Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Switch labels
1896 36 2015-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Capt. Bill
Second Officer

United States

I only wanted labels for the switches I came up with these. I had an old program that would let print them to exact size. I used 1.1 x 1.0 inches. If you have the skill and software you can save them and print. I used some old removeable diskette labels
2015-1-21
Use props
Capt. Bill
Second Officer

United States

a label 1.jpg a label 2.jpg
2015-1-21
Use props
stans.email
lvl.3

United States

I think it says somewhere that the correct way to reset HP is to switch back and forth from CL to HL 3x....flipping from S2 off to HL position 5X is not the recommended way for Naza mode....yet, I am new to this so I may be wrong!  I'm still watching videos and reading everything b4 I go on my first flight....

have been using a flight simulator app and a cheapie Syma X5C-1 as a trainer.....just own a new Vision....which I think is good enough for some casual flying and still pics...and maybe a video or so....can always adapt it to a Rotorpixel if I want better video....

...surely, quads will become over-regulated and owning one will require testing and licensing in the future....we need to fly safe and smart for the good of all....
2015-1-21
Use props
Capt. Bill
Second Officer

United States

stans.email Posted at 2015-1-22 07:03
I think it says somewhere that the correct way to reset HP is to switch back and forth from CL to H ...

I copied that from some that were for sale. I will double check it also
2015-1-21
Use props
gnixon2015
First Officer

United States

yes and if you figure out how to make homepoint reset work in naza mode, lemme know, i cannot make it work after so many tries it is irritating me...:@
2015-1-21
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
Second Officer

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-1-22 08:19
yes and if you figure out how to make homepoint reset work in naza mode, lemme know, i cannot make i ...

10.  When NAZA-M working mode is enabled, Switch 2 can set the Home Point and Course Lock Bearing.
a.  Toggle rapidly 3 to 5 times from top to middle to set Course Lock Bearing (direction) on the ground or in the air.
b.  Toggle rapidly 3 to 5 times from middle position to bottom position to register Home Location on the ground or in the air when at least 6 satellites are acknowledged.
2015-1-21
Use props
stans.email
lvl.3

United States

Jamie Hellmich Posted at 2015-1-22 10:05
10.  When NAZA-M working mode is enabled, Switch 2 can set the Home Point and Course Lock Bearing. ...

You nailed it Jamie!
2015-1-21
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
Second Officer

United States

Thanks Bill, I copied it from here http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en

I did some editing as well.
2015-1-21
Use props
gnixon2015
First Officer

United States

jamie, as i mentioned in other thread(s) that i cant get that to work.  no idea why not.  ive got 12 sats when doing it and it just wont work no matter how fast or slow i do it.
2015-1-21
Use props
Capt. Bill
Second Officer

United States

I just tried mine in NAZA mode and 8 satellites locked. Flipped S2 top to botton 5 times quickly but not frantically and got the fast green blink followed by slow green blink. That should have set a new home point.
2015-1-21
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
Second Officer

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-1-22 10:43
jamie, as i mentioned in other thread(s) that i cant get that to work.  no idea why not.  ive got 12 ...

Hmmm.  I know absolutely that it works with mine.  I just did it again tonight to confirm.  P2V+ V3.0, and in GPS ATTI mode or in ATTI mode.  I get the rapid green flashing for a couple of seconds after the toggling, indicating success for either Home Position set or Course Lock direction set.
2015-1-21
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-1-22 11:38
I just tried mine in NAZA mode and 8 satellites locked. Flipped S2 top to botton 5 times quickly but ...

You're right Capt. you would get a new home point.  To reset the home point, you have to have initial home point set at takeoff.  If you takeoff with less than 6 sats, you won't get that initial home point and you won't be able to set the home point in the air.
2015-1-21
Use props
Capt. Bill
Second Officer

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-22 11:43
You're right Capt. you would get a new home point.  To reset the home point, you have to have init ...

Every thing I read said that compass calibration and resetting the home point was the same for either Phantom or NAZA mode so stans comment threw me.
2015-1-21
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-1-22 11:48
Every thing I read said that compass calibration and resetting the home point was the same for eit ...

If you take off without 6 sats to lock your home point, you won't be able to reset your home point in the air later.  You have to have that initial home point set at takeoff.
2015-1-21
Use props
gnixon2015
First Officer

United States

capt, if you do it top to bottom instead of mid to bottom, you actually are resetting both COURSE and HOME locks.  so basically this is what happens:

if it leaves the mid and goes down 5 times fast enough, that does (for you all not me) home lock setting.  if you do 5 fast mid to top, you are resetting the (course lock).  therefore, if you do TOP TO BOTTOM and it is fast enough, they dont offset one another (as in it ends up counting BOTH as being set because you are technically 'doing' 5 mid/tops and 5 mid/bottoms mixed together and it just 'takes that').  

that is actually why i think some people say you have to do it SUPER FAST because if they dont (and they do top to bottom) you have to be faster because you are filling up space with the course lock part simultaneously.

so thanks for the replies, somehow im not getting it to work.  im going to test again tomorrow and ill let you know if i get it working.   appreciate the dialogue..
here is what i was referencing:

Need to Know: It’s possible to manually change the Home Point and Course Lock direction after take off and while in
flight. Course Lock Direction reset is S2 Top-Middle-Top 3-5 times; Home Point reset is S2 Middle-Bottom-Middle 3-5
times. Make sure you do not cycle through all three positions (Top through Bottom). Doing all three positions may
result in the resetting of both CL and HP. Obviously, if you want to manually set a new Home Point, you need to turn off
Dynamic Home Point (see below). Be sure to check the IOC section for more info.

that comes from this document (which is a fantastic read):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1h ... ry%20Guide.pdf?dl=0
2015-1-21
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

People don't understand what course lock and home lock functions
For the sake of discussion, you have the Phantom setup in NAZA mode and you take off due north.  If both s2 and s1 are in the top most position, s1 being in the gps position and s2 in the off position, the Phantom will fly just like it was setup in Phantom mode, forward stick is forward, left stick is left, right stick will fly right and back stick will fly backward relative to Phantom orientation.  If you rotate the phantom 90 degrees pointing left and forward stick, it will fly to the left as you see it.  180 degree turn it will fly back to you with forward stick. etc.
Now remember it is setup in NAZA mode.  switch s1 to center ATTI mode and s2 to center course lock mode.  the course will be whatever direction you are flying,  Fly at 0 degrees which will be due north,  When you turn the phantom left, it will still be flying 0 degrees due north because your stick is still forward. but the phantom is looking left. Rotate 180 degrees and you will see yourself but still flying due north, or backward as you now see the front.  You can rotate the craft to any position without changing the right stick or course.  
Home lock s2 switch all the way down is coming straight back to home point by pulling on the back stick for direction. It doesn't matter what orientation the Phantom is, it will return to home point.
2015-1-21
Use props
gnixon2015
First Officer

United States

yes gerry but the HOMELOCK and HOMEPOINT are related here.  when you establish a new HOMEPOINT that is the equivalent of resetting your HOMELOCK, as they are really the same thing.

what i was pointing out is the often referenced discrepancies between top/bottom toggle and mid/bottom toggle and i believe they are well explained in my post and also explain why there are misinterpretations with the things people are actually doing and what they think is happening.  for example, some people are doing top/bottom 5 times and are resetting BOTH CL AND HL but since they probably NEVER use CL (most people rarely use it), they just think they are setting HL only.  others say it is mid/bottom, well that is really not mutually exclusive, that was my point.  i found that interesting.
2015-1-21
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-1-22 12:55
yes gerry but the HOMELOCK and HOMEPOINT are related here.  when you establish a new HOMEPOINT that  ...

In your case, if you have no home point at takeoff, you cannot set home point in the air, you can only RESET home point. I do understand what you are saying,  move the home point and home lock and course lock will reference the NEW home point.
2015-1-21
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

users can set a new home point manually when the aircraft is in “Ready to fly”
status as long as a "home point has been recorded automatically". Quickly flipping the S2 switch of the
remote control from upper most to lower most positions 5 times or more will reset the current aircraft
position as a new home point of PHANTOM 2 VISION. When successfully reset, you will see a series of
rapid green blinks on the LED Flight Indicator.
2015-1-21
Use props
gnixon2015
First Officer

United States

no, if you recall from my other post, i went to a field with 10-12 sat locks AT LAUNCH.  i flew 200 ft away and 'reset it' with the toggles (TEN OR MORE DIFFERENT ATTEMPTS AT DIFF TIMES) and it kept going back to the home location.  i had a HP set at launch and never had <10 sats during the whole outing.  but i couldnt RESET the HP EVER.  i even landed, killed engine (not power) and took off again and the OLD HOMEPOINT was still set.  toggling is not getting mine to change.
2015-1-21
Use props
Capt. Bill
Second Officer

United States

Here is what DJIs says. It is interesting to note the home point is set on take off

phantome home course.png
2015-1-21
Use props
gnixon2015
First Officer

United States

and according to that bill, you can set it midflight WITHOUT having set it at launch (even tho that is not what im saying to gerry that i did last weekend).
2015-1-21
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-1-22 13:13
Here is what DJIs says. It is interesting to note the home point is set on take off

I have no problem resetting home point at all.  toggling s2.  It works fine for both of my birds.
2015-1-21
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-1-22 13:12
no, if you recall from my other post, i went to a field with 10-12 sat locks AT LAUNCH.  i flew 200  ...

I didn't see that post.
2015-1-21
Use props
gnixon2015
First Officer

United States

thats odd, you posted in it three times:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... ra=page%3D1&lang=en

edit:  apparenly you didnt see my reply but you saw the original posts and some replies... look at my reply on:

2015-1-20 02:57

that will show you where i was saying it wasnt working but i was in perfectly normal sat conditions in a huge field.

2015-1-21
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-1-22 13:22
thats odd, you posted in it three times:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... ra=page%3D1&lang=en

I posted before you posted your test results in the open field.  I never saw your posted results. sorry.
2015-1-21
Use props
gnixon2015
First Officer

United States

ok, so either way, it isnt the whole unlocked launch issue, JFC it isnt rocket science to be able to toggle a freaking switch.  i just dont get it, very frustrating.  and im not suggesting that it 'doesnt work' i just cant figure out why it isnt working for me and honesly, there are tons of times i need to move my HP not just flying from boats and such which i will be doing too, it is a pretty major problem to not be able to set it midflight.  im going to try again and see if maybe it has to do with my toggle speed but i tried it a bunch of times at diff rates..... sigh.
2015-1-21
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-1-22 13:31
ok, so either way, it isnt the whole unlocked launch issue, JFC it isnt rocket science to be able to ...

I can understand the frustration. I get that way at times.
2015-1-21
Use props
Capt. Bill
Second Officer

United States

I never expected this many responses to a couple of simple labels. Lets clarify the "Automatic" setting of course and home point

Course Lock. I turn it on facing north and a minute later I take it out to the take off point but set it down facing east. Until I change it the course lock will be set to north.

Home lock. When I take off the home lock point will be set to where it takes off. Does that point change if I land and take off again or do I have to turn the Phantom off and back on again then take off again to get a new home lock point? Also does that change the RTH point and the altitude for landing on a loss of signal. In other words is the home lock point and the RTH point the same?
2015-1-21
Use props
gnixon2015
First Officer

United States

yes they are the same and NO they do not reset if you land and take off again (without powering down the phantom).  however, for everyone on the planet but me, if you fast toggle s2 from BOTTOM/MID 3-5 times, you can set it anytime you want, on or off the ground.
2015-1-21
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-1-22 13:38
I never expected this many responses to a couple of simple labels. Lets clarify the "Automatic" sett ...

As long as you don't power down the Phantom and reinitialize the start up procedure again by turning the battery off and on, your home point will stay the same.
2015-1-21
Use props
Capt. Bill
Second Officer

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-1-22 13:48
yes they are the same and NO they do not reset if you land and take off again (without powering down ...

Figured you had to turn it off. So I am at home in NAZA mode and set home point with the switches. Then I go 15 miles to the field, set it down, turn it on and take. My home new point is set at the field without doing anything?
2015-1-21
Use props
stans.email
lvl.3

United States

So as a new flyer after reading this thread I can assume the following:

6 SAT's are required to set CL and HP prior to takeoff.

Before takeoff the first set of rapid green lights sets CL according to the nose position...the right stick controls pitch & roll based on the nose.

Activating CL in flight allows the right stick to contol the quad as if the nose was in the original takeoff position. (no matter the movement of the nose)  While in flight, toggling the S2 switch fom mid position up to S2 OFF 3-5x will 1) resets the original CL set prior to takeoff and the right stick will control flight according to the new nose position or 2) it can set a CL that may not been set pior to takeoff with less than 6 SAT's.

Activating HL in flight sets a direct straight path back to the takeoff HP with right stick full back no matter where the quad is oriented in flight. While in flight toggling the S2 switch from mid position down to S2 HL 3-5x will 1) resets the original HP set  prior to takeoff to a new position below the quad at time of activation or 2) it can set a HP that may not have been set prior to takeoff with less than 6 SAT's

NOTE:  If S2 is toggled rapidly 5x from S2 OFF down to S2 HL and back up fully to S2 OFF there is a risk that both CL and HP will be reset by such action.  Since S1 Atti GPS controls Horizontal & Vertical position, whereas Atti only controls Vertical position nose position will be affected in CL differently.  HL must have min. of 6 SAT's to function and will only activate with the S1 switch in the UP position.

Please let me know if I got this CL & HL understanding down correctly or not thanks much!

2015-1-21
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

stans.email Posted at 2015-1-22 14:09

6 SAT's are required to set ...

I saw a video where this guy went to 1 corner and took off to set his waypoint then landed, he shut the motors down but left the battery on.  Then he drove a ways away, started the Phantom up, and activated the RTH.  It flew to his original take off point on the corner.
2015-1-21
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-1-22 14:01
Figured you had to turn it off. So I am at home in NAZA mode and set home point with the switches. ...

2015-1-21
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

stans.email Posted at 2015-1-22 14:09

6 SAT's are required to set ...

You almost got it correct

6 SAT's are required to set CL and HP prior to takeoff.

This is where you can get into lots of trouble. Don't ask me how I know

6 Sats for Home Lock HL not for Course Lock CL

As per the picture further above the CL is set 30 seconds after applying power. i.e. once the compass has stabilised.

If you power up the drone facing east and then take it and position it on your take off point facing north for rotor power up and takeoff. You locked course is still east.

cheers
2015-1-22
Use props
gnixon2015
First Officer

United States

here is a very good explanation of CL and HL (not contrary to what others have posted but the explanation part, particularly the parts about a 'string' in HL and the NSEW comment on CL:

Course Lock (CL): Move the switch to the middle and you are now flying in Course Lock Mode. In CL, it doesn't matter
which way the craft is oriented (pointing). Now forward is whatever direction the craft was pointed before it took off (the
recorded Home Orientation direction). In Short, Course Lock relates to Initial Heading. It's like flying on an invisible,
fixed grid. If it took off with the nose pointing north, forward will always send it north, back will always send it south,
left will always send it west, and right will always send it east.
When flying in IOC Home Lock or Course Lock you can
control yaw, while remaining on course. Useful, for example, if you want to track a target by flying “forward” while
rotating.

Home Lock (HL): Move the switch all the way down and you activate Home Lock Mode. In HL, like in CL, it doesn't
matter which way the craft is oriented (pointing). But in Home Lock, back is always back to the Home Point (the
Recorded or Dynamic(if activated-see below) Home Point location), forward is always away from the Home Point, right
is always 90° to the right of a line from the Home Point to the craft, and left is always 90° to the left of a line from the
Home Point to the craft. In short: Home Lock relates to Home Point. Think of the craft as being on the end of a string
which is the radius of a circle - shorten, it comes back; lengthen, it goes away; twirl (left or right), it goes in a circle
around the home point.

the cool thing about HL is that a left/right (based upon the string comment) should make it do a perfect circle with a fixed radius
2015-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules