old DJI Pilot app and 1.1.9 firmware with Litchi
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cgl817
lvl.3

United States

I have the DJI Phantom 3 Professional and using ipad mini.

I want to keep my configuration of the older DJI Pilot app rather than updating to the GO app.

I also am using an older version of the DJI firmware 1.1.9.

I loaded Litchi and was able to make waypoints and save a mission but when I put it in F mode I got a pop up saying that it cannot fly the mission in this mode and something about the Phantom 4.

I was able to fly it around in both P and F modes, it just wouldn’t start the mission.

I want to keep the current app and firmware because it has been working perfectly for over a year of heavy use.

Any ideas why it will not start the mission?

TIA
2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need the DJI GO app, and I wouldn't use two apps at the same time. There have already been crashes due to two apps being open at the same time and it's a user error and the repair costs are the users responsibility.
2016-6-7
Use props
cgl817
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-7 16:35
You need the DJI GO app, and I wouldn't use two apps at the same time. There have already been crash ...

Thanks, figured it was probably something like that.
Are the no fly restrictions attached to the GO app or in the firmware? So say I update to the GO app but keep the old firmware, and fly with the Litchi app?
2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

cgl817@gmail.co Posted at 2016-6-8 06:26
Are the no fly restrictions attached to the G ...

Yes, there are NFZ's but with the GEO app it pretty much lets you fly in most all the airport NFZ's.
A new version should be released soon.
2016-6-7
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

cgl817@gmail.co Posted at 2016-6-7 17:26
Are the no fly restrictions attached to the G ...

Cgl,

Here's what I would do if I were you. I'm using Android devices, if you're using iOS this won't apply. Update your bird to 1.4 (this is the first firmware that allows the use of advanced flight modes). Install DJI Go v2.4.3 or lower (this will allow you to make advanced setting changes to your bird). Install and fly with Litchi v2.7.1 (this is the last version that VCTech published with DJI SDK 2). This is the configuration that I've been flying with for many, many months. To date I have had no issues and I intend to leave my bird in this state.

Jerry
2016-6-8
Use props
cgl817
lvl.3

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-6-8 08:20
Cgl,

Here's what I would do if I were you. I'm using Android devices, if you're using iOS this wo ...

Thanks for the info, I'm running iPads, but may be worth switching, especially if the Geo app fails.  I agree with others on here that DJI should maybe give a pop up warning at most, but stay out of the policing business.
2016-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules