Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Do i need 3g on my ipad
1708 4 2015-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alejandromoreno
New

Spain

I just bought a phantom 2 vision +. My question is:
I have either a galaxy s2 or an ipad Mini(without 3g). Is it possible to use any of those for flying?

Is the phone/ipad connected to the drone through the wifi expander in the remote control, or through internet?
Best Regards
2015-1-21
Use props
Barney Rubbel
lvl.4
United States

Your phone or tablet does not need to be 3G, just WiFi compatible. The Phantoms control is separate from the WiFi used to bring your camera images to your phone/tablet. All you need is to be able to connect to a WiFi network.   Barney
2015-1-21
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49009 ft
United States

The only issue I think you make have is the maps, if you are going to use the ground station, you have to some way download the maps for your loaction. But other then that, you should now have an issue flying and looking at the video or taking pictures.
2015-1-21
Use props
Barney Rubbel
lvl.4
United States

skymaker6 Posted at 2015-1-22 07:55
The only issue I think you make have is the maps, if you are going to use the ground station, you ha ...

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you can save a map while connected to the internet at home etc., and then use it for ground station out where there is nowhere to get a map. Just make sure it's a map of where you are flying.   I'd double check that though.
2015-1-21
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Barney Rubbel Posted at 2015-1-22 11:02
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you can save a map while connected to the internet at home etc.,  ...

You're right Barney,  look up the map where you will be flying when connected to wifi and save it.  Then when you are in the field and have no connection, you can bring up the map and use it.
2015-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules