Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Recommendation for charging while driving?
981 5 2016-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Romi
lvl.1

United States

I'm going on a road trip this summer and would like to bring the Inspire with me. Sure, I could charge the batteries with a generator at the field but I would like to charge while driving and we're not going to be in hotels very often.

Reccomendations on good power inverters on Amazon or common electronics stores? I will be charging the TB47 and TB48s with the 100W charger from DJI.

Thanks!
2016-6-6
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

You are not going to be able to go much above 350 to 400 watt charger for  a" lighter " adapter setup.  I use one that I bought at an electronics store in my area  that does 375  Watts.  I notice if I have other things charging as well that the override trips on it.    The one I really  like to use connects directly to my battery and has some large 8 gauge wire for the leads and is 1500 watts, this is what I use when I am on location .  I also have a small generator that works just great as well.  You can now get Generators at a pretty reasonable price, but I digress.

Don't get one that does 100 watts because there are surges and it will pop the breaker on the unit.  I had a Stanley  that did 150 Watts and was always popping, like that .  I would say Minimum 200

Mine is a Tripp - Lite ( Kind of a funny name )  375 Watt about 75 dollars.  

Make sure to fully charge the battery of the family transport as well BEFORE  YOUR TRIP , the generator on most cars is the bare minimum to maintain the charge and you must fully charge the battery to get the maximum benefit  out of it .  

Cheers - donnie

Have a safe and fun trip, be sure to have extra Props , Sd cards , all types of small tools etc.  Nothing is worse than the perfect day and find out a Prop is chiipped or SD card has failed.

Make sure you donot drain the battery as well at the flying site charging it.  I always keep a small booster battery charger with me just in case, you can get these for a bout 100 to 150 dollars or more  depending on the power output .  It is a bad day  getting stuck somewhere with a dead battery.  I have saved the day on more than one occassion with that little gem.  

2016-6-7
Use props
Tharg (from the
First Officer
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

This is really radical and very lateral kind of thinking but have you thought about maybe....one of these?

Innovative way to charge an Inspire battery in the car
2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-6-8 00:51
This is really radical and very lateral kind of thinking but have you thought about maybe....one of  ...

They do work well
2016-6-7
Use props
Romi
lvl.1

United States

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-6-7 09:51
This is really radical and very lateral kind of thinking but have you thought about maybe....one of  ...

That is a ridiculous price to pay for a simple charger with a 12 V plug....
2016-6-7
Use props
Tharg (from the
First Officer
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Romi Posted at 2016-6-7 19:17
That is a ridiculous price to pay for a simple charger with a 12 V plug....

You asked for a solution, I provided one. Because you do not like the price is not my fault.
It is more than a simple charger with a 12v plug.
It is a CV/CC power supply.
None of the DJI products are chargers, they are power supplies. The charging is taken care of internally within the battery.
2016-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules