Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FW UPDATE ADVICE
1415 6 2016-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17141325 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Hi all,
I am currently on FW 1.5 on my i1 - I purchased the X5 gimbal and Osmo so I believe it's time for a much needed (and sometimes dreaded...) FW update. What is the best/stable/proven FW update? How far should I go? I will continue reading the forum for tips on the best update but if you have any suggestions please let me know!
Cheers and good flying everyone!!

2016-6-10
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

You may wish to stay where you are at for a bit, opinions will vary .  Can you take a screen shot of where you are at on all systems ? this will give members an oppurtunity to evaluate your update status ,Like example  below, .   Also I have a link to my tips page , I wrote it for Phantom users but the procedure is the same for the Inspire .

Personally I stay on top of updates .  The choice ultimately is up to you.

If you do update , remember the Aircraft is always first and remeber to have only one device on and updating at a time .  Never have the RC Transmitter on while updating the Aircraft.  Also, once you update you can only rollback to the previous FW in order, so if you update to 1.8 on the Aircraft you can only go back to 1.7.  The RC and Camera can rollback further , but NOT the Aircraft

http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html

donnie

about page 1.8.PNG
2016-6-10
Use props
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.3
  • >>>
Argentina

Hey Donnie!
Thank you for your response.
Im running the following:    App - 2.4.2  / Aircraft 1.4.00.10  / RC 1.4.30  / Camera 1.4.00.10  

QUESTION - Can I install the latest Aircraft (first, before RC) 1.8.01.00 directly without upgrading to a lower version?
Again, thank you for your help!
2016-6-10
Use props
sdl56
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93924 ft
United States

The latest version will bypass all lower versions so you don't have to do one at a time. If you down grade you have to go backwards one at a time. Caution, if everything is working good make sure and read all the issues with the 1.8 before you upgrade. There does not seem to be an easy fix for any glitches in the FW. You may want to hold off but your choice.  
2016-6-12
Use props
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.3
  • >>>
Argentina

Thank you for your input!!! I have gone ahead and upgraded straight from 1.4 to 1.8 - Upgraded RC and batteries and GO APP to 2.8.3 - everything up to date. Flew 10 batteries with no flight issues however: the GO APP siezed and restarted my iphone 6 plus on 3 occasions leaving me without video feedback (no problem as I ALWAYS fly LOS and never BLOS).This I thought is a potential problem if you should loose sight of your craft.  I felt the craft ok responsive - (some said I would get loss of power on the upgrade... I didn't notice but then again I don't fly too agressive).  The Upgrade went flawless - did the upgrade on an EXFAT SD CARD with NO OTHER files on it - (RADIO TURNED OFF) Took about 25 minutes (timed it...) to get it done. I repeated the process for each battery (this took 5 minutes each batt approx) - THEN I upgraded the RC via the 2.8.3 GO APP (craft turned off obviously....) repeated for second controller and everything went OK.
Again thank you for your input fellas!
2016-6-15
Use props
dronegeezer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23 ft
Sweden

Latest update for my Inspire 1 (X3) and my Ipad shows:

App: Version 2.8.3
Aircraft: Version 1.8.01.00+
Remote Controller: Version 1.6.0
Camera: Version 1.8.01.00

No sign of Firmware v1.9.1.10...is this update accurate?
2016-6-15
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

dronegeezer Posted at 2016-6-15 07:47
Latest update for my Inspire 1 (X3) and my Ipad shows:

App: Version 2.8.3

You are current and up to date, the 1.9 update has donwlaoded as indicated by the + sign after the old FW number.

The + sign will go away as soon as the aircraft and Go app sync up and the Servers at DJI confirm the update.  Just make sure that your device ( I phone , I pad etc )  can Update so the GO app can do its thing .

donnie
2016-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules