OSMO disconnects during recording.
1834 3 2016-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AtomicKid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 366270 ft
United States

I've been performing some test recordings today with the OSMO, using the Zenmuse X3 from our Inspire 1. To get a few things out of the way:

Runing the latest version of the DJI GO app on my iPhone 6, running the latest iOS version.
Upon initial launch of the app for the first time I was prompted to download and install the latest firmware onto the OSMO, this has been done.
Memory card has been formated via the DJI GO app and has worked fine in our Inspire 1.
Battery fully charged.

The problem: I am getting very inconsistent recording lengths, and while recording, if I move the OSMO around much at all I lose the WiFi connection between the Phone and the OSMO. First I lose the video signal, though it still says it's recording (timer advances). Then, the HUD resets to the "N/A" on all fields. At this point I stop the recording.

I've pulled the clips off the card and the video signal immediately stops coinciding with that original loss of picture. Most of the recordings are in the :05-:30 range. The longest one, about 1:00 was only acheived by keeping the unit very steady and not panning the camera.

Tried some of the "fixes" indicated on the forums. Adjusting the video size (latest test was 1080p60 NTSC). Everything else is set to AUTO. This has had no effect.

I also tried switching between the 2.4 and 5G connections. No noticible improvement. Side note, this process never goes smoothly. After changing the wifi channel, it takes multiple attempts to get it reconnected via the WiFi.

So at this point I'm not sure what to try next.
2016-6-9
Use props
AtomicKid
lvl.2
United States

Did some more tests, update:

Unit stays connected perfectly fine until I hit record. Once I hit record it consistently fails and loses connection after a few seconds. I've also noticed that the video settings reset each time I hit record. I changed them to 1080p60 and they revert to 4k30 each time.

I haven't deleted and uninstalled the app yet, but that's probably next.
2016-6-10
Use props
AtomicKid
lvl.2
United States

Possible solution, only time will tell...

We installed the camera back into the Inspire and using the "tap and move" gimbal control, we spun the camera around repeatedly... from lock to lock in both directions. And continued to move it around all axis for about 5 mins. We did this while it was recording and it didn't losing connection. It appears there may have been an oxidized connection in one of the axis controllers / contact rings and as it spun was dropping the signal. We're reasonably confident that the problem was been resolved.
2016-6-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
Sorry for the problem.
To avoid any misunderstanding, could you please list the firmware version of your Osmo and the version of your DJI GO App? If you've upgraded all of them to the latest versions, please make sure all upgrades are successful.
The bad WiFi connection may be caused by the bad connection between the Osmo handle and the gimbal, so please check the connectors on the handle and the gimbal.

Any further information would be appreciated.
2016-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules