1064 5 2016-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZeeKeezer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13970 ft
United States

Hi!

I'm going to be filming my city at night, what is the best setting for video on my drone? just auto everything? or what would be recommened.

Thanks!

2016-6-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Start in Auto, and look at where the settings go, then switch over to Manual and experiment some.
What works for me, or had appealed to my eye, may be different for what you hope to achieve.

I do tend to shoot HDR, LOG and go from there. But Definately take plenty of examples and keep a handy note book, when you can.

RedHotPoker
2016-6-10
Use props
ZeeKeezer
lvl.2
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-6-10 19:34
Start in Auto, and look at where the settings go, then switch over to Manual and experiment some.
Wh ...

Fantastic. Thank you very much! We have a lot of restrictions here where we can fly so I hope I can get some good video.  So many restrictions here they shouldn't sell them here lol.. be a "we only allow RC cars and boats here" states.
2016-6-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It is not going to be easy, as the camera on these aircraft is not a low-light camera, it needs to be fed with plenty of light to make good pictures.

Having said that, you can get very good still photos at night by having long exposures.

Shooting video is another story, as the camera will bring up the gain and you will have noisy looking pictures, unless it can expose for bright lights.

The most important thing you need for night shooting is a total lack of wind, then you can get the best out of the camera.

2016-6-10
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft

ZeeKeezer Posted at 2016-6-11 09:41
Fantastic. Thank you very much! We have a lot of restrictions here where we can fly so I hope I ca ...

Video could be tricky since the camera isn't great, even during sunsets you can get grainy footage. Keep your ISO as low as possible when shooting. Pictures would turn out better since you can do long exposure, but post how the night video goes.
2016-6-10
Use props
ZeeKeezer
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-6-10 19:43
It is not going to be easy, as the camera on these aircraft is not a low-light camera, it needs to b ...

Interesting read but makes sense. At this moment we have zero wind so that's sorta why. We live in a damn desert here so wind is rare it's just a thousand degrees is all.
2016-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules