How do you tell the Phantom the altitude is 0.0?
766 3 2015-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TSP181
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18258 ft
United States

Before launching my altitude on the iPhone app showed the Phantom V+ 3.0's altitude at 32 feet.   It toggled s2 to reset home point but it didn't change.  I had to keep in mind that I needed to subtract the 32 feet for the entire flight.  
Question - what is the procedure for resetting or base lining the altitude to 0.0 feet prior to launch.   

Thanks,

-TSP181

2015-1-21
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

1.  are you in phantom mode (not naza)?  because you said 'toggle s2 to reset homepoint' which is phantom only, naza is different.  im just curious here i know it isnt your issue.

2.  i thought that altitude isnt reset during flight but was just set as 'zero' at takeoff (and anything above that becomes + and anythign below that becomes -.  i didnt think you could 'reset' altitude (midflight or otherwise).  i thought a homepoint reset just set the gps coords NOT the takeoff altitude.
2015-1-21
Use props
TSP181
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18258 ft
United States

I am in naza mode, flying in GPS.  I didn't  realize the home point reset process was different in naza.   

I had an altitude of 30+ feet "before" Take off.    i thought it would read zero at startup.   
2015-1-21
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

ive seen that too, i thought it was a poor reading from the barometer but i cant say for sure.  i have seen odd altitude readings like that before.
2015-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules