Drone Deploy
1510 2 2016-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jan Jensen
lvl.3
Denmark

is there are some of you who have tried the app Drone Deploy free version.
it obviously has some limitations.
so I do not know what it can and can not quite understand what limitations does.
Max 2D Resolution 15 cm / pixel .. ??
and then it says something with no export.

https://www.dronedeploy.com/index.html#pricing

Jan Jensen / Denmark

2016-6-11
Use props
david.p.mann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

The demo version is great in that it lets you explore the capabilities of the software and Drone Deploy's image processing capabilities.  You can get a limited number of 2D and 3D models processed per month for free during the demo period - and you can download and display the finished product.

With the lower-resolution demo version, I found the 3D landscape/building models I had processed were fun to view but not high quality enough to truly impress. Perhaps more experience and tweaking of parameters would yield a higher quality result. I assume the high-cost paid version does a better job?

The 2D landscape models I shot both with my P3 Pro and my Inspire 1 using the Drone Deploy software were again, OK.  The defaults for the program set up your quad to automatically fly a back and forth pattern over the defined target area and shoot hundreds of photos with a high degree of overlap.  This overlap is a must for 3D model processing, but I think it results in poorer image quality of the stitched together 2D survey photo because the software tries to interpolate all the overlapped areas.  I would suggest trying a lower overlap percentage (or perhaps zero overlap) to see if that improves image quality of the stitched-together final product image.  My demo period ran out before I could try that.

I found the software robust and reliable - I always got my quad back at the end and I could abort a mission and take over manual control at any time.  So, try the free demo version and see if it meets your needs enough to upgrade to a paid subscription. Be happy they let you try the software out before committing to a paid subscription.

Safe flying!
2016-6-11
Use props
Jan Jensen
lvl.3
Denmark

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2016-6-11 18:50
The demo version is great in that it lets you explore the capabilities of the software and Drone Dep ...

okay, thank you for the good and very helpful reply ..
I thought that the free version could be used forever but only 5 / month .. how I understood it. for the paid version I'll never get where it has ongoing expenses.
2016-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules