DJI GO App crashes when taking Osmo timelapse videos
1536 11 2016-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
natethegreat80
New

South Korea

I am new to all this video tech stuff and I just bought my Osmo yesterday and am soon headed to Paris and London and wanted to take some timelapse shots.  
The DJI GO app crashes when I try to take any timelapse videos.  Everything else within the app works properly except for the timelapse.  Anyone else having this issue?  Ive reinstalled the app, formatted the sd card and still cant find reason why it is still crashing.  I have the factory sd card, could that be the issue, that it is not large enough?  

Thanks for the help!

2016-6-11
Use props
natethegreat80
New

South Korea

I have an Iphone 5 with current IOS update 5 GB free space on the phone
2016-6-11
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

natethegreat80 Posted at 2016-6-12 11:51
I have an Iphone 5 with current IOS update 5 GB free space on the phone

Dose it crash on all timelapse intervals?
2016-6-11
Use props
natethegreat80
New

South Korea

yes, it will count down once and then the app will crash
2016-6-11
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

natethegreat80 Posted at 2016-6-12 12:44
yes, it will count down once and then the app will crash

What is your timelapse format set to? maybe try to set it to 'Video' not 'JPEG+Video'
Also make sure your Video Standard is set to the correct region.
Completly close all other apps on your phone, while you are using the dji app.
Did you format sd card through the app?
What happens when the app crashes?dose it freeze or blank screen? or....
What FW are you running?
2016-6-11
Use props
natethegreat80
New

South Korea

After further review Ive noticed that the time lapse does in fact work its just the app that is closing.  

I had it set to the highest setting but then read that time lapse needs to be set at 720, so I set it at that also.  

All other apps were closed I did format through the app, at the time I dont have an SD card reader so I cant use anything but the app.  

When the app crashes it closes the app completely and returns to my main phone screen.  I have to go back into the app, but if timelapse is running the app wont open.  

I updated to the latest FW
2016-6-11
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

natethegreat80 Posted at 2016-6-12 15:54
After further review Ive noticed that the time lapse does in fact work its just the app that is clos ...

still not working.....?
2016-6-12
Use props
natethegreat80
New

South Korea

the time lapse works on the camera but I can never view the time lapse through the app because the app keeps closing when I am in time lapse mode
2016-6-12
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

natethegreat80 Posted at 2016-6-12 16:47
the time lapse works on the camera but I can never view the time lapse through the app because the a ...

Ok got it now, the Iphone 5 dose have this problem at times viewing the recorded footage in the app, it did for me to. Do you have another device that you may be able to try?
you better invest in a card reader for your laptop or PC
2016-6-12
Use props
natethegreat80
New

South Korea

I have an ipad mini that I can try...was just thinking about that...

yes i know...as of right now I just connect the camera to my computer via usb
2016-6-12
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
In my judgement, the issue may be out of the mobile device. Please double check the condition of your mobile device. It's a more complex process to shoot the Timelpase, also please check the Osmo WiFi and make sure the WiFi connection is stable enough. There might be still some other App which influences the DJI GO App, make sure that there's no other App running in the background. You can also try to reboot your mobile device or reinstall the DJI GO App.

If there's any update, please let us know.

Thanks.
2016-6-12
Use props
greg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 265495 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have the same hardware and i have the same problem with timelapse.  Has anyone figured this out?  i have uninstalled and reinstalled Go. formatted card from go etc.
2016-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules