New Ronin batteries not working
3971 29 2016-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
reppel
lvl.1

Sweden

I bought 2 Ronin batteries (4350mAh) from the Dji store.

I tested both of them on 3 Ronins now.

They light when I started them, like the original battery, but then they start flashing, and nothing happens.

Anyone has had this issue before?
2016-6-12
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
The new Ronin battery (4350mAh) is only compatible with the latest firmware, so, have you upgraded your Ronin to the latest firmware? Or what's the firmware version of your Ronin?
Also, please make sure you've balanced the camera before powering on the Ronin.

(We find that you've posted the same issue on another thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-55271-1-1.html, let's discuss it further here, thanks for your cooperation)

Wait for your reply.
Thanks.

2016-6-12
Use props
reppel
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi,

It didn't work.

I updated my ronin last week.

Both batteries start and turn off as soon as i press it.
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Would it be possible to provide a small video oh the battery's behavior and could you confirm what firmware versions are currently on your Ronin?
2016-6-14
Use props
reppel
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-14 21:06
Would it be possible to provide a small video oh the battery's behavior and could you confirm what ...

https://vid.me/HyLi
i can check the version on thursday, but last time i checked it, after updating it said it had the latest version.
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

reppel Posted at 2016-6-15 06:07
https://vid.me/HyLi
i can check the version on thursday, but last time i checked it, after updatin ...

Unfortunately I'm having some issues of accessing the video via the link you provided, could you happen to resend it or use a different file sharing program like Dropbox?
2016-6-14
Use props
reppel
lvl.1

Sweden

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r9ff1sp634t8b84/VID_20160614_170201.mp4?dl=0
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

reppel Posted at 2016-6-15 12:29
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r9ff1sp634t8b84/VID_20160614_170201.mp4?dl=0

Hello.
To show the power level of the battery, you need to press the power button very shortly once.
If you want to power on the Ronin, please press the power button for a little longer, and please make sure the battery is firmly inserted into its place.
Please try again and please tell us if there's any feedback.

Thanks,
2016-6-14
Use props
reppel
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi

Check out this following video, with both batteries (first the 4350 bought there and the original one). Camera is not 100% super balanced but it is balanced enough. The 4350 batteri starts, balances and dies, it has happened dozens of times, with other ronin as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4i35u ... 615_154205.mp4?dl=0
2016-6-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

reppel Posted at 2016-6-16 00:08
Hi

Check out this following video, with both batteries (first the 4350 bought there and the origina ...

Just to confirm, did you ensure that the problematic battery is fully seated into the terminal? Have you tried holding down the button during the second press just a bit longer?
2016-6-15
Use props
reppel
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi

Yes, I've made sure it sits well and press longer.
The original battery, I've started it like 50 times, so it also sits in my muscle memory
I thought it might be because it doesn't sit well, but i've made sure it does. I've even had a different person with his own Ronin try by himself.

Like you see on the video, it starts and balances, but dies right away. Am I the first person having this problem?
It happens with two batteries, the two I bought, not just one. Same problem.
2016-6-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

reppel Posted at 2016-6-16 03:15
Hi

Yes, I've made sure it sits well and press longer.

Are you able to get the Ronin to connect to the Assistant app in order to check for any error messages? I know it may be a small time window to get it to register in the app.
2016-6-15
Use props
reppel
lvl.1

Sweden

I think I have some interesting info for you.

I connected a 4350 batteri to the ronin, weightless, started it, and as usual the motors start and die. However, it kept being on, see first picture:

So I was able to connect with my mobile phone. Here are some screen shots that might be relevant:

IMG_20160616_203138.jpg
Screenshot_20160616-203129.png
Screenshot_20160616-203223.png
Screenshot_20160616-203226.png
Screenshot_20160616-203238.png
Screenshot_20160616-203252.png
2016-6-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

reppel Posted at 2016-6-17 03:25
I think I have some interesting info for you.

I connected a 4350 batteri to the ronin, weightless,  ...

Thank you for providing this. Since the battery is displaying as a non intelligent flight battery, you could give this a try. I know that it may seem redundant, but I would like for you to try to power cycle the problematic battery as quickly as possible. It's almost as soon as you see all the LEDs come on after the second press and the second the LEDs go off. This should be done several times, and it should refresh the error and allow the unit to read the battery properly.

I know it sounds odd, but give it a try and let me know the results.
-Edit-

To clarify, you would do this while connected to the Ronin
2016-6-16
Use props
reppel
lvl.1

Sweden

he, I've tried that now with both the batteries.
It doesn't work.
I don't know what more else to do, this shouldn't be normal, and specially with two new batteries.

I've also getting a bit worried as I have a long film starting in a week, and time passes and the batteries keep not working. Does this only happen with me?

What shall I do now? I need extra batteries
2016-6-18
Use props
m.harkin
lvl.1

Australia

reppel Posted at 2016-6-19 04:40
It doesn't work.
I don't know what more else to do, ...

I also have this problem and in the same boat; with work to be done but a completely useless system. I have posted a [http://forum.dji.com/thread-55717-1-1.html]thread with details and screen shots[/url] from the DJI Assistant app but am yet to receive a response.
2016-6-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

reppel Posted at 2016-6-19 02:40
It doesn't work.
I don't know what more else to do, ...

Hello.
Thanks for your cooperation.
May I know where you purchased those 2 new batteries? It seems that your Ronin can't recognize your new battery as an official DJI battery. Again, please check the battery connection.

I'll let our engineers have a look at your case further, if there's any update, I'll come back to you later.
Any further feedback would be appreciated.
2016-6-18
Use props
m.harkin
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-19 14:14
Hello.
May I know where you purchased those 2 new batteries? It seems ...

This is becoming intensely frustrating.

On the very first line of this thread it states the batteries were purchased from the DJI store!!!!
2016-6-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

m.harkin@headof Posted at 2016-6-19 12:37
This is becoming intensely frustrating.

On the very first line of this thread it states the batte ...

Thanks for your prompt confirmation.
I'll keep you informed as soon as I get any diagnose from our engineers.  

*Sorry that it appears to me that your link is an invalid one for some reason. If you have the similar issue, any more detials about the issue would be also appreciated, we'll combine all of your information to make a more correct judgement.  Thanks.

2016-6-18
Use props
reppel
lvl.1

Sweden

Thanks m.harkin

Like I said, we're shooting a feature film next week. With Alexa mini and Master Prime Anamophic lenses, not a school project. And we're dependent on the Ronin.

We bought a Ronin, which was sent to service after a week, unluck I guess. So we bought another one with the thought of having the other one as backup when it comes back.

I've tried everything with the batteries, they're completely useless at the moment, and the clock is ticking.

Can you come back to me then as soon as possible, as I need backup batteries within a week.
2016-6-19
Use props
zhjc
New

Hong Kong

Please press the button longer(about 3 seconds),  and then update firmware of all module  to the latest version
2016-6-19
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

reppel Posted at 2016-6-20 06:55
Thanks m.harkin

Like I said, we're shooting a feature film next week. With Alexa mini and Master Pr ...

Hi Reppel,
In our initial judgement based on the provided information, the problem should be out of the new battery itself. Could you please send the batteries in for our further confirmation? Please tell me the SN. of your new mentioned batteries.

Please contact support.eu@dji.com for replacement. If there's any tracking No., please let me know so that we can help to follow up your case. (Before returning, you please also take Zhic's advice, try to upgrade the firmware to the latest one in Assistant software v2.2, any further feedback would be appreciated.)

2016-6-19
Use props
reppel
lvl.1

Sweden

The system, I believe, has the latest update. Can the GCU be updated?
2016-6-19
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

reppel Posted at 2016-6-20 15:10

Thanks for your prompt response.
Please have a look at the Release Note: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... Notes_en_160418.pdf
As you can find, the latest GCU version is 1.2, if your GCU is older than 1.0, please try to upgrade it firstly in Assistant software 1.8, you can download the Assistant software and the latest firmware at http://www.dji.com/product/ronin/info#downloads

For any issue, please contact us freely.
2016-6-19
Use props
m.harkin
lvl.1

Australia

reppel Posted at 2016-6-20 17:10

Hi Reppel,

I believe that I have just been able to fix the problem. See my post: http://forum.dji.com/thread-55717-1-1.html

You need to be running firmware IMU v3.1 and GCU v1.2 ...BUT...

For me, it meant doing step-by-step upgrades - and to do that I had to go backwards and run v1.8 of the DJI Assistant. Problem is v1.8 would not run on any Mac I tried. Eventually, I used a Surface Pro running Windows 10. The machine connected and I used the older 3400mAh battery to power the Ronin. After signing into to my DJI account (through the app) - the firmware was successfully upgraded.

The Ronin is working, as does the remote and thumb controller... and no "Not DJI Intelligent Battery" error message!!

I hope this works for you.
2016-6-20
Use props
reppel
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi m.harkin

Now, I've finally been able to test that out.
It worked, so thank you a lot.

I wished it had been easier, and that such a solution could have been more widespread as it must happen a lot.
2016-6-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

reppel Posted at 2016-6-24 05:16
Hi m.harkin

Now, I've finally been able to test that out.

Hello Reppel,
Just to confirm, so you've solved your problem by upgrading the firmware to the latest version, haven't you?
Wait for your conformation.

BTW, please be informed that our engineers have made some progress in the Assistant software v2.2 and you can upgrade both the GCU and IMU to the latest versions directly.

2016-6-23
Use props
reppel
lvl.1

Sweden

Yes, the batteries work now, with that method.

Hope it works upgrading on the 2.2, i trred around 24 hours ago and it didn't work then, on the 2.2.
2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

reppel Posted at 2016-6-25 03:04
Yes, the batteries work now, with that method.

Hope it works upgrading on the 2.2, i trred around 2 ...

Thanks for your confirmation.

The Assistant Software v2.2 works now.

Any feedback or suggestion would be appreciated.
2016-6-27
Use props
4bauDHrHYgWy
New

Hi
I bought a dji ronin M
And been trying to charge the battery but it's not working,I don't know if is the battery or the charger,I try two different chargers and still can't get the lights to go full
2016-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules