Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Galaxy S5 Marshmallow 6.0.1 Not Connecting
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fly Dawg
lvl.1
United States

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on this issue.
Some specs first.

P3A
RC Firmware 1.6
AC Firmware 1.8.80
APP Version   2.8.1

Using Galaxy S5

Flying one day with the above with Lollipop 5.1.1 Phone Software
Next Day updated to Marshmallow 6.0.1

Aircraft connects to controller, but App never says "Aircraft Connected" and remains
on the selection screen. No video, no telemetry. Aircraft will fly just fine manually.
Any Idea's? Tried uninstalling reinstalling the APP, 3 different USB cables, different power up sequences.
Same results. Powered up with an IPAD Air. Works fine. But s5 is primary.

2016-6-7
Use props
dimitris.thass
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140607 ft
  • >>>
Greece

change the USB configuration  to MTP , Probably it is on Charging only mode
2016-6-7
Use props
spacieman
lvl.1

United States

Ok, how do I do that? Where is the setting?how do I find it?

2016-6-7
Use props
Fly Dawg
lvl.1
United States

Changed the USB to MTP still no connection. Thanks for trying though. If you have any other suggestions feel free to throw them out.
2016-6-7
Use props
spacieman
lvl.1

United States

I can't even get the option to change it. I do know that was part of the solution that and debugging I think, I had to do this before but forgot how
2016-6-7
Use props
Fly Dawg
lvl.1
United States

Spacieman,  Go to settings/ Developer options/ You will find it there
2016-6-7
Use props
spacieman
lvl.1

United States

Don't see developer options there
2016-6-7
Use props
spacieman
lvl.1

United States

Tried this too
2016-6-7
Use props
John Osmo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

spacieman@yahoo Posted at 2016-6-7 20:36
Don't see developer options there

This is why I'm still hanging onto my Lollipop! With DJI's software reputation, I'll hang on for at least 6 months
2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You guys are swiping down from the top of the screen, then you see the "USB for Charging" tab, tap that and change it MIDI devices. It used to be change to Software Installation, but then MIDI worked.
Now, my S6 does it automatically. And if it doesn't, just unplug the USB from the RC and plug back in and it should automatically connect and open the GO app.
2016-6-7
Use props
dfranzoni28
New
Flight distance : 5610 ft
Ireland

This might sound silly but did you restart your phone after upgrade to marshmallow. As the same happened to me last Friday ph updated to marshmallow and I had to restart it twice.
2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Fly Dawg, do other device work well with your RC ? Have you tried other USB cables?
2016-6-7
Use props
Spacieman
lvl.1

United States

I called tech yesterday they didn't know how to fix it. Said they were elevating it to next group. Expect a reply in 24 hours ... nothing yet
2016-6-8
Use props
Fly Dawg
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-7 15:52
You guys are swiping down from the top of the screen, then you see the "USB for Charging" tab, tap t ...

Ken, This is a partial solution in this order that worked for me. However, there is still an Issue with Litchi.

1) Uninstall Go App.
2) Uninstall Litchi ( If applicable)
3) Reboot Phone by pressing the Volume Up Key, The Home Key and the Power Key simoultaneously.
From the drop down menu that appears, select Restart.( Note: When you do this, make sure your phone
screen has timed out and is blank. It will not work otherwise.)
4) Reinstall Go app.
5) Connect usb cable to phone only.( Wait to connect the cable to RC)
6) Power RC
7) Power up AC ( Ensure the RC is Connected to AC, green light on RC)
8) Connect USB to RC
9) Phone should recognize and give option to set GO as default
10) Set Go as default and you should be good from there, worked for me.

If I have the Go App only installed, it appears to be fully functional. But if I install Litchi, neither app will
work.
2016-6-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Fly Dawg Posted at 2016-6-11 23:46
Ken, This is a partial solution in this order that worked for me. However, there is still an Issue ...

As far as Litchi not connecting, that is a 3rd party software and they would have to advise you of that.
2016-6-11
Use props
Fly Dawg
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-11 14:08
As far as Litchi not connecting, that is a 3rd party software and they would have to advise you of ...

Ken, I completely understand that Litchi is a third party app. I appreciate the response.
I did want to say that Litchi runs just fine, if it alone is installed. Go App runs just fine if it
alone is installed. However, if both apps are installed, neither will connect, and it makes no difference which is installed first. As I said, If both apps are installed neither one connects. That was the point
I was trying to make. They both worked fine on Android Lollipop 5.1.1 together. Now on Android 6.01
neither will connect if installed together. There is a conflict someplace, wouldn't you agree? If both apps
work fine without the other installed?
2016-6-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Fly Dawg Posted at 2016-6-12 04:36
Ken, I completely understand that Litchi is a third party app. I appreciate the response.
I did wa ...

I don't understand if both apps are installed and you try to dun one when the other is fully closed why it would not work. Only one app is active so you only have one app running.
And if you are trying to run both apps at the same time without the other one being fully closed, that has already caused aircraft crashes and you should not be doing that anyways.
2016-6-11
Use props
Fly Dawg
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-12 00:28
I don't understand if both apps are installed and you try to dun one when the other is fully close ...

Ken,

My point exactly. That is the mystery. I never ran both apps at the same time when they were working with Lollipop 5.1.1.  I know that cause's issues if you do that. It is simply the fact that if both apps are installed on my Galaxy S5 with Marshmallow 6.0.1, neither will connect. If I install one or the other and not both each one works fine. That is what I am trying to figure out. As I mentioned before, there is definitely a conflict between the two and Marshmallow 6.0.1. It's just a matter of finding out what the conflict is. I have seen a thread or two elsewhere with this very same issue.
2016-6-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Fly Dawg Posted at 2016-6-12 21:46
Ken,

My point exactly. That is the mystery. I never ran both apps at the same time when they were ...

That is very strange if the other app is fully closed (going to application manager and force stop)  and it will not run.
2016-6-12
Use props
Fly Dawg
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-12 20:37
That is very strange if the other app is fully closed (going to application manager and force stop ...

Very strange indeed. As for the force stop action, I understand that as well, but just for the sake of this issue, after a complete uninstall of the apps and a reinstall of both apps. Lets stop there. Neither has been opened to run. It does not matter which app I open first. Whichever it is, it does not connect. Only one will connect when only it is installed.
2016-6-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Fly Dawg Posted at 2016-6-13 21:04
Very strange indeed. As for the force stop action, I understand that as well, but just for the sak ...

I don't understand why it's doing that. I have never used Litchi but I know a lot of people who use it and the DJI GO app on IOS and Android and all of their devices are working fine.
2016-6-13
Use props
Fly Dawg
lvl.1
United States

The only thing I know at this point is that Marshmallow changed the USB popup. On Lollipop when you connect the USB cable you get a popup that gave both Litchi and Go Icons, and a choice of either
to run just once or always. Now, if both apps are installed, there is no popup at all and neither will run if you simply start the app from the main screen. The popup will appear as I said if only one of the 2 apps are installed and you get either the DJI Icon, or the Litchi Icon as a selection choice whichever is installed.
2016-6-13
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I have noticed, since the Android update,  my phone is always resetting to " Connected as Installer " .  I have to connect it to my computer and swipe down the status then select "Connect as MTP" for it to work.  I have both Litchi and the Go app on my device.
2016-6-13
Use props
petebox
lvl.2
Flight distance : 770410 ft
United Kingdom

Fly Dawg Posted at 2016-6-13 17:51
The only thing I know at this point is that Marshmallow changed the USB popup. On Lollipop when you  ...

Hi Fly Dawg

I have the identical problem that you have described.
After Marshmallow update on S5 you can only have either Litchi or DJI GO working ...If both installed neither work !!
Before update to Marshmallow the choice came up and both would work..
Wasted hours trying to find a solution but to no avail.
Did you ever get it sorted ?
Pete
2016-7-8
Use props
Fly Dawg
lvl.1
United States

petebox@lineone Posted at 2016-7-8 07:37
Hi Fly Dawg

I have the identical problem that you have described.

Pete,

I have tried every setting and USB connect options to no avail. I did contact a Litchi
Tech about the issue via email, and according to him, as I already suspected it is a device
dependent issue with Marshmallow and the S5 is one of the few devices this occurs with.
So long story short, no fix yet.
2016-7-8
Use props
clknight
New

Australia

I had the same problem after updating to Marshmallow. DJI Go and Drone Deploy were to two apps. Uninstalled Drone Deploy and can now connect to Samsung S5 thru DJI Go app. While the S5 works, I find I need a larger screen, so I'm looking to get an Ipad to be the dedicated device for my Phantom 4.
2016-8-22
Use props
fansc9e8058d
New

United States

I tried to restart and do the procedure that one guy had said to do. it made no difference with mine. I too am running the 6.0 and my DJI Go app will not connect to my mavic Pro either.
2017-2-11
Use props
Varron
lvl.1
Australia

Sorry to revive a old thread but I'm really knocking my head against the wall here trying to get my Galaxy s5 to detect my Phantom 4 Advanced.

To get the usual questions out of the way the drone detects perfectly on my iphone and ipad. I'm hoping to use my s5 in order to be able to use some android photogrammetry software but the first step is to get the DJI Go app to detect it.

I've tried multiple usb cables, I've changed between each of the USB transfer modes (MTP, MIDI, etc) in and out of airplane mode. I've tried various voodoo procedures about plugging in and turning off different devices at different times. All to no avail.

The S5 is apparently supported, the drone works well. Whats the problem here?!
2019-1-27
Use props
Fly Dawg
lvl.1
United States

Varron Posted at 1-27 17:02
Sorry to revive a old thread but I'm really knocking my head against the wall here trying to get my Galaxy s5 to detect my Phantom 4 Advanced.

To get the usual questions out of the way the drone detects perfectly on my iphone and ipad. I'm hoping to use my s5 in order to be able to use some android photogrammetry software but the first step is to get the DJI Go app to detect it.

The S5 will not work. If you need additional information please post on the Phantom Pilots Forum, or the Phantom Help Forum. I do not use this forum any longer. I only knew this from an email.
Phantom Pilots Here:   PHANTOM PILOTS

Phantom Help Here:    Phantom Help
2019-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules