Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Firmware for Phantom 3 Pro/Adv has been Released
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Barney Rubbel
Captain

mav5257 Posted at 2016-6-13 20:32
Hello, sorry for the stupid question but i'm novice:

I can not update the firmware for a few days . ...

I like to say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." If you find something that works for what you are doing, why change it?  Be careful about the App updates though. If you accidentally update it, then you will need to update your HW. I'm sticking to a previous version (don't have it out to tell you which one right now) until something goes wrong and I have to upgrade.
DISCLAIMER: If you are under warranty and not using the latest firmware and software, you are voiding your warranty. Always keep it up to date at least until the warranty is up.

Edit: Sorry if mentioned above. Did not notice how long the thread was.

Barney
2016-6-13
Use props
jjepilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1000272 ft

Another P3S here with VERY short WiFi range. It's basically useless for taking pictures since video goes away right after take off.
2016-6-13
Use props
myrko123
lvl.1

Romania

Same here, very short range with P3S and 1.6.80 firmware. Video link very very short also. Thanks.
2016-6-13
Use props
soumyajyoti nat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 179669 ft
India

irp Posted at 2016-6-14 02:50
5 people ask the same question, DJI-Ken ignores all 5 of us. Clearly DJI doesn't want to lose it's r ...

Yes dji ken .you know about the range prob of p3s very well. DJI release new firmware for better performance and fix if any prob in previous firmware. Is int it ? ? So plz face the question and answer it .tell us any suggestions like PURCHASE A NEW P3PRO OR P4  AND PUT OUR P3S  AS ARCHIVE .  PLZ DONT SILENT. THIS IS NOT EXPECTED FROM YOUR DJI SIDE .
2016-6-13
Use props
soumyajyoti nat
lvl.1
India

irp Posted at 2016-6-14 02:50
5 people ask the same question, DJI-Ken ignores all 5 of us. Clearly DJI doesn't want to lose it's r ...

Yes dji ken you know very well about p3s range prob. Dji release new firmware for improvement our drone and also fix if any prob in previous firmware.is int it ?? So what about this case? WHY U R SILENT? Tell us further suggestions like PURCHASE NEW P3PRO OR P4 AND PUT OUR P3S AS ARCHIVE. BUT PLZ FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST US.
2016-6-13
Use props
soumyajyoti nat
lvl.1
India

Yes dji ken you know very well about p3s range prob. Dji release new firmware for improvement our drone and also fix if any prob in previous firmware.is int it ?? So what about this case? WHY U R SILENT? Tell us further suggestions like PURCHASE NEW P3PRO OR P4 AND PUT OUR P3S AS ARCHIVE. BUT PLZ FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST US.
2016-6-13
Use props
yipee1
lvl.1

Greece

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-13 23:56
What issues are you having, can you please explain in detail.
What device are you using, is it on  ...

Good morning Ken
Dji have had many instances on this forum where customers have complained about short distance disconnections after the Go app update 2.8.1 to 2.8.3 I the hardware has not been changed from 2.8.1 which was working perfectly well yet cannot understand this issue has not been addressed .

Also this has nothing to do with aerial position or usage and always set for optimum transmission quality in relation to the drone and user ? On a500 metre flight last time out it must have disconnected 12 times during the flights as well as poor to non exsistant live feed to my iPad 2 mini .

I'm also using a brand new Apple cable of which I've tried 3 !

I cannot make excuses for the go app not working
2016-6-13
Use props
david.vsk
New

Czechia

soumyajyoti nat Posted at 2016-6-14 09:31
Yes dji ken you know very well about p3s range prob. Dji release new firmware for improvement our d ...

Be careful what you writing here! I've P3S with "RC signal lost" issues after FW update (range is now only 20-30m). I complained here and I founded new thread for other users with same problems with subject "WARNING FOR DJI COMPANY: There are many users with RC signal lost issues" and they deleted this thread and banned my user account! They are cheaters! DJI Phantom 3 Standard is piece of scrap!
Výstřižek.JPG
2016-6-14
Use props
labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Barney Rubbel Posted at 2016-6-14 14:50
I like to say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." If you find something that works for what you are ...

"DISCLAIMER: If you are under warranty and not using the latest firmware and software, you are voiding your warranty. Always keep it up to date at least until the warranty is up."
DJI people on this forum have acknowledged that this is not true.
It's just another forum myth.
2016-6-14
Use props
mmvideostudio.m

Bulgaria

For me, these are some scammers!
So many people complain and they do nothing!
Or you can set it or antenna or cable ...
I initiate legal proceedings against them for lost profits !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DJI, not done so in this way business business.
Or are incompetent or have any cheaters !!!
2016-6-14
Use props
dkingfield
New

United States

Just received Phantom 3 Pro Sat, and updated to the 1.9.60 firmware. RC controller indicated that firmware update is required. Found out that my package must of been old production and the RC controller software version is 1.1.8 when it should be 1.6. Spoke to Customer service and they verified this and told me that they will post on download page under Firmware RC controller ver 1.3.2 which will allow my DJI Go app to update thru cell phone connection to the 1.6 version. Right now it is not able to udate with 1.1.8. Also was told to down load to a hot stick and plug 1.3.2 into back of RC controller only with aircraft off.  Note I get video to the DJI go app but have no control over aircraft. Conflict of new firmware and a RC controller software clinch is the root cause!
The software was to be put back up on download page today, but still don't see it?????I don't get it?????
I am down flying until I can get this resolved!!!!!{:4_157:}

2016-6-14
Use props
Kyokushin
Captain
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-13 17:28
Sorry, link attached.
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock

How about NFZ over the Poland? I cant see any on the new map.
2016-6-14
Use props
Trailkill
First Officer
Flight distance : 317031 ft
  • >>>

After updating my Phantom 3 Advanced to 1.9.60 with the battery removed I keep getting intermittent sound of the motors starting. This has been going on all last night and today. Anyone having this strange problem?

Trailkill
2016-6-14
Use props
mmvideostudio.m

Bulgaria

Each drone responds to the new update differently !!!
It's funny, even deplorable !!!
This means that it is assembled in a different way !!!
2016-6-14
Use props
mmvideostudio.m

Bulgaria

GRIEF!!!
{:4_157:}
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kyokushin Posted at 2016-6-14 19:48
How about NFZ over the Poland? I cant see any on the new map.

I don't think Poland will be included in the GEO app (not sure though) so if there isn't any NFZ's in the GOE map then you may be fine.
We won't know for sure until the GEO firmware is applied.
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jjepilot Posted at 2016-6-14 13:13
Another P3S here with VERY short WiFi range. It's basically useless for taking pictures since video  ...

What device are you using, if you are using a approved device that's on the DJI recommended list and you have the antennas pointed correctly and your aircraft loses signal just after you take off then your aircraft has a serious problem and you need to send it in ASAP to be repaired.
Please contact DJI support and send it in.
http://www.dji.com/support
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

yipee1@live.co. Posted at 2016-6-14 15:37
Good morning Ken
Dji have had many instances on this forum where customers have complained about  ...

If you have the antennas pointed correctly as you say you are and you are using a Mini2 and you are flying in a interference free area and you go 500m and get disconnected 12 times then you need to send your aircraft in for repair.
When this happens is the signal meter drop or does it stay at full signal strength?
Please to to a totally open field free of any buildings and go out 500m and if you get disconnects and the signal bar says full strength then please send your aircraft in for repair.
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

david.vsk@sezna Posted at 2016-6-14 16:26
Be careful what you writing here! I've P3S with "RC signal lost" issues after FW update (range is n ...

As I posted earlier, if you can only get 20-30cm and that is outside then you need to send your aircraft in for repair.
Please contact DJi Support and have a RMA started.
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dkingfield@aol. Posted at 2016-6-14 17:49
Just received Phantom 3 Pro Sat, and updated to the 1.9.60 firmware. RC controller indicated that fi ...

if you have no control of the aircraft and the light on the RC is red all you have to do is relink the RC to the aircraft.
What version is your RC on now? Your RC needs to be on 1.6 if your aircraft is on 1.8 or higher.
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Trailkill Posted at 2016-6-14 20:12
After updating my Phantom 3 Advanced to 1.9.60 with the battery removed I keep getting intermittent  ...

You are saying there is no power to the aircraft but yet the the motors are making sounds and it's been doing it all night and today that doesn't seem possible as there is no internal battery in the aircraft.
Can you please post a video.
2016-6-14
Use props
Spider210
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-14 03:50
Can you post a screenshot of the About and Status page.

Uploading
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Your screenshots show that you have downloaded the 1.6 RC firmware and waiting for the upgrade.
make sure you are on a good WiFi signal.
What happens after you tap "Start Upgrade"
2016-6-14
Use props
PeVee
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-13 15:54
Format the SD card, download the Zip file from the correct DJI webpage (Pro or Advanced)
Extract t ...

The green light that shows the process is taking place never blinks.  I never get the file on the sd card that confirms a good/bad update.  The process never initiates.
2016-6-14
Use props
redkop1570
lvl.1
Flight distance : 772149 ft
  • >>>

After the 1.9.60 update, my battery life went down a bit from 100%/ 32 times charged...now drop to 97%..any thoughts?
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

redkop1570 Posted at 2016-6-15 00:06
After the 1.9.60 update, my battery life went down a bit from 100%/ 32 times charged...now drop to 9 ...

it's probably more of a true reading
2016-6-14
Use props
jjepilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1000272 ft

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-14 21:53
What device are you using, if you are using a approved device that's on the DJI recommended list a ...

I'm using iPad Air. I also tried my iPhone 6+ and it has the same results. If I had to make a guess, it's like the WiFi antenna is disconnected. When the P3S is on the ground and ready to take off, if I step away from the aircraft I can see the WiFi signal loose 1 or 2 bars. RC signal always remains strong.
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PeVee Posted at 2016-6-14 23:30
The green light that shows the process is taking place never blinks.  I never get the file on the  ...

Can you take screenshot of the About page, if it shows 1.8+ then you are updated and if the TXT file shoes 1.9 then you are updated.
When you say green light, during the update process the P3 camera LED alternates red/green and solid green when finished.
Can you post the TXT file and also the hidden log file if you have not formatted the SD card.
If you have formatted the SD card then reinstall the firmware and then post the results.

2016-6-14
Use props
Rnfaust
Second Officer
Flight distance : 734938 ft

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-13 23:07
If you do not update, the aircraft will still fly just fine.
For this update there is a battery fi ...

Ken
Will the battery update with the P3A firmware update and at the same time? I don't see any indication that the battery has updated.
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Rnfaust Posted at 2016-6-15 00:33
Ken
Will the battery update with the P3A firmware update and at the same time? I don't see any ind ...

Yes it will. When you install your other batteries and power up with the firmware still on the SD card it will install onto the extra batteries.
If when you power everything up and it doesn't say battery requires update then your good.
2016-6-14
Use props
endotherm
Captain
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

I just updated my P3A and four batteries.  No problems.  I must say it was the most painless upgrade yet.  Did I notice the beeping sound is quieter this time round?  I just kept an eye on the gimbal LED, it flashed red and green and when it was steady green it changed its beeping tone and it was done.  Another nice addition was the status screen on the controller/mobile device, showing percentage completed.  (My unit is a P3 despite the P4 in the screenshots...)

IMG_0115.PNG     IMG_0116.PNG

With the initial upgrade, once it turned green I checked the text file on the microSD card and confirmed success.  I then ran the update again and it appeared to upgrade the battery separately.  I then swapped out the remaining three batteries.  I will check/adjust IMU etc later today.
2016-6-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Wow, Thanks!! Man, you just reminded me, I haven't chilled my drone yet, and recalibrate  my IMU and Gimbal... hahaha.

Will proceed to that urgent task, immediately.  I knew there was something I had forgotten about... Oh my... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-6-14
Use props
WolvesSi
lvl.1

United Kingdom

With so many standard users losing RC signal after the last firmware upgrade isn't it pretty obvious it's the software?? I am massively annoyed with DJI.with extra batteries and case I have £800 worth of drone stuff sat about unusable.
2016-6-14
Use props
PeVee
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-14 12:30
Can you take screenshot of the About page, if it shows 1.8+ then you are updated and if the TXT fi ...

I formatted the card.
I tried the 1.08 bin file and nothing happens with that either.
I never get a txt file on the root of the card that lets me know if the update was sucessful or not.

Screenshot_2016-06-14-13-59-38.png
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PeVee Posted at 2016-6-15 02:31
I formatted the card.
I tried the 1.08 bin file and nothing happens with that either.
I never get  ...

which aircraft do you have and can you post a link to the DJI page you are downloading from.
2016-6-14
Use props
helidan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459951 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

@ DJI-Ken,

what is DJI's OFFICIAL stance on re calibrating everything after a FW update?

2016-6-14
Use props
PeVee
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-14 15:10
which aircraft do you have and can you post a link to the DJI page you are downloading from.

I think I have the Phantom Pro, the gold stripes.  The gold label says "Phantom 4K."

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-pro/info#downloads
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PeVee Posted at 2016-6-15 03:46
I think I have the Phantom Pro, the gold stripes.  The gold label says "Phantom 4K."

http://www.d ...

That's the problem, you do not have the Phantom Professional. You have the Phantom 3 4k and that one is updated via WiFi and not an SD card. And you do not use a USB cable to connect the RC to the phone/tablet as it's WiFi and not Lightbridge like the Pro/Advanced.You are on the latest firmware update.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ote_en_20160509.pdf
2016-6-14
Use props
irp
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-6-14
Use props
PeVee
lvl.1
United States

irp Posted at 2016-6-14 15:57
You have a Phantom 4k, and if you paid for a Pro, you've been swindled out of a lot of money!

Paid $650 USD
2016-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules