Faulty Compass? P3S
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jelle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 224852 ft
Netherlands

Ive already posted a thread about a problem with the firmware. After i upgraded it, it showed me this problem, wich also occures when downgrading and upgrading again, in lower versions too. Today i found something interesting wich *may* be the problem
I have these errors:

Compass is telling me it needs to be calibrated, But it everytime gives me the strong interferance error, even in the middle of a field.
Well, looking under the sensors tab, the phantom is not showing me any compass data, also when moving it around

Is something wrong with the compass? It worked before i upgraded the firmware, but the problem now occures too in lower versions.
13396524_648467052002079_939930007_o.png
2016-6-13
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

I guess you have tried to go further to a different location? Or somewhere you flew before. There might be iron ores underground that's affecting the compass, just saying.

Since the readings are all zeros, and if you've calibrated the IMU already, then it might be that your compass is broken and you need to contact DJI Support.    The GPS has nothing to do with your compass calibration.

2016-6-13
Use props
Jelle
lvl.1
Netherlands

Ive tried 3 different locations. All of them no success. Sadly, i bought it from a guy last week, and ive saw it flying. When i had it home, i upgraded it right away. The guy i bought it from helped me a little, and wants to buy me a new compass module if it is broken.
IMU Has been calibrated a lot... DJI support doesnt know what is the problem, and they probably want me to send it.
2016-6-13
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Jelle Posted at 2016-6-13 18:35
Ive tried 3 different locations. All of them no success. Sadly, i bought it from a guy last week, an ...

The compass fields have no data in them. Even with a bad calibration, there should be data in those field. The compass sits at the bottom of the landing legs, and may have been damaged by a rough landing. You can buy the legs with the compass installed for very little money, I would replace it. And I doubt it had anything to do with updating the firmware.
2016-6-13
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Jelle, the normal compass mod value should be in the range from 1000 to 2000. Have you tried to calibrate the IMU?
2016-6-13
Use props
Jelle
lvl.1
Netherlands

Yes, Multiple times. Ive been in contact with DJI europe, and they suggest me not to try replacing the module myself. I am sending it in for RMA.
2016-6-13
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Jelle Posted at 2016-6-13 19:53
Yes, Multiple times. Ive been in contact with DJI europe, and they suggest me not to try replacing t ...

I don't know why DJI-Paladin suggests calibrating the IMU.
It has nothing to do with the compass.
As Geebax said, the zeros in the compass data tell the story.
Your compass is either busted or more likely disconnected and will never calibrate until fixed
It could be the connector inside the shell or probably the thin wires going to it are broken.
2016-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules