What Tablet, recommendations please.
2554 22 2015-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cathalspot.emai
lvl.2

Ireland

Hi guys, just got my v2+ and lovin it.  I need to get a new phone phablet or tablet and am looking for recomendations please.
Can you recommend an android type tablet around the 7 inch size, which works best?

2015-1-20
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

I'm running an Apple generation 2 10.1 inch screen
2015-1-20
Use props
mark_turner6920
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1129 ft
United Kingdom

I can recommend the Samsung tablets, I have a galaxy note 10.1 myself it's great.
2015-1-20
Use props
cathalspot.emai
lvl.2

Ireland

guymacdonald Posted at 2015-1-21 15:26
I am a Mac & iPad man but run Windows XP as well on my Macbook Pro but am curious why you prefer an  ...

I have an I pad 2, but when I tried using it with the v2+ a message came up saying that groundstation functionality is not not compatible or something to that effect, and obviously I don't want to encourage a fly away so being cautious as a new user.  I don't want to buy another ipad specifically for it, besides in Ireland they are very pricy to be honest.  Android tablets you can add sd cards for extra memory and are less pricy.  I could be missing something here just making sure.
2015-1-21
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

cathalspot.emai Posted at 2015-1-21 16:05
I have an I pad 2, but when I tried using it with the v2+ a message came up saying that groundstati ...

Check your IOS version on your IPAD 2.  Mine would not work with the DJI app until I had an IOS version 6.1, then it was compatible.  
2015-1-21
Use props
mark_turner6920
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1129 ft
United Kingdom

I prefer android as got more flexibility and can upgrade memory easily, with apple that flexibility is lost!
2015-1-21
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

mark_turner6920 Posted at 2015-1-21 17:46
I prefer android as got more flexibility and can upgrade memory easily, with apple that flexibility  ...

Apple iPad 2 32GB,
32 gb is plenty of memory for what I need this for.
2015-1-21
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

i believe that gerry is right, the ipad iOS has to be a certain version or your groundstation wont work.  there is no other reason it shouldnt work on your ipad.
2015-1-21
Use props
phillbarnes9.em
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40367 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi all.  I have the iPad air Wifi only can you tell me if this will work with the Phantom 2 vision +. Many thanks
2015-1-21
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

phillbarnes9.em Posted at 2015-1-21 22:30
Hi all.  I have the iPad air Wifi only can you tell me if this will work with the Phantom 2 vision + ...

You should have no problem running this.  
2015-1-21
Use props
cathalspot.emai
lvl.2

Ireland

Hi guy.  Back again, I checked my iPad 2 running iOS 8 (wifi only) and now groundstation is working, well in theory I did not fly it yet.  A little confusing.  The previous time I tried it groundsation would not work and video froze and was very glitchy even at a distance no further than 400 meters all in line of sight.
I will test agin over the next Oportunity and report back.
Stay safe and may the drones rise to greet you.
Cathal
2015-1-21
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

cathalspot.emai Posted at 2015-1-22 02:31
Hi guy.  Back again, I checked my iPad 2 running iOS 8 (wifi only) and now groundstation is working, ...

That is great,  I have 2 of them.  I think the IOS is now 8.1.  They will work good for you.  Save a google map and then you can use it when you do waypoints.
2015-1-21
Use props
smar8600.email
lvl.2

United States

I am using Asus 8" memo that works just fine.
2015-1-21
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

Many people agree that the Galaxy Tab S is best one around now. Comes in 8.4" and 10.5" I have the 10.5 and it is great.
2015-1-21
Use props
cathalspot.emai
lvl.2

Ireland

Nice one thanx again guys.  Have to admit a bit nervous the way it behaved with the ipad2 in middle of nowhere close by in line of sight dropped video told me groundstation not poss and glitchy.  Full firmware updates on evrything running ins iOS 8.
Can't explain brand new v2+ everything's charged.  Go figure?
2015-1-21
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Samsung Tab S; just the right size IMO, light and a good screen for outside (nearly never need a screen shade).

And as an added benefit you can use the new app I'm working on (http://www.kenargo.com/AndroidApps/UltimateFlight/).  Which I'll be adding follow-me and point-of-interest flight unless the DJI SDK blocks me but investigation looks promising. (Yes, a shameless plug)

Right now I'm finishing the core flight and camera features, Ground Station and autonomous flight is next.
2015-1-21
Use props
cathalspot.emai
lvl.2

Ireland

Thanx nice one will check it out.

WOW this looks very promising, the feature functionality is fantastic, ENOUGH RESPECT.
One thing missing is the capability to set waypoints and alter the camera direction while in flight without altering the direction of flight this would be a big big plus, as it would free me up to frame the shots i want and nail it.. I looks like you are heading that direction (OPun Intended) so fair play, very impressed!

here is a little vid of first flight I put together shot in Ireland.
Not happy with the output quality of t5he vid using Corel video studio x5 will be upgarding to x7 soon and relaise I has some of the settings incorrect hence the flaws but over all not bad as a first attempt.

2015-1-22
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

I am using the Samsung Galaxy tab4 7 inch, works great, not to big, not to small. My only complaint is the sun glare makes it hard to see the screen, but by turning up the brightness helps some. I haven't been able to find a sunshade for it yet.
2015-1-22
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

TomWolves Posted at 2015-1-22 20:51
I am using the Samsung Galaxy tab4 7 inch, works great, not to big, not to small. My only complaint  ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/28145826 ... =STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Scroll down they have 5 inch shades in black or white.
2015-1-22
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

Yes! but I have a 7" inch not 5" Gerry
2015-1-25
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

TomWolves Posted at 2015-1-26 06:08
Yes! but I have a 7" inch not 5" Gerry

They have 7 inch sun shades.  Just scroll down the page.
2015-1-25
Use props
Gunny Huntarr
lvl.2

United States

Ole Gunny uses the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 the amoled screen has been super bright and clear, don't even use a sun shade. IMHO
2015-1-25
Use props
cathalspot
lvl.2

Ireland

Hi Guys,
Been off line for a while.
I went with a Galaxy tab4 , reasonably priced and just the right size, in mu opinion.  
Thank you for all the advise.
Stay stay and stay cool.
2015-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules