Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 drifting left + right.. any idea?
1483 6 2016-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 80919 ft
Finland

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8fe3b ... e_hovering.mov?dl=0

Any idea why my Inspire1 is drifting left and right. I have use phantoms  and i know that the drone can move a little but this is first time when  i can see it from the footage. It drifts left and right. There is not  so much wind. Compass is ok, i have try 5 different place, IMU is  completed. I don't have change the propelles.. and i am using the new  firmware. Maybe i need to downgrade the firmare (how) ?

All satellite are 100% (20/20)
Vision system is On

2016-6-11
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

If you are updated on everything, compass IMU etc then what I suggest is bumping up the gains a wee bit.  dont go up more than 5% at a time and then re -test.  The gains are how the aircraft reacts to wind , pressure etc , external forces.  I would first check all of those settings and write them down and then begin to enter larger values.

Donnie
2016-6-12
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

Here is  the gains.. so i need to set bigger numbers here? I have change the YAW because i want smooth yaw.. if i want slower yaw should i set a lower number?

Photo 12.6.2016 15.17.36.png
2016-6-12
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1671171 ft
  • >>>
United States

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-6-12 08:48
Here is  the gains.. so i need to set bigger numbers here? I have change the YAW because i want smoo ...

(I believe) If you want smoother yaw control, you have adjusted the gain the wrong way. Lower number means less control input ..

I had some trouble with mine and re calibrated both the IMU and Compass again while at the river. it was moving or drifting ... but now it is locked in.. see slow mo video

Rich
2016-6-12
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-6-12 21:33
(I believe) If you want smoother yaw control, you have adjusted the gain the wrong way. Lower numb ...

My inspire is also very stable some times.. but at this moment if there is any wind and try to go forward it will move left and right. I have use Phantom 4 about 30 flights in same wind and there is no any problems..

What gains do you have on that video? Maybe i need to calibrate IMU again.. i have try it 2 times now.
2016-6-12
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1671171 ft
  • >>>
United States

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-6-12 11:49
My inspire is also very stable some times.. but at this moment if there is any wind and try to go f ...

All of my gains are at the factory default settings of 100%

Please check out this thread for calibration of the IMU. This applies for the Inspire 1 also, "same procedure" and note the comments from Ken making sure your aircraft is COLD before calibration

http://forum.dji.com/thread-54253-1-1.html

my gimbal settings
IMG_0184.jpg

Rich
2016-6-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-6-13 02:49
My inspire is also very stable some times.. but at this moment if there is any wind and try to go f ...

Are you still having issues, or are you good to go?
2016-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules