Flight distance : 1093248 ft
United States

Is there any way set a desired forward speed some type of cruise control
2016-6-8
Use props
Airspace Explor
lvl.3
United States

The speed can be set in the IOC Waypoints function.

See this tutorial:
2016-6-8
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Airspace Explor Posted at 2016-6-9 14:59
The speed can be set in the IOC Waypoints function.

See this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watc ...

I believe the OP might be talking about the ability to set a cruise speed in manual flight mode (not waypoint flying). I too would find that a useful facility provided that it was very simple to exit "cruise" mode in an emergency  (maybe simply touching  the left stick could exit cruise mode). A cruise capability would free the user from having to watch/control the speed, enabling them to focus more on lateral movement and camera control. Maybe DJI-Ken or another rep could pass this on as a  feature request.
2016-6-9
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

This will be an awesome feature!
2016-6-9
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

vandruten Posted at 2016-6-9 21:48
This will be an awesome feature!

The one and only issue I can think of is that, currently, a safety feature of the drone is that letting go of all controls causes it to hover in place.   With cruise on, I can see a situation where the pilot puts the remote down to  take a phone call and forgets that he is on cruise. A way around this might be to auto disengage the cruise mode if there are no other RC controls pressed within, say, 10 seconds.
2016-6-9
Use props
delignejose
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1093248 ft

That does sound pretty good
2016-6-9
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

JockC Posted at 2016-6-9 18:56
The one and only issue I can think of is that, currently, a safety feature of the drone is that le ...

True. I hope more newbies like myself will keep on learning about the user manuals, codes of conduct, rules & regulations, and be a responsible and reasonable pilot. We don't have to be pros, we just have to be wise. And I'm reminding myself of this.

All the great present and future features of a bird will only be as good as the one behind the RC. And I keep telling this to myself
2016-6-9
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

I found my own previous post to be kind of boring.

But hey, cruise control voted!!
2016-6-9
Use props
djiuser_BhbcCGcxAfSO
New

Mali

Here are my two cents, but for the Mavic:

- Open Intelligent Flights mode
- Select TapFly
- Select Free mode
- Select Speed
- Select a point slightly above the horizon and hit Go

Now the drone will fly in that direction, at a fixed speed, while you’re still able to control its orientation.
2019-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules