Loosing WiFi at very short range. RC signal is good.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jjepilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

P3S: Ican't get more than about 100 feet away and I loose video downlink. I use to have great range; like 2,500 feet and at times more. I can even see the wifi signal icon start dropping just as I'm taking off.  Is the wifi antenna the gray wire extending down the landing gear and attached inside the gimbal? Is it possible that the antenna has become disconnected? I have all of the current firmware and tried re linking the remote but no change.
2016-6-13
Use props
unklodie
New

Indonesia

mine got the same issue too. its not the quad or the RC. the real issue is actually with the latest firmware (1.6.80)

try to downgrade

The Steps :
1. Download the firmware at http://phantomhelp.com/Mobile/Phantom-3-Standard/#FirmwareArchive and select the fw that you want .bin file format

2. Insert the file to sd card, outside folder, and must be the only one .bin file format

3. Turn on the RC and the drone without sd card until it connect (RC and Drone)

4. Connect to DJI GO App (to see downgrade status stay at front page of the app)

5. Insert the sd card. Then the downgrade process is starting and rear led will turn to yellow and there will be beep sound from the drone (it is normal). See at DJI GO app, there will be status bar show the downgrade process. If the rear led becomes green it means the process is complete, you also can see the succes notice at DJI GO App.

6. Restart the RC and Drone, connect DJI GO App, check the FW. Finish.

I hope it can help the issue of 1.6.80 firmware for Phantom 3 Standard

NOTE : DO IT WITH YOUR OWN RISK!

source : http://forum.dji.com/thread-52777-1-1.html
2016-6-13
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
Second Officer
Flight distance : 244856 ft
Italy

unklodie Posted at 2016-6-14 09:50
mine got the same issue too. its not the quad or the RC. the real issue is actually with the latest  ...

Hi,
i downgraded my p3s firmware but it doesn't work. I mean, my firmware was downgraded but the range issue remain.
I send my p3s back to dji repair service and they have replaced (as they said) my old one with a new one.
May be next week i will receive my (new) p3s back and i will test it.
2016-6-14
Use props
wmcvey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

It can't be just the new firmware, as not everyone is having the short range issue with 1.6.80. I for one installed it and my drone works as well if not better than before at 1.5.70. As I'm new at flying drones I still have been using the limiter, and currently have it set to the max, 500m. In the past I've had issues with range as low as 300m in, so got me one of those Windsurfer mod add-ons. With the mod and the new firmware 1.6.80 I can go out to 500m all day. I'm thinking to turn off the limiter the next time I'm out and push it to 1000m.
2016-6-14
Use props
jjepilot
lvl.3

wmcvey Posted at 2016-6-15 04:31
It can't be just the new firmware, as not everyone is having the short range issue with 1.6.80. I fo ...

I agree that it can't be just the firmware. I was getting over 3,000 ft distance all the time. I want to do an extender too but I want to get the root of the problem fixed first.
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

jjepilot Posted at 2016-6-15 04:36
I agree that it can't be just the firmware. I was getting over 3,000 ft distance all the time. I w ...

If you are experiencing this and you have tried all the troubleshooting tips then as the prior person posted he sent it in and it was replaced and another one being sent to him.
That's all you have to do, again if you are operating in an interference free area and doing everything right and are getting short distances to the extreme then send it in and have it exchanged.
2016-6-14
Use props
wmcvey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

jjepilot Posted at 2016-6-14 16:36
I agree that it can't be just the firmware. I was getting over 3,000 ft distance all the time. I w ...

I'm sure you've look into this, but the windsurfer mod is like $15. and just slips on and off. Might do the DBS mod after its not so new and I feel it's okay to open up the controller. For now I'm ok with just the Windsurfer.
2016-6-14
Use props
jjepilot
lvl.3

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-15 04:39
If you are experiencing this and you have tried all the troubleshooting tips then as the prior per ...

Thanks Ken. I've started the process with DJI Help Center. I appreciate you're help as well.
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

jjepilot Posted at 2016-6-15 05:09
Thanks Ken. I've started the process with DJI Help Center. I appreciate you're help as well.

No problem, and sorry you are experiencing an issue.
2016-6-14
Use props
jjepilot
lvl.3

wmcvey Posted at 2016-6-15 05:06
I'm sure you've look into this, but the windsurfer mod is like $15. and just slips on and off. Mig ...

I will probably do one of the extender upgrades but if the WiFi components are bad, that probably wouldn't help much so I'll get the root problem solved first.
2016-6-14
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

You've made certain WiFi is turned off on your device?
You've made sure you have your cell phonee (if you have one on you) in Airplane mode?

(I know, probably didn't even need mentioning...but I've forgotten occasionally)
2016-6-14
Use props
gullisig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-6-14 22:00
You've made certain WiFi is turned off on your device?
You've made sure you have your cell phonee (i ...

It's P3S it use WiFi to connect to Rc.
2016-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules