Firmware Update , Should I ?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mharvey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68635 ft
Canada

Hi All

Just got a new Phantom 3 Advanced today .
The system says I need to update the firmware, I've been seeing different posts about the firmware updates messing up the drone.
The Latest release is 1.8.80 , has anyone done this and is it safe to do so, I have not flown this new drone yet, should I fly it and see how it works first.

Cheers Mike
2016-6-10
Use props
gullisig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Hi Mike

You should test it first.

Gulli
2016-6-10
Use props
cliffb
lvl.2
United States

I received my refurbished P3A yesterday and was pondering the same thing.  I flew it this morning as received.  I had no major problems but did notice a loss of video signal once when I started recording.  I did the firmware upgrade later in the day.  The upgrade went fine.  No problem with a short test flight afterward.  To windy this afternoon for any flying so I'll fly again tomorrow.
2016-6-10
Use props
one_square_nut
New

United States

Read the forums.
Alot of people have had problems after doing a firmware upgrade.  If your bird is performing well right out of the box,  leave the firmware update issue alone and just enjoy flying your drone and have fun.  If everything works, enjoy!

Steve
2016-6-10
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 501913 ft
Australia

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... d=427415&page=1

Don't mess it up if you don't need to
2016-6-11
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I've done every firmware update for my P3P since they came out, never once had a problem, patience is the key as some updates take a long time, like 20 to 25 minutes.  Look for the solid green LED on the front of the gimbal to know when its finished.
2016-6-11
Use props
golden.jms
New

United States

I have a stupid question. I am currently updating the firmware however I stupidly turned the remote controller on. Instructions say not to do that. The firmware update is ongoing but it's been going for maybe 40 minutes. Anyone have any suggestions?

edit:   Nevermind. Light is green, update took place with no issues.
2016-6-11
Use props
sergio.go
lvl.2

United States

I did the update 10 days ago and the bird has been great no complaints. my update RC and bird both together were about less than 10 min. I guess it all depends on the person. for some reason I had to update the control and format my sd card before getting to the bird. hope this helps
2016-6-11
Use props
khaier83
New

Malaysia

My P3A still running in 1.4 version since last two month. Now i'm trying to solve the P3S of my cousan as he had done upgraded to v1.6 whereby his bird easy to loss transmission
2016-6-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello mharvey, it is recommended to keep the firmware up to date. Don't forget to update your RC after you've finishede the drone's upgrade.
2016-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules