Phantom 3 Advanced battery not working
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zenbuddhist
lvl.1

I've purchased a P3 Advanced recently and have been unable to get the  quadcopter to start. I posted earlier and was told to charge the battery  for a longer period. I have done so and it still will not work. I  follow the procedure for starting the bird, tapping start once and then  holding in for 2 seconds. It will light all 5 bars and then go down to  one bar and shut off. For a bird that cost me almost $800, I expected a  little more from it than this. The controller turns on okay. I am  turning the controller on with the app turned off and then I am trying  to start the bird. No joy. I am getting a bit frustrated with this, and  could sure use some help! I am wondering if I might have a bad battery?

Any help much appreciated.

Charlie~
2016-6-8
Use props
delignejose
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1093248 ft
United States

Do the led on the aircraft come on
2016-6-8
Use props
zenbuddhist
lvl.1

Yes, all LED's come on, then drop to one, then shuts down.I charged the battery overnight as advised by another forum member, but it did not help.
2016-6-9
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

If you charged the battery overnight, use a volt meter to check the battery's voltage at the two large terminals.

You probably do have a bad battery.

Contact DJI for warranty assistance.
2016-6-9
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

It's not inconceivable to have a defective battery from the manufacturer.

Do you have time after start up to bring up the battery screen in the DJI Go app to take a screenshot of the cell voltages?

2016-6-9
Use props
ryanbattey
lvl.2

New batteries need to be updated with firmware  that is currently on your Drone
2016-6-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Charlie, is it able to check the battery status via DJI GO app? Does other battery work well on your drone?
2016-6-9
Use props
zenbuddhist
lvl.1

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-10 12:02
Hello Charlie, is it able to check the battery status via DJI GO app? Does other battery work well o ...

I am using Litchi, as I have an Android tablet. I only have one battery, which came with the bird. Also, the red light on the start button stays on when the LED's light and then go to zero.
2016-6-12
Use props
zenbuddhist
lvl.1

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-10 12:02
Hello Charlie, is it able to check the battery status via DJI GO app? Does other battery work well o ...

My bird came with just one battery. Also, I am running Litchi as I have an Android tablet.
2016-6-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

zenbuddhist@sbc Posted at 2016-6-12 21:48
My bird came with just one battery. Also, I am running Litchi as I have an Android tablet.

Thanks for your reply. The battery looks not normal and I suggest you to send a video of this issue to support@dji.com and send the battery to our service center for diagnosis.
2016-6-12
Use props
zenbuddhist
lvl.1

ryanbattey Posted at 2016-6-10 05:54
New batteries need to be updated with firmware  that is currently on your Drone

Could you possibly explain in more depth, kind sir? I'm kinda new with this!  
2016-6-14
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

zenbuddhist@sbc Posted at 2016-6-12 23:47
I am using Litchi, as I have an Android tablet. I only have one battery, which came with the bird. ...

There is a DJI Go app for Android too: https://play.google.com/store/ap ... ji.pilot&hl=en.
2016-6-14
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

zenbuddhist@sbc Posted at 2016-6-14 23:52
Could you possibly explain in more depth, kind sir? I'm kinda new with this!

When you do a firmware update to the aircraft, the battery may also need to be updated.  If the firmware is intended to update the battery as well (not all firmwares are) it needs to be in the aircraft  and turned on.  It will upgrade the battery while it is doing the main upgrade to the aircraft.  If you have multiple batteries you need to repeat the process with each of them.  As you only have one battery at the moment, it's not really an issue as the aircraft would have been powered on with it at the last upgrade.  I think ryanbattey was referring to a possible mismatch of firmwares in the aircraft and in the battery, which could occur if the battery was sourced after the aircraft was last updated or came from a different aircraft etc.
2016-6-14
Use props
zenbuddhist
lvl.1

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-13 11:16
Thanks for your reply. The battery looks not normal and I suggest you to send a video of this issu ...

I charged the battery for 12 hours. I then checked the output voltage across the 2 large brass terminals with my voltmeter, using the 20VDC scale. It measured a voltage of 0.025VDC. Checking the battery by holding down the start button revealed 5 green bars. Attempting startup gave me the same scenario of all 5 bars lighting, and then dropping down to one bar and then going off completely.  I would kind of like to get this bird in the air before summer is gone!  
2016-6-22
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

zenbuddhist@sbc Posted at 2016-6-22 21:12
I charged the battery for 12 hours. I then checked the output voltage across the 2 large brass ter ...

This battery seems not good and I think there is something wrong with its control circuit. Feel free to get in touch with our tech support via http://www.dji.com/support/product and send it to our service center for diagnosis.
2016-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules