Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
propulsion output limited. Aircraft motility has been lowered?
12Next >
6478 54 2016-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Starry
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1161286 ft
United States

I received a warning "propulsion output limited. Aircraft motility has been lowered" in every flight recently. Anyone know what the problem should be? Photo Jun 11, 19 33 56.jpg
2016-6-11
Use props
Gabe R
lvl.4

United States

I believe that its because your pushing your battery to its last bit of juice. When the battery is near the end using things like full throttle draws alot of volts and could cause the battery to fail so limiting the power will hopefully prevent that from happening. I would suggest not letting the battery get below 20% anyways. Ill always bring mine home and have it landed before it gets below 30
2016-6-11
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

What Gabe said above ^

Use the settings in the app to raise the battery level at which you get your first and second warnings - be sure to be returning before the first one and on the ground before the second one.

If you're doing long or complex flights, you can reset the warning levels to suit the flight plan, but always err on the side of caution to be sure you get your bird back home in one piece.
2016-6-11
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Also, when the battery is draining to below 20%, the voltage of the battery will decrease a bit, thence the limited propulsion output.
2016-6-11
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Why did I read this to mean the Phantom has a low sperm count?  

Using the word motility could be changed to something more appropriate.  Motility is used in reference to organic/biologic entities.

motile                  
[moht-l, moh-til]                                                         

adjective
1.      Biology. moving or capable of moving spontaneously:  

motile cells; motile spores.

2016-6-12
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

Funny... I got this warning today for the first time ever and I've been flying the 3 for a year way over 550,000 feet flown.

It was on a battery that was fully charged 5 days prior.  When I started the flight I was at 96% and this warning came on around 63% left while at 325 feet high and flying a straight line at about 3/4 throttle.

I instantly stopped going forward and flew back home.

So this warning is connected to my battery being low on voltage even though I'm at 68%?  I'm confused on this one.
2016-6-12
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

So this is a warning that when it pops up take quick action?

Is this a warning where the craft could fall out the sky almost instantly or want to land itself on the spot?
2016-6-12
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

The limit you guys are referring to raising... Is that the low voltage warning?

I have mine set to 35%.  

Like I said it was a fully charged battery... Was charged 5 days before and once powered on it was at 96%ish before I took off.

The warning popped up around 68% left.  I'm in New Orleans so it's about 96 degrees with 100% humidity.

I've noticed both my battery's tend to get those warnings where the voltage sags a bit and the numbers go from green to yellow to red... But even then I've never seen this warning.  I'm running FW 1.6.

It's the Advanced and I easily have over 500,000 feet flown on two battery's.  My craft is pampered, babied, cleaned, and stored in a climate controlled enclosure.

Any info above and beyond what's been posted so far be of great help.
2016-6-12
Use props
Starry
lvl.3
United States

Rain1dog Posted at 2016-6-12 17:26
Funny... I got this warning today for the first time ever and I've been flying the 3 for a year way  ...

I think it is nothing to do with my battery life, I had this warning when the battery is around 80%.
2016-6-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Starry Posted at 2016-6-13 07:48
I think it is nothing to do with my battery life, I had this warning when the battery is around 8 ...

It is not necessarily related to battery life. It simply means that a movement was made that drew high current from the battery, and under that high load, the voltage dropped to a low level. The aircraft systems considered it to be a threat to the safety of the aircraft. So as a result, the system then took measures to stop such a manouvre from happening again during the flight, by lowering the maximum power to the motors.

This feature was brought in during the last Northern winter period as a result of aircraft failing in very low temperatures when too much power was called for.

2016-6-12
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

^^

Thank you sir.  It's the first time I have ever encountered this warning and been on 1.6 forever and have flown almost daily since Jan in New Orleans and all over gulf coast.

It just scared the hell out of me as I was about to lose my craft.
2016-6-13
Use props
hbax450
lvl.1

Happened to me just now. Started with 68% battery. At 200 feet it gave me the same message and indicated it was doing a forced landing. That was fun. Have 80 flights logged and 600K+ feet flown. The P3A has always been plagued with crappy compass errors, but this now takes the cake. I no longer trust this animal.
2016-6-13
Use props
Starry
lvl.3
United States

hbax450 Posted at 2016-6-13 22:38
Happened to me just now. Started with 68% battery. At 200 feet it gave me the same message and indic ...

I dont know how to fix this issue, It happended to me agian today.
2016-6-13
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

Woah... Forced landing??  It actually forced a landing?

This has me worried now.  I have had ZERO issues with my Advanced over its life time.  It's around 550,000 feet flown.  Flown it to 1650 feet high, 7,000 feet away, in CBD's of city's over sky scrapers, in congested areas, forests, swamps, rivers, over cable stay bridges, in 100 degree heat, 28 degree cold and never ever had any issues... Until now and nothing has changed.  I'm still on 1.6... No crashes... And all of a sudden around 250-300 feet high and about 3/4 throttle going forward in straight line, 89 degrees, 1-4 mph winds, fully charged battery I get this message for the first time ever.

That forced landing stuff has me spooked cause if I'm in a area that's not the best for a landing or I'm 6,000 feet away I just lost my investment.
2016-6-13
Use props
joey.lopina
lvl.3
Flight distance : 498839 ft

Rain1dog Posted at 2016-6-13 05:26
Funny... I got this warning today for the first time ever and I've been flying the 3 for a year way  ...

Same thing happened to me
2016-6-13
Use props
Droneando
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1158734 ft
Ecuador

Have a Inspire1 v1. I upgraded everything to X5 Pro v2 including motors and ESC.  Everything went "perfect" only thing I notice is that im getting a lot of "propulsion output is limited aircraft motility has been lowered"  Do I have to change the gain or something...  Do i have to reconfigure the EXP and Gain?
2016-7-13
Use props
Gabe R
lvl.4

Droneando Posted at 2016-7-14 08:42
Have a Inspire1 v1. I upgraded everything to X5 Pro v2 including motors and ESC.  Everything went " ...

This would be better to ask on the Inspire forum and not the Phantom line. Also this post died about a month ago.
2016-7-13
Use props
scwillis60
New

United States

I got this message but it was to late.  My drone dropped out of the sky and crashed.  Broken to pieces.  I'm pissed.  I flew four times since upgrade and on the fifth time, it tumbled.    Very light winds.  I did not have time to recover.  it just dropped.  When it was found, the props were still turning, the battery still had three bars.  totally unacceptable.  Never had any issues until this upgrade.
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

scwillis60 Posted at 2016-7-19 05:08
I got this message but it was to late.  My drone dropped out of the sky and crashed.  Broken to piec ...

I'm sorry for your crash, the propulsion output limited does not make your aircraft crash. it only limits the power to keep the battery voltage from dropping too much. You will see this message when your battery is low and sometimes if you do long full throttle sessions.
Can you please provide your email and I will look at your flight.
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Droneando Posted at 2016-7-14 08:42
Have a Inspire1 v1. I upgraded everything to X5 Pro v2 including motors and ESC.  Everything went " ...

What do you mean you upgraded everything to a X5 Pro v2. Did you purchase a new aircraft or just install the 1345T props and adapter plate?
The v2 also have upgraded motors and ESC's, if you have the v1 motors/ESC's then you will get this warning more often from carrying the extra weight.
I still wouldn't worry about it, it's only a warning and limits power to keep the battery from being damaged. You can still climb when it's limited so it's not like you are going to lose altitude or anything like that.
2016-7-18
Use props
scwillis60
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-19 05:18
I'm sorry for your crash, the propulsion output limited does not make your aircraft crash. it onl ...

scwillis60@yahoo.com
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Can you post a screenshot of your flight record page, I'm not seeing any records with that email.
I did see a record but I don't think that was yours as there was no crash. It was a short flight and a POI around the home point then flew out and back then landed.
2016-7-18
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft

It does not have to do with low battery at all, it doesn't have to do with setting your battery warning levels. it seems to have to do with battery temperature. I fly long distances, my battery warning level is at %15. on way out I'm at full throttle all the way to four miles out without any issues, returning on around %65 battery, on the way back I'm at full throttle and land with %7 battery. now, if I'm flying long distances on a hot day and coming back into head wind I start getting the propulsion warning as early as %60 battery life, it comes and goes. I've had times when the speed drops to around 18mph for about a minute then creeps back up. It makes for a very Nerve racking long distance flight. But this warning does not make your quad drop out of the sky our crash, it just lowers the output power to the motors for as long as it deems it necessary.
So now I plan long distance runs on cooler days and don't get the propulsion warning too often unless going into strong head wind. Btw, you should plan the return flight with trail wind and not head wind, if possible!!!!
2016-7-18
Use props
scwillis60
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-18 21:40
Can you post a screenshot of your flight record page, I'm not seeing any records with that email.

been busy.  Will see what I can do.  email me and let me know how I can upload flight data.
2016-7-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

scwillis60 Posted at 2016-7-21 01:44
been busy.  Will see what I can do.  email me and let me know how I can upload flight data.

[url=]Here's instructions how to manually get the records.[/url]
[url=]Start at page 3.[/url]

RTHF inquiry- Sync Flight Records.pdf

583.65 KB, Down times: 37

2016-7-20
Use props
mikelt006
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336880 ft
Israel

I think it's due to battery overheat, it's summer here now around 36C degrees during the afternoon (very hot) and I only fly it early in the morning, heat was never good for electricity, I guess just try and fly it on cooler days and avoid drastic maneuvers that can overheat the battery more quickly, I always use gentle stick moves unless I want to play with it at close range where i can land it very fast.
2016-7-20
Use props
skipilot1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1557398 ft
United States

mikelt006@gmail Posted at 2016-7-21 01:56
I think it's due to battery overheat, it's summer here now around 36C degrees during the afternoon ( ...

I have only gotten this warning when my P3P was returning from a 5000 meter outbound flight. Fortunately, I was at a high altitude in order to maintain signal. Returning home at about 2500 meters I got the message and started losing altitude. I just kept right stick pushing the bird home at less than full speed. After a while I pushed the left stick up to get some altitude back while keeping the right stick pushing toward home. This scenario was repeated several times; trading altitude for forward movement until I got her home.

I believe this warning comes up when the bird is being pushed to its limits and the drain on the battery is happening more rapidly than normal. I don't push her as hard as I used to and I don't get these warnings anymore.
2016-7-20
Use props
mochorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 940148 ft
Canada

rayrokni Posted at 2016-7-19 00:15
It does not have to do with low battery at all, it doesn't have to do with setting your battery warn ...

+1
To those getting this warning does your battery temp happen to be around 140F when you get this warning?
2016-7-20
Use props
Flashman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226768 ft
United Kingdom

mochorm Posted at 2016-7-20 21:18
+1
To those getting this warning does your battery temp happen to be around 140F when you get thi ...

I eventually got around to upgrading my Inspire Pro today with the latest firmware. During the very first flight I too received the warning you experienced followed very shortly after by a critical error message from which I landed immediately. I changed batteries and all looked okay until 3 minutes into the second flight when I got the very same warning again. All battery output levels were ok during both flights. Could this be related to the latest firmware upgrade? Has anybody else noticed this post upgrade?

2016-7-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Flashman Posted at 2016-7-26 03:35
I eventually got around to upgrading my Inspire Pro today with the latest firmware. During the ver ...

Do you have a screenshot of the critical error message?
2016-7-25
Use props
Flashman
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-25 20:48
Do you have a screenshot of the critical error message?

2016-7-26
Use props
Flashman
lvl.1
United Kingdom

UPDATE: The fault with my Inspire 1 Pro is definitely the result of the firmware upgrade v1.9.1.30
I downgraded to firmware v1.8.1.00, used the same two recharged batteries and the fault disappeared. I ran both of the batteries down to 10% during this test.
2016-7-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Flashman Posted at 2016-7-26 16:54
UPDATE: The fault with my Inspire 1 Pro is definitely the result of the firmware upgrade v1.9.1.30 ...

Thank you for the screenshot, Your battery is fine. I will report this.
I need the DAT file of that flight to send to R&D.

Use the DJI GO app to enter "Flight Data Mode".  

1. Click the top right corner of the main screen to enter the settings menu.
2. Choose the blue highlight icon to enter the MC Settings menu.

3. Select Advanced Settings.
4. Select "Enter flight data mode".

There will be a prompt that tells you to connect the Phantom 3 via USB cable and you will be in flight data mode.
A drive will show up on your computer that contains a log file for the most recent times you have turned on your

Only upload the last flight with the issue to Dropbox.
2016-7-26
Use props
Flashman
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-26 15:12
I need the DAT file of tha ...

Sorry for delay in replying but I am working away from home at the moment. I will send file once I return home. Thanks for your time.
2016-7-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Flashman Posted at 2016-7-28 22:40
Sorry for delay in replying but I am working away from home at the moment. I will send file once I ...

No problem, thanks.
2016-7-28
Use props
Flashman
lvl.1
United Kingdom

There appears to be no data file available as I have since formatted the Micro SD card in the Zenmuse X5 camera of my Inspire 1 Pro. I do not suppose there is another way of obtaining this data file is there?
2016-7-30
Use props
Flashman
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-26 15:12
I need the DAT file of tha ...

I do not seem to be alone with this issue. I noted on another forum this on post number 27  http://www.inspirepilots.com/thr ... /page-2#post-114841
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Flashman Posted at 2016-7-30 21:52
There appears to be no data file available as I have since formatted the Micro SD card in the Zenm ...

The instructions I gave you is not to look at firmware results from the SD card. It's to look at the on-board flight data recorder to see why you are getting the errors.
Follow those directions then you will plug in the aircraft to your computer and transfer the DAT file of that flight.
2016-8-1
Use props
ayrshireuav
lvl.3
Flight distance : 957297 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-1 15:08
The instructions I gave you is not to look at firmware results from the SD card. It's to look at t ...

Ken, I've been getting this message too.  I also have a V1 that has been upgraded to carry the X5.  At no time was I told the increase in weight would result in issues with the power output.  All it said was the X5 was compatible and that all I had to do was purchase the equipment from DJI and replace prop parts and gimbal etc.  Ive attached a copy of my flight from tonight.  The list of warnings is unbelievable.  One minute I'm going straight then hangs left then shoots left.  Yet my P4 flies like it should and never has a problem. Ive spent over 10k pounds on DJI equipment in the last year.  If the I1 V1 motors cant handle the X5 and the firmware upgrades then surely I'm entitled to a replacement I1 but a V2.  My I1 is still under warranty.  As it stands my I1 is unreliable, cant be used for commercial work and is unsafe.  Id be grateful for your thoughts.
2016-8-30
Use props
ayrshireuav
lvl.3
Flight distance : 957297 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

copy of errors and issues during very short flight
2016-8-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced