12Next >
4059 60 2016-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mmvideostudio.m
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Hi, DJI!
Many people complain from last firmware P3S, P3A, and P3P!
We paid a lot of money for these drones!
And ultimately get worse with each subsequent update!
Please tell us if you do these things on purpose!
I'm disappointed many of you and will not order nothing and will not recommend to anyone!!!
Please who has these problems to support me!

Thank you!!!

2016-6-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What firmware and what problems are you referring to ? Your post contains no information at all apart from you might own a P3.
2016-6-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your frustration, mmvideostudio.m. What kind of issue do you meet? Which P3 do you use now?
2016-6-8
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Why would DJI give you faulty firmware on purpose?

2016-6-8
Use props
mmvideostudio.m
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Phantom 3 Professional
Firmware v1.8.80
Android Version v2.8.1
2016-6-8
Use props
mmvideostudio.m
lvl.1

Bulgaria

huntcool001@gma Posted at 2016-6-8 11:55
Why would DJI give you faulty firmware on purpose?

Ask them!
I don't know!
2016-6-8
Use props
zakionline
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9186 ft
Saudi Arabia

I agree with u 100% my phantom 3 pro was working great before update 1.8.80 now no signal and update fail all what they say show as the log fail never see them again
2016-6-9
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

If it works as is, don't update.

I use a 2 week delay before I make any updates.  This is true with DJI, or any other updates, like IOS, WIN server, ....
Do you know how many times MSFT had to recall updates which made client servers, WS's either crash, cause applications to stop working,....

I think the 'bean counters" tend to win in the tech industry now days.  

In other words, the engineers sometimes are out voted by the scheduling people.

I may be digressing, but it will show my point:
Meeting at a major tech co
We have to deliver the next windows revision by that date; we don't care if it's no 100% ready!  The end users will tell us what's wrong!

I think this mentality will eventually cause the consumer to lose confidence; look at the recent fiasco with WIN 10; it's forced free on people who do not want to update to WIN 10. The reason is that their bonus depends upon getting 1 billion users by July!

Maybe the issue here is that the regression testing after each update is not consistent, thorough, planned out, well documented, and thus it lacks checks and balances?

2016-6-9
Use props
amrunner4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87188 ft
United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-6-9 09:41
If it works as is, don't update.

I use a 2 week delay before I make any updates.  This is true with ...

Add me to the consumers essentially grounded by the update.  I am posting my story on every related post I see.  There clearly is/was a problem with this software or the update process when you read how many pilots across the P3 platforms have similar complaints

I'm sure DJI and all there surrogates on this forum have to play it politically correct before admitting (if ever) that they damaged so many of their product.

I too am disappointed in DJI.

I believe it is totally shameful not to openly address the possibility if not likelihood of a problem.  They are clearly taking a good deal of time and likely considering their reputation and assets.
2016-6-9
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

U know, I did suspect range issues, but then I confirmed that I easily went 7000ft in an open area. I do lose video connection sometimes, and that is a bit annoying, I have to reconnect USB, sometimes actually also restart the app. Since I got Shield tablet, things got better, but I still got a few disconnects during flight...  So yes, something is definitely going on with the firmware, but I am surprised about "being grounded". There were a LOT of discussions around "disconnected" or "no signal", and most people figured it out, one way or another, so things are workable.
It certainly is not cool to lose FPV feed  while flying, but then again dji is not a "racing quad" so technically, if something like this happens, you should be able to either fly it in line of sight mode, or let it hover in GPS mode, restart the app, or whatever it takes, and continue....
I certainly do look forward to the next release of firmware, hoping it will resolve some issues, which I assume have to do with perhaps adding more security into the connection, which may have made the radio and the quad work a bit harder sending and receiving data, as well as perhaps the data link is a bit more susceptible to interference?
My only assumption is that with the loads of complaints DJI got here and on tech calls, they do realize something is amiss, and they are working hard on locating bugs and fixing them for the new version.. Now they fact they never admitted to anything on the firmware, doe snot mean they do not admit internally. They certainly admitted to issues with IOS app, and just released a new version of the app not long ago....

So as much as I sympathize, and yes, I'd be happy to have no issues, i have learned over last 2.5 month of being a DJI owner, that  there will be issues, and we can either learn to deal with it, or we can complain and not fly... I guess even for this price, we just cannot expect a flawless device, or so I gather from everything i've seen since I joined the DJI crowd.. Even with issues, this is a good piece of technology, and considering what it does, it does it rather well overall.....

Well, seems like I sorta defended DJI.. I do hope they appreciate it, and knowing that users DO support them, will be an incentive for them to want to get back at us, byt doing as much as they can for us in turn - by taking us seriously and being a responsible technology maker! (see what I did there? )
2016-6-9
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2016-6-9 11:54
U know, I did suspect range issues, but then I confirmed that I easily went 7000ft in an open area.  ...

I always wonder if it is a firmware/app interaction issue as well.   Updated firmware alone may not be the entire story...maybe the firmware update and it's interaction with the GO App are causing issues.
2016-6-9
Use props
hihi_shrek
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Did DJI release a new firmware update after all the drama and "limited rage" saga? Anyone here tried that new firmware and any result on that?

2016-6-9
Use props
Blowin' free
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1932687 ft
Italy

I also noticed decrease range and weak signal issues after last updates (firmware, rc , go app), I think it depends on enforcement security protocols and maybe on reduction capabilities due to respect laws. Hope Dji fix these problems soon
2016-6-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry you are disappointed, please contact support and send your aircraft in to be looked at.
Can you please list the specific issues you are seeing in your P3P aircraft
Also, please post some screenshots and a quick video clip.And what is your ticket#? You've already contacted DJI support correct?
2016-6-9
Use props
ZeeKeezer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13970 ft
United States

I had a small issue with my first update (out of box) I am a bit scared to do the next update that I see available however DJI and the community is pretty top notch in terms of helping out
2016-6-9
Use props
mmvideostudio.m
lvl.1

Bulgaria

ZeeKeezer Posted at 2016-6-9 22:44
I had a small issue with my first update (out of box) I am a bit scared to do the next update that I ...

We use drone to capture different orders from customers!
This drone we bought it, according to these specifications
Max Transmission Distance - Up to 5 km or 3.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when FCC compliant
Up to 3.5 km or 2.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when CE compliant
Yesterday I could not operate flights to 500 meters distance and
300 m altitude - unobstructed.
Client dropped!
The reason is not in the drone since before the last update worked fine!
You say to be returned to service.
In any loss of signal, I can not do this because most nearest service or rather the dealer from which I've bought is 100 kilometers away.
This is associated with loss of time and money!
I had a problem with the remote and frustrating button - home return.
It cost me a waste of time and money.
The problem was repaired.
I was sent a new remote-old had a problem with this button!
Dear DJI, then stop them and not sell them!!!
If the most - not soon resolve this issue I would want me restore the entire amount given by me.
If you need even if you sue in international court.
Sell something and update it with new update released by none other than you and who does not comply with specifications of the device.
I lose money on this thing and my patience is exhausted !!!
Well !!!
I'll wait!!!
Thank you!!!
2016-6-10
Use props
mmvideostudio.m
lvl.1

Bulgaria

This drone we bought it, according to these specifications
Max Transmission Distance - Up to 5 km or 3.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when FCC compliant
Up to 3.5 km or 2.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when CE compliant
Yesterday I could not operate flights to 500 meters distance and
300 m altitude - unobstructed.
Client dropped!
The reason is not in the drone since before the last update worked fine!
You say to be returned to service.
In any loss of signal, I can not do this because most nearest service or rather the dealer from which I've bought is 100 kilometers away.
This is associated with loss of time and money!
I had a problem with the remote and frustrating button - home return.
It cost me a waste of time and money.
The problem was repaired.
I was sent a new remote-old had a problem with this button!
Dear DJI, then stop them and not sell them!!!
If the most - not soon resolve this issue I would want me restore the entire amount given by me.
If you need even if you sue in international court.
Sell something and update it with new update released by none other than you and who does not comply with specifications of the device.
I lose money on this thing and my patience is exhausted !!!
Well !!!
I'll wait!!!
Thank you!!!
2016-6-10
Use props
ZeeKeezer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13970 ft
United States

Did you have beginners mode turned on ?
2016-6-10
Use props
mmvideostudio.m
lvl.1

Bulgaria

ZeeKeezer Posted at 2016-6-10 15:42
Did you have beginners mode turned on ?

No!
Beginners mode is turneed off!
2016-6-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

mmvideostudio.m Posted at 2016-6-10 18:15
This drone we bought it, according to thes ...

I'm sorry you are only getting 500m distance and 300m altitude. What exactly happened at that height and distance. Did the aircraft stop and give you a warning or did you lose video and it went into RTH?
Can you please power everything up and take a screenshot of the Main Controller Settings page.
I believe it is just a setting in your app.
Sometimes after a firmware update the settings return to default, you need to go through the menus and check the settings.
And what was the exact problem you had with the RTH button?

No one else is experiencing what you are so telling DJI to stop selling the aircraft is an unreasonable request. Again, please power everything up and post a screenshot of what I asked for and I believe I can get your aircraft flying much further than 500m distance
2016-6-10
Use props
RockyMountain O
New

Canada

What really needs to happen is a download site whereby there are several versions available... Version C that is in beta, version B released two weeks ago that is OK, but might have a single issue, and version A that has proven stable for over a month but doesn't have the feature set C is still debugging.

Or some variation.  As it is currently hard to update to a previous firmware version, this should be standard operating procedure.  This methodology works for tens of thousands of other companies.
2016-6-10
Use props
mmvideostudio.m
lvl.1

Bulgaria

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-10 18:26
I'm sorry you are only getting 500m distance and 300m altitude. What exactly happened at that heig ...

Lose video transmission and no signal AC - RC, RTH is activated!
I tried the settings, but that is not reason.
Everything is set correctly.
Button break in the second flight.
I told you to stop defective remote controllers, not drones,
you do not understand me!
I know about the settings, and the position of the antenna.
And all the things that explain each as time.
But the reason is firmware!!!
2016-6-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

mmvideostudio.m Posted at 2016-6-10 23:51
I tried the settings, but that is ...

If you are losing video transmission at 500m and you are in an interference free area and you have followed all the suggestions then you need to contact support and your aircraft repaired.
Also, if the home button is physically broken, then you need to also send the RC in and they will repair it.
2016-6-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

mmvideostudio.m Posted at 2016-6-10 23:51
I tried the settings, but that is ...

You can go down a little in firmware, 2 levels on the P4
DJI Assistant Screenshot.JPG
2016-6-10
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-10 17:29

WOW !!!!

When can we have that in the app for P3's please?
2016-6-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Old Geezer Posted at 2016-6-11 09:23
WOW !!!!

When can we have that in the app for P3's please?

Sorry, it's only for the P4. BUT do some internet searching, you may find some good info ;)
2016-6-10
Use props
Waxwings
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-11 00:29

I want to be able to downgrade on my P3A two levels as well...Why cant we???
2016-6-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Waxwings Posted at 2016-6-12 11:26
I want to be able to downgrade on my P3A two levels as well...Why cant we???

The P3A firmware lets you go down one level.
Can you explain in detail what exactly is not working correctly on 1.8?
If you are having issues that cannot be resolved by all the troubleshooting steps, then you can send your aircraft in for repair.
2016-6-11
Use props
daverower
lvl.3
Flight distance : 33570 ft
Australia

Yet you refuse to allow the standard to downgrade at all.
2016-6-12
Use props
Waxwings
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-12 12:23
The P3A firmware lets you go down one level.
Can you explain in detail what exactly is not working ...

Ken when I bought the quad I was at 1.4 there were no issues. Video was rock solid, quad was stable, distance was great. Then I made the mistake to update everything when the new firmware came out. Now I get 1700 feet out and lose signal, periodically goes into atti mode even though I have sufficient satellites. Not as stable when hovering as before. All I want is the ability to go back to a firmware I already had..thats all!! I don't understand why DJI wont just give us the ability to use whatever firmware we feel is good for us??
2016-6-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Waxwings Posted at 2016-6-12 20:22
Ken when I bought the quad I was at 1.4 there were no issues. Video was rock solid, quad was stabl ...

If you are in an interference free area and you have the antennas pointed correctly and you are getting 1,700ft max then you need to send your aircraft in to be looked at. Also since you are frequently going into ATTI mode and you have full GPS is another reason to send it in.I am sorry you are experiencing this.
2016-6-12
Use props
mmvideostudio.m
lvl.1

Bulgaria

It turns out that everyone has a problem with the distance of the flight and lose signal.
From our company we bought this drone to try just that would work this business.
Photos and video from the air.
Now our business is growing and we decided to buy a few of the more expensive models, but I have no confidence in DJI !!!
We were very glad to fly with your drone!
We will look for another brand and alternative!
It is!
Thank you!!!
2016-6-12
Use props
Waxwings
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-13 08:39
If you are in an interference free area and you have the antennas pointed correctly and you are get ...

Ken...I am torn here...I don't want to lose my quad for the entire summer by sending it in...it has never been crashed or abused. The only thing I ever did was update it...nothing more....and I am not trying to be argumentative here, but I don't understand why I cannot just go down a couple of firmwares back to the one that caused no issues? Are you telling me that the quad must be sent back to DJI because the firmware is corrupted and cannot be fixed by me? because if you say that then I can understand why I must send it in..but other than that..this makes no sense to me.
2016-6-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Waxwings Posted at 2016-6-13 22:16
Ken...I am torn here...I don't want to lose my quad for the entire summer by sending it in...it ha ...

Updating firmware has nothing do do with reduced range or losing GPS signal.
If this is what you are experiencing now and you are in an interference free area then yes, you need to send it in.
The turn around time for US repair is less than 2 weeks. for the NL and Germany repair center I think it's just a tad longer.
I am sorry about that.
2016-6-13
Use props
soumyajyoti nat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 179669 ft
India

Yes dji ken you know very well about p3s range prob. Dji release new firmware for improvement our drone and also fix if any prob in previous firmware.is int it ?? So what about this case?
2016-6-13
Use props
soumyajyoti nat
lvl.1
India

Plz fix p3s  range prob. To releases a new firmware.plz we are waiting
2016-6-13
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
Second Officer
Flight distance : 244856 ft
Italy

Guys, send your drone back to dji repair service.
i did it and next week i will receive a replacement from my p3s.
I will tell you if they reset my old p3s or if is a new one. I will tell you also if they fix this range issue.
2016-6-14
Use props
soumyajyoti nat
lvl.1
India

jacopo.marcoval Posted at 2016-6-14 13:32
Guys, send your drone back to dji repair service.
i did it and next week i will receive a replaceme ...

Ohh this is very good news . I will also send my p3s for repairing. I hope dji will solve my prob .thanks
2016-6-14
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
Second Officer
Flight distance : 244856 ft
Italy

Hi all,
i have received my p3s back and this afternoon i have tested it.
I was in a park with a lot of peple so i didn't push my drone to the limit.
I was in the same place where i have lost rc signal after 40-50 meters.
Well today a reched 100 meters of distance and 79.5 of altitude and My rc signal was full, all the time.
I know it's not a full test but it's a good signal for me.
This week end i will full test my p3s  

P.S. dj go ask me to register my p3s so it's a new one

P.P.S. p3s firmware version is 1.6.8
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jacopo.marcoval Posted at 2016-6-18 01:48
Hi all,
i have received my p3s back and this afternoon i have tested it.
I was in a park with a lot  ...

As I replied to your post in the other thread, I'm glad it's all working for you and your back up in the air.
2016-6-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules