Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3S Signal Issue FIX
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
edu0939
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The Steps :

1. Download the firmware at http://phantomhelp.com/Mobile/Phantom-3-Standard/#FirmwareArchive and select the fw that you want .bin file format

2. Insert the file to sd card, outside folder, and must be the only one .bin file format

3. Turn on the RC and the drone without sd card until it connect (RC and Drone)

4. Connect to DJI GO App (to see downgrade status stay at front page of the app)

5. Insert the sd card. Then the downgrade process is starting and rear led will turn to yellow and there will be beep sound from the drone (it is normal). See at DJI GO app, there will be status bar show the downgrade process. If the rear led becomes green it means the process is complete, you also can see the succes notice at DJI GO App.

6. Restart the RC and Drone, connect DJI GO App, check the FW. Finish.

I hope it can help the issue of 1.6.80 firmware for Phantom 3 Standard

NOTE : DO IT WITH YOUR OWN RISK!

Credits go to reinzneal. I just reposted to get it noticed.
Just saw the guide was posted before. Click here for the original thread.

2016-6-8
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
Captain
Flight distance : 244856 ft
Italy

i followed days ago this guide and it doesn't work for me.
I mean that i downgraded my p3s but rc signal issue still remain.
2016-6-8
Use props
edu0939
lvl.1

United Kingdom

jacopo.marcoval Posted at 2016-6-8 11:39
i followed days ago this guide and it doesn't work for me.
I mean that i downgraded my p3s but rc si ...

Maybe the version you downgraded to has issues as well. This worked fine for me and couple of other users as well.
2016-6-8
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
Captain
Italy

edu0939@gmail.c Posted at 2016-6-8 12:49
Maybe the version you downgraded to has issues as well. This worked fine for me and couple of othe ...

i downgraded to 1.5.7.
You are right, for some users it works but not for me
2016-6-8
Use props
homerdom
New

Ukraine

Hi all, After installing the firmware 1,6,8 bird began to fly up to 50 meters and then lost the video signal. I actually helped with the installation of this version of the firmware 1,5,7: P3S Signal Issue FIX http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D369%26typeid%3D369 but first I put the version dji-go-2-7-2-apkplz.com.apk, I do not remember where , but just at this forum there is a link . After installing the firmware 1,6,8 bird began to fly up to 50 meters and then lost the video signal , now all works well , 120 meters stable video transmitted. Thank you very much to the author !
2016-6-9
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
Captain
Italy

Hi all,
i have received my p3s back and this afternoon i have tested it.
I was in a park with a lot of peple so i didn't push my drone to the limit.
I was in the same place where i have lost rc signal after 40-50 meters.
Well today a reched 100 meters of distance and 79.5 of altitude and My rc signal was full, all the time.
I know it's not a full test but it's a good signal for me.
This week end i will full test my p3s  

Anyway if you have rc signal issue SEND YOUR P3S BACK TO DJI REPAIR SERVICE

P.S. dj go ask me to register my p3s so it's a new one

P.P.S. p3s firmware version is 1.6.8
2016-6-17
Use props
gerardorejeg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120141 ft
United States

jacopo.marcoval Posted at 2016-6-17 13:49
Hi all,
I was in a park with a lot ...

WELL... if sending the drone for repair and now its all good... i guess the latest update fried something in most users drones which would explain DJI SILENCE OF DEATH.. anyone else has sent their drone for repair?   .. BUT THEN,,, you say that you got a brand new phantom ?
2016-6-17
Use props
wmichaels1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

gerardorejeg Posted at 2016-6-17 13:05
WELL... if sending the drone for repair and now its all good... i guess the latest update fried som ...

Most users?  Really?
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

gerardorejeg Posted at 2016-6-18 02:05
WELL... if sending the drone for repair and now its all good... i guess the latest update fried som ...

There is no DJI silence, if you have a P3, P4, or Inspire and are experiencing any kind of abnormal issue that cannot be resolved with the troubleshooting steps and you are in a interference free area and have the antenna orientation correctly and you still have extremely bad results then contact support and have it sent in.
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

No, not really. Out of the tens of thousands of users a few of them are experiencing an issue.
2016-6-17
Use props
edu0939
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-17 19:38
No, not really. Out of the tens of thousands of users a few of them are experiencing an issue.

I ordered one P3S from Amazon. Had troubles with range, sent for replacement. The replacement has problems with range after update from initial version. That's my statistic.
2016-7-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

edu0939@gmail.c Posted at 2016-7-10 01:10
I ordered one P3S from Amazon. Had troubles with range, sent for replacement. The replacement has  ...

You had bad range in a large field as well?
The P3 Standard is WiFi and if you are in a congested area with lots or 2.4 WiFi routers around you are not going to get great range.
2016-7-10
Use props
GreenBhoy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107116 ft
United Kingdom

Hi DJI-Ken

I'm a new user of a P3S for the last 3 weeks. I have noticed poor range on RC signal with RTH due to signal loss at 30-50m height and 50-100m distance. The better results are obviously in open fields. I have fully sync'd my logs and I'm looking at a return as I definitely feel I'm one of the unlucky ones - can you advise how to proceed please? I'm in the UK.

I initially did an upgrade to 1.6.8 straight out of the box, so unsure as to what the results would have been had I not upgraded. Would prefer not to sell/return a 3 week old phantom - would rather get it working to at last the specs that others in similar positions are suggesting I should be achieving....

Many thanks GreenBhoy
PS sorry to hijack - will also raise a new thread
2016-7-11
Use props
Weyland_Yutani
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32323 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-17 18:38

A few? there are dozens and dozens of people on this forum reporting the same issue and they're just the tip of the iceberg, loads of people wont come here to talk about it they will simply return the drone or try to persevere, or they will contact DJi directly.

I think it's disingenuous of DJi to try and play this off as if it's only effecting a few people, most companies would have pulled the problematic firmware and rolled the changes back but DJi refuses to even acknowledge the problem. I get the whole legal side of things but you're trampling all over your customers for the sake of maintaining image.

Why not admit there is an issue then start looking at how you can fix it? The old adage that you have to be willing to admit there is a problem before you can fix it is strong here, the head in the sand act really isn't going to cut it.
2016-11-6
Use props
acidburn
lvl.1
Philippines

my case like this happened last weekend after fw upgrade. hope DJI support can help me. :-(
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;extra=#pid605708
2016-12-13
Use props
Bay Cruiser
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2039288 ft
Australia

Just posted this on another thread on the same subject ........thread title  - downgrade P3S coz LOST SIGNAL at LOW DISTANCE

I have exactly the same problem at only 140 metres away at a height of 60 metres in Australia. It's a real pain and puts you off flying. I won't go for another DJI if they don't fix this soon and I mean soon. You always get asked the same questions where were you flying, have you moved location, have you relinked and done all calibrations. Yes we have we have been flying a long time. When you tell DJI this they never comment back except to say send it in for repair. It's not broken it worked before 1.6.8 and 1,7.9 so it's your firmware DJI.
2016-12-14
Use props
harry0112
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167651 ft

Peru

jacopo.marcoval Posted at 2016-6-17 12:49
Hi all,
I was in a park with a lot of peple so i didn't push my drone to the limit.

can u tell me what did they fix on your drone?. maybe we can do it too because we cant send it to USA for technical service. tell me if they changed you board. coz to change it . that is like change your drone. and  u know that is more money. please reply. what did they do?
2016-12-14
Use props
harry0112
lvl.1

Peru

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-17 13:38
There is no DJI silence, if you have a P3, P4, or Inspire and are experiencing any kind of abnormal issue that cannot be resolved with the troubleshooting steps and you are in a interference free area and have the antenna orientation correctly and you still have extremely bad results then contact support and have it sent in.

you know what is happening with P3S. i say many people sent it to technical service and they fix it. some one of us cant coz war not from USA. so if they got fix them. so tell us what did they do???. maybe we can do it in our own home..
but i saw someone who sent it . DJI changed board of drone. that is like change your drone. and if your dont have warranty u must to pay a new drone
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

harry0112 Posted at 2016-12-15 00:30
you know what is happening with P3S. i say many people sent it to technical service and they fix it. some one of us cant coz war not from USA. so if they got fix them. so tell us what did they do???. maybe we can do it in our own home..
but i saw someone who sent it . DJI changed board of drone. that is like change your drone. and if your dont have warranty u must to pay a new drone

If you were experiencing any range issue or interference, the last firmware update addressed this.
What issue are you having if not a range or interference problem.
2016-12-14
Use props
Bay Cruiser
Second Officer
Australia

No DJI-ken the last software did not cure interference or range issue look over the net it made it worse just like 1.6.8 did on the previous one.
2016-12-14
Use props
harry0112
lvl.1

Peru

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-14 11:42
If you were experiencing any range issue or interference, the last firmware update addressed this.
What issue are you having if not a range or interference problem.

i have update. to 1.7.9 but still mi drone is llike this. so i am just waiting next firmware. if it doesnt fix it so i dont want. i dont want expend more. and i dont want to buy another drone i was ok with me P3S
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

harry0112 Posted at 2016-12-14 13:18
i have update. to 1.7.9 but still mi drone is llike this. so i am just waiting next firmware. if it doesnt fix it so i dont want. i dont want expend more. and i dont want to buy another drone i was ok with me P3S

If you still have short range in an open interference area then you need to contact support and sent the aircraft in for evaluation.
2016-12-14
Use props
Bay Cruiser
Second Officer
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-15 09:20
If you still have short range in an open interference area then you need to contact support and sent the aircraft in for evaluation.

Impossible when I live in Australia and I am not paying DJI anymore for sending it back and being without it for 2 months and then getting a bill from you. I only fly a maximum of 200 meters distance at a max height of 80 meters and this bird wont even do that since your last software update !!!! It not the phantom its your software, read all the thousands of posts on the net saying this only happened with 1.6.8 and now 1.7.9. You guys need to admit you have a problem and stop forgetting you first loyal customers, please don't turn into an "Apple" who do the same. All you have to do is rewrite the software and get it right. It worked before all these updates so how can it be the phantom, just go back to the old software - oh no I can't do that because DJI's last upgrade stopped us all being able to wind back from 1.7.9. If we can wind back to one that works please tell us how.
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2016-12-14 15:32
Impossible when I live in Australia and I am not paying DJI anymore for sending it back and being without it for 2 months and then getting a bill from you. I only fly a maximum of 200 meters distance at a max height of 80 meters and this bird wont even do that since your last software update !!!! It not the phantom its your software, read all the thousands of posts on the net saying this only happened with 1.6.8 and now 1.7.9. You guys need to admit you have a problem and stop forgetting you first loyal customers, please don't turn into an "Apple" who do the same. All you have to do is rewrite the software and get it right. It worked before all these updates so how can it be the phantom, just go back to the old software - oh no I can't do that because DJI's last upgrade stopped us all being able to wind back from 1.7.9. If we can wind back to one that works please tell us how.

1.7.9 resolved the short range, if it has not with your Standard then you need to send it in for repair.
2016-12-14
Use props
Bay Cruiser
Second Officer
Australia

No 1.7.9 has not solved the problem, remember DJI continually said 1.6.8 didn't have a short range issue and now you have just said 1.7.9 solved this so obviously 1.6.8 was a problem. Please read the thousands of post all over the net saying 1.7,9 has this problem as well. So are you saying DJI has made thousands of drones that are faulty with a short range problem. Please listen to us and tell your software engineers there is a problem out here and please fix it soon.
2016-12-14
Use props
Steve-76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

i never had a range problem till 178 also the issue now is dji go disconnects and red light on rc i never had that befor the worse  i had was rth at 3200ft. at the same lake. and aftwr fw at 832 ft the rc went rwd
2016-12-14
Use props
Bay Cruiser
Second Officer
Australia

Steve-76 Posted at 2016-12-15 12:47
i never had a range problem till 178 also the issue now is dji go disconnects and red light on rc i never had that befor the worse  i had was rth at 3200ft. at the same lake. and aftwr fw at 832 ft the rc went rwd

See DJI-Ken, here is another one and there are thousands like this over this site and others on the net.
2016-12-14
Use props
WIMO
lvl.3
Netherlands

you also can use argtek,
or an parabolic works.
my range was 100 m and it was disconnected.
I've made an DIY parabolic( see folder)
now I have 350 meter With strong signal ( i have not tested it with more distance )
you need alluminium, glue and cardboard     
2017-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules