Phantom 2V+ Case and gimbal guard question
971 4 2015-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cayers13.email
lvl.3

United States

Are there any cases that you can use where you don't have to attach the gimbal guard everytime? I've just been storing the Phantom in a closet on a shelf, is it recommended to attach the guard every time after flight? Also, when pulling out a battery the camera will flop around and it's scaring me, any tips on getting it out more gently?
2015-1-21
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

there is a thread on how to put your arms inside the phantom arms and use your wrists (as you pinch the battery) to easily remove it.  i couldnt do it right at first but after a few posts and replies, they helped me figure it out.  it works GREAT.  i tried to find the thread but cannot for the life of me locate it.  maybe someone else can or is willing to describe the approach again.  i love the new way.  if you cant get a link posted or a firm answer on this, i'll be happy to record it and post up to help you out.
2015-1-21
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

The gimbal guard is made for a purpose.  It keeps the camera from banging around and knocking the alignment pins out of place.  If you don't keep the guards in place when not using it, the chance increases of hitting the camera or bouncing it around and getting pics like this one.
Here is how to remove the battery safely without bouncing it all around.
tilted camera.jpg
2015-1-21
Use props
cayers13.email
lvl.3

United States

is it ok to just store it in the closet with the lens cap on and put the guard on just when transporting?
I got the video using the 2 hand method for the battery now it's coming out like a charm.
2015-1-21
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

cayers13.email Posted at 2015-1-22 07:01
is it ok to just store it in the closet with the lens cap on and put the guard on just when transpor ...

I would have the guard on whenever you are not flying.
2015-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules