Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4: "Weak Image Transmission Signal"
3216 5 2016-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bob.fulton44
New
Australia

I have a Phantom 3 which worked right out of the box. Decided to upgrade to a Phantom 4 and getting very frustrated with no camera.

Upgraded the DJI GO app - I'm using an iPhone 6.

Updated Firmware in the Drone but can only get "Weak Image Transmission Signal" and a red LED and beeps from the RC Controller.

Read the manuals (can't find anything helpful in there); Google suggested remove and replace the SD Card - done that; tried another SD Card, all no luck. Restarted the drone and controller many times and occasionally the red LED comes up green but continual "Weak Image Transmission Signal".

Very frustrating and annoying.

Something I'm doing wrong or is the Phantom 4 defective?

Thanks

2016-6-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Hard to say. But be careful of the advice you get on the internet, it is free advice and worth every cent of it

Firstly, the SD card has absolutely nothing to do with the problem, the application is telling you that the Lightbridge signal from the aircraft to the RC unit is very weak. That can either be the P4 is not sending a strong signal or the RC unit is not receiving a strong signal. The first thing to do is look at the channel display and see how the signals appear, this will tell you if the receiver is being swamped by other signals in the area. If you could post a screen shot of the channel display, that will tell a lot.

2016-6-10
Use props
bob.fulton44
New
Australia

To clarify - I may have two separate problems, one in the RC Controller; and one in the Drone???

The red LED flashes and the RC controller beeps when the Controller is on but drone is turned off, so the flashing LED and beeps may indicate a controller issue, separate from the "Weak Image Transmission Signal" that comes up on my iPhone when the drone is turned on?

EDITED:

I discovered how to stop the beeping and turn the red LED green - after turning the RC Controller on, pull left joy stick full down and back to the central position. Seems strange I must do that everytime I turn the Controller on?

Still have the "Weak Signal" and no camera.
2016-6-10
Use props
bob.fulton44
New
Australia

bob.fulton44 Posted at 2016-6-11 13:04
To clarify - I may have two separate problems, one in the RC Controller; and one in the Drone???

Th ...

Unbelievable!!! After another hour of fiddling, power off and on a number of times, it all came good and worked perfectly!!!

The Follow Me function is amazing. Will try it with my sports car tomorrow!
2016-6-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

bob.fulton44 Posted at 2016-6-11 14:44
Unbelievable!!! After another hour of fiddling, power off and on a number of times, it all came go ...

Glad to hear that the problem has been solved, Bob. If you have any question later, feel free to post it here.
2016-6-11
Use props
droniste007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3492995 ft
Belgium

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-11 23:15
Glad to hear that the problem has been solved, Bob. If you have any question later, feel free to post it here.

What about the same problem with a light bridge 2?  I have a week signal video and I am flying in a free area???
thank you
2017-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules