Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Android Tablet choice - screen size & models/brands
1618 15 2016-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
husstodd
lvl.1

United States

I am currently running the P4 with my 1st Gen iPad mini -- DJI calls it incompatible, i call it semi compatible.  Time for a new tablet.  I want to got cheap.  2 questions:

1) 7 or 10" screen?  7 seems sufficient, but anyone using a 10"?  10 too big?

2) Anyone have experience with the
       a) NeuTab 7", Android 5.1 Lollipop, Quad Core, 1GB Ram, bluetooth, has micro SD slot.  $49.99 at Amazon.
       b) NeuTab 10", Android 5.1 Lollipop, Octa Core, 1 GB Ram, 16 Gb mem, bluetood, mircro SD slot.  $84.99 @ Amazon.

Seems wayyyy cheap but good ratings, if you believe amazon.

All i need it for is the P4 and other very basic uses.

2016-6-9
Use props
tomkes
lvl.1

Switzerland

That is a good question. i also want to have an alternative to my ipad air 2 which I can only use for my flighing activities.

Does anybody know if this one has enough power working together with the go app and and the RC.
click
2016-6-9
Use props
vandruten
lvl.4

Indonesia

Hello Husstodd,

Either 7" or 10" are great! More spacious than having a smartphone to stare during an important mission or a fun footage. And a 10 won't be too big as long as you've got the metal mount on your RC.

I've heard that the 7.9" Asus ZenPad & Xiaomi mi Pad are good with 2 gigs of ram with budget price. Yup it is always better with more rams, useful under heavy use circumstances.

Getting the wifi only ipad 2 will be a great investment, too. They're bulletproof. No worries about GPS absence here as you could always load a map over wifi before each flight.

Check out the following articles, they might help you decide.
http://www.androidauthority.com/cheap-android-tablets-268082/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/test- ... ts-2016-uk-3412038/
http://www.techradar.com/news/mo ... dget-options-967277

Best wishes and hope you'll get back flying again soon!

Hans
2016-6-9
Use props
Las5muertas
lvl.1

China

I don't think it has enough power as it's a dual core processor. The dji go app uses a lot of processing power.
2016-6-9
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Many do really like Nvidia Shield K1, I just got one from Amazon for $200.. seems to work well... 8"
2016-6-9
Use props
vandruten
lvl.4

Indonesia

I'd love to get a Shield K1. It's not out here, yet. Silly.
2016-6-9
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208383 ft

i have 2 of the Shield K1 tablets work great also has screen recorder
2016-6-9
Use props
husstodd
lvl.1

United States

Las5muertas Posted at 2016-6-9 10:12
I don't think it has enough power as it's a dual core processor. The dji go app uses a lot of proces ...

His looked like Quad Core.  Sounds like i know what i'm doing here, and in reality, i don't even know what quad core is....i suspect it means 4 processors, but that means nothing to me.

I'm going with a low end model 7" off brand and will let ya'll know how it goes.  Comes with a lollipop too.  
2016-6-9
Use props
Jan Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

i alsp use a nividia shield k1, and love it :-)
I find it hard to see the screen without sunshield. has just orderd a hoodman hav1
http://hoodmanusa.com/cgi/commer ... n&category=0030

2016-6-10
Use props
vandruten
lvl.4

Indonesia

I really envy you folks with the K1 {:4_177:}
2016-6-10
Use props
vandruten
lvl.4

Indonesia

husstodd@gmail. Posted at 2016-6-10 00:17
His looked like Quad Core.  Sounds like i know what i'm doing here, and in reality, i don't even k ...

And don't forget to get the sun hood for the tab. It'll be handy!
2016-6-10
Use props
crashcraig
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34715 ft

I just purchased the NeuTab 7 pro from Amazon with Lollipop 5.1.  It seems like a nice fast tablet with a nice display.  Unfortunately I'm getting a No Signal response from the DJI Go app.   I can very briefly get an image sent from the camera back to the screen by toggling from photo to video on the app, however within less than a second the No Signal warning re-appears.   I've tried all of the fixes that I've found for this on the forum with no luck (re-linking the controller, completely uninstalling DJI Go and reinstalling, 3 times now)  all firmware appears to be up to date etc.   So I would say that the NeuTab 7" is not compatible at least not to this point.
2016-8-9
Use props
nance_jim
lvl.1
United States

I'm using the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7" with my P4...awesome performance and a very bright screen that is viewable even on sunny days.
2016-8-9
Use props
jamesazen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15262 ft

I shopped and fretted over this decision endlessly...
Ended up getting an Acer Iconia One 8
fully expecting lag issues but hoping and praying.... and I love it = no issues at all running the Dji GO App

It runs Android 5.1 Lollipop
2016-8-9
Use props
dgriffnz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170988 ft
New Zealand

I'm in N.Z. And was lucky enough to score a mint condition K1off Trade Me for NZ$260. It's great, though I do recommend Mr Shield anti-glare screen protectors.
2016-8-10
Use props
Antonov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 321857 ft
United Kingdom

I was looking for a cheap option, but I got an iphone 6+ and it is more than adequate and fits the pocket easily. The bigger doesn't make a lot of differences after getting used to it. I used ipad 9", it was awful to carry/hold. Besides, reflection makes it hard to see anyway. Other alternative use a Viewing Box and place your iphone in it and have it like FPV (good to have another pair of eyes with you during flying like so).

I'd say go for a smaller size device, I sometime use iphone 5s, works fine. I can see it as long as I am in the shade. Sun is a problem, too much reflection on any screen.   
2016-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules