693 4 2016-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
quint7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 518455 ft
  • >>>
United States

My new 3P arrives tomorrow. My question is I've seen so many firmware issues everywhere. So should I upgrade firmware, etc., as I'm  sure it will ask me? Or should I avoid it like the plague cause chances are it will create huge issues?
2016-6-6
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congratulations on your new system!!!

Take it slow and steady. Don't rush to do anything but learn how the system operates out of the box.
Read every document in the box. Then read the user guide again for things you missed.
Get familiar with your Phantom out of the box. It should fly just fine without any updates.
Investigate how to determine what firmware is actually installed on your new system.
After a week or more then consider upgrades.
Take a look at the upgrade release notes and the instructions on how to upgrade the system.
Downloads, including documentation is located at this link for the P3P.
Ask questions BEFORE you attempt the upgrade if you are not sure of procedures.

Good luck and always fly safe!!!
2016-6-6
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello quint7, it is recommended to keep both the firmware and app up to date. Here is the link to download the latest firmware for the P3 Professional: http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-pro/info#downloads

2016-6-6
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 518455 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks. I've owned a standard before. So I'm familiar with the basics and have studied the manuals. I'm just asking regarding the messes I've been reading where people upgrade and the connection is lost between the RC and other nightmares based possible on the latest firmware.
2016-6-7
Use props
cliffb
lvl.2
United States

I was mulling over the same question for my just received P3A.  I decided to do it and completed the upgrade this morning.  It went well with no problems and I had a successful short test flight afterward.
2016-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules