Tiny Stress Crack
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
metronome
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48852 ft
United States

Is this very small stress crack a warrantable issue, should I be concerned or just keep an eye on it. P3A has had no crashes/hard landings and I try not to jump & jerk the craft during flight.
Can a small crack be arrested by applying a minute amount of liquid isocyanate, liquid modeling glue or any type of plastic welder like tenex. What type of plastic is the shell, polystyrene, ABS??

stress crack pic 1

stress crack pic 1

stress crack pic 2

stress crack pic 2

2016-6-6
Use props
Flight Raptor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately, these cracks are more common these copters than one would hope.  I'm not sure of the chemical makeup of the plastic, but what I did was buy some clear Gorilla tape (VERY THICK STUFF) and applied it to the bottom of the outside arms across all of those screw holes and then cut the tape around the craft to 'shape' the tape.  Then you can add these arm reinforcements:
https://www.uavbits.net/products/strong-arm-reinforcement-plates
2016-6-6
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

It honestly just looks like overtightening and then the vibrations equals stress cracks. I don't know. What I do know is I loosened and retightened all my motor mount screws on my P3S and (knocks on wood) all is well. Yes, I have had crashes early on but not after gaining some skill with flying it.
2016-6-6
Use props
metronome
lvl.2
United States

I too bought a torx kit and backed off all these heads after reading a lot of posts. Check them regularly. Still wonder about the feasibility of arresting/stopping a crack with a plastic welder/bonder type glue......
2016-6-6
Use props
jefferyfarrell
lvl.2
New Zealand

I put a small amount of model glue I've the top but it has continued along under the glue and out the other side. I have been meaning to get hold of dji re warranty as its under a year old and never been crashed.
2016-6-6
Use props
jefferyfarrell
lvl.2
New Zealand

Over the top*
2016-6-6
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello metronome, I'd suggest you to contact our support and send the drone to our North America service center for fixing the crack. Here is the contacting information: 北美地址.JPG
2016-6-6
Use props
metronome
lvl.2
United States

Thanks Paladin... will do
2016-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules