
2016-6-6
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

after searching a bit on facebook people have been randomly linking the news articles all over her page commenting links.   she looks like a nice normal person but is off in the head for sure with her actions in the video.   
2016-6-6
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

I would have told the cop she threatened to kill me and I want her arrested. What scares me is she probably votes too!
2016-6-6
Use props
designengine
New

United States

thumb Posted at 2016-6-6 12:24
I would have told the cop she threatened to kill me and I want her arrested. What scares me is she p ...

awesome!  All on camera too

Bart Brejcha
design-engine.com
2016-6-6
Use props
azpholt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4619 ft
United States

we had her phone number but is not active now since we posted it everywhere lol
2016-6-6
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

The dog was cute...
funny.jpg
2016-6-6
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for Sharing it could be worse she could be your next door neighbor
Omg what a mouth what a liar
2016-8-3
Use props
Spare Wheel
lvl.2

United Kingdom

malvern Posted at 2016-6-5 17:12
I understand how she feels, my village was wiped out by an FPV drone

Agree. It's not as if this drone is being flown with any sense of responsibility, although no doubt the 'pilot' will disagree.

And here is the problem, shown in this thread a totally one-sided and polarised reaction, especially from people throwing around the usual childish 'ass ole' type comments and commenting upon her appearance. And by association, likely the reaction to my post will send similar comments hurtling.

The lady involved probably walks her dog in this space often and probably has done for some time. And now she sees a bunch of guys fast flying and likely FPV around what is after all public space for previously 'accepted' public recreation. She sees this as a threat - and rightly so.

The mature reaction is to see both points to the disagreement, not to throw insults. And as to the guy thinking he will succeed in a prosecution - get real - and get off your horse. She did not 'steal' your aircraft.

Time to calm down and to start thinking about what image you are conveying to the non-flying public.
2016-8-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Spare Wheel Posted at 2016-8-4 17:04
Agree. It's not as if this drone is being flown with any sense of responsibility, although no doub ...

According to the clip, the area they were flying the drone in was approved for that purpose. Whether the pilot flew 'responsibly' or not is not the issue here, and as long as he posed no danger to others, he was free to fly it any way he wanted to.

The woman clearly took the aircraft and concealed it on her person, and was seen doing so. She also took the law into her own hands. While the personal criticism is over the top, she was most certainly out of line. The guys in the clip handled it quite well, and as far as the reaction on this forum, it is hardly a public arena.

2016-8-3
Use props
Spare Wheel
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-8-4 08:15
According to the clip, the area they were flying the drone in was approved for that purpose. Whethe ...

PR? Journalists? They often dip into special interest fora like this to garner a story - hacks don't let the facts get in the way of a story.

I'd accept most of what you have said as like you I wasn't there irrespective of what the video shows, but also does not show; and also agree with you as to the level of personal criticism being meted out here. Likely she could bring a charge of harrassment with such material if her lawyers went back over this thread. But people are always quick to herd, often without thinking.

Regards
2016-8-4
Use props
oldpanhead58
lvl.1
United States

Are you harassing someone if you follow them after they stole you car , I think not ,here in the USA you can make a citizens arrest if you witness a crime , which she did . She picked it up knowing someone had just flow it there & crashed it , picked it up & concealed it from view , just like someone stole a Purse & carried it away , that's theft here . Then refused to return said property back when confronted with this theft & in my book acted crazy while refusing to return the property she ripped off .
    You are correct in us not seeing what when on before this part of the video , but that irreverent to the theft . She should be prosecuted as with any thief , it was her actions after she picked it up that makes the difference between theft & a concerned Citizen .
2016-8-4
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

gil Posted at 2016-6-5 10:38
I agree she should have been charged.  Theft of more that $500 is considered a felony in a lot of pl ...

Great  description Gil,  she was way over-the-top and your correct, something is wrong with her needs help a boyfriend or girlfriend   The drone owner handled it well  and the police knew this.
Is this on you tube now? I have not checked.
2016-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules