New firmware update / Geolock
4878 31 2016-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alanatabz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29459 ft
United Kingdom

I see V1.9.1.10 was released yesterday with an updated database for Flight Restriction Zone database.

For 2 weeks now I have been ping ponging emails back to flysafe@DJI and still not solved the underlying problem.

I have a job at Aberdeen Airport, this will be done before flying starts in the Early am.

I unlocked the "authorisation zone" on the flysafe

The problem is when I come to fly the Inspire, it says "restricted area! cannot fly

The website states

"Restricted Zone. In these Zones, which appear red the DJI GO app, users will be prompted with a warning and flight is prevented. Example Restricted Zone: Washington D.C. If you believe you have authorization to operate in a Restricted Zone, please contact flysafe@dji.com"

I have emailed them the permission of the airport. my PFAW, Screen shots etc, but don't

Anybody any suggestions?
2016-6-13
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>

Did the finally issue the unlocking version, not BETA.
2016-6-14
Use props
przejoozwik
New

Poland

Hello, I have the same problem as the alanatabz has.
I'm from Poland and I have permission for flight but I can't unlock the zone because on the DJI GEO map zone doesn't marked.
Please help, my software is: App: 2.8.3, Aircraft: 1.4.00.10+, Remote Controller: 1.5.70.
I was think about some downgrate, it is doable?
Please help.

Best
2016-6-14
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tharg,   You are so correct.
2016-6-14
Use props
flighttime1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-6-14 13:23
Yes - the answer is not to use a DJI platform that Nannies you.

With the latest round of restrictio ...

Tharg...  You are ignoring the overwhelming public opinion that drones are a threat to their safety. Sadly, a few folks that get their kicks endangering others have poisoned the well and we are currently paying for it. I have to assume that as we move forward, those that are actually professionals will have a vehicle to get all legitimate work done within the guidelines. For now, what we may be seeing is DJI showing that they first, can restrict flights in certain air spaces. That's got to be the first step to not having even more onerous regulations imposed on everyone. For the OP.... I have to ask why flying AT the airport is so important. You didn't state that is was part of your job and from what I read, it's just would be nice to fly your bird at the airport. Hardly what I consider a major setback. Correct me if I'm wrong on that please.
2016-6-14
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

does litchi or autopilot have the same restrictions?
2016-6-14
Use props
alanatabz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Progress.....

Resend the details to DJI, this included :-

(1) Copy of permission from the airport that I can fly a drone in the area airside before flying starts for the day for publicity shots for them
(2) Copy of my PFAW
(3) Flight Controller Serial No
(4) Lat/Long of the area I want to operate and the radius
(5) My DJI login
(6) Date I need to unlock the flying for

I notice in the new geo maps, the area I want to fly in is now "Restricted Zone" last week it was an "Authorisation Zone". The new update seems now to align with what's on the DJI go map (which was always restricted). So that mismatch has been sorted - both now read "restricted"

DJI have advised they have passed the details onto an engineer and I will hear in 2 working days..... only 1 day to go now!

2016-6-14
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

alanatabz Posted at 2016-6-15 13:23
Progress.....

Resend the details to DJI, this included :-

odd... no NDA?
2016-6-14
Use props
alanatabz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Im in the UK, The NDA is a US of A thing.
2016-6-15
Use props
przejoozwik
New

Poland

alanatabz, the correct adress for flysafe is flysafe@dji.com, right?
2016-6-15
Use props
alanatabz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Correct

they normally take a day or too to come back to you and you may have to repeat yourself a few times
2016-6-15
Use props
przejoozwik
New

Poland

ok, great, thanks.
anyway it is very frustrating situacion...funny but in the bad way

Best
2016-6-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

przejoozwik Posted at 2016-6-15 18:08
alanatabz, the correct adress for flysafe is , right?

That is the correct email for GEO information.
2016-6-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

The GEO is being worked on and will be released soon. NFZ's  in your app may conflict with the FlySafe Geo webpage. it will all be sorted out soon and you'll be able to use the GEO system if you want to.
keep an eye on these two pages.

http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock
2016-6-15
Use props
alanatabz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Latest progress....remembering this is for a restricted area not an authorisaed area

I Went to download a link sent to me my the DJI team, it's some "unlimited" App with the login the gave me.

App loads ok,   When I try to run it, my iphone says (assume same if I try on ipad later) that it is not a trusted app and won't allow me to run it, it doesn't even give me the choice to run it anyway.

I have sent a note back to Safefly team to see what I do next.  yet another show stopper.

2016-6-15
Use props
alanatabz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

That's that solved.  You can go into the IOS settings and select the app you want to trust.

Just waiting for the unlock to be confirmed then I can try and see if it all waorks.
2016-6-15
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

alanatabz Posted at 2016-6-15 10:54

Afraid not - NDA Agreement

They are used all over the world
2016-6-15
Use props
alanatabz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Still no joy

Loaded the unlimited go app sent by DJI.  Logged in with the details they gave.  Unlocked it as per the instructions.......

Tried to fly it, and said "cannot fly in a no fly zone"

Back to DJI support
2016-6-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

alanatabz Posted at 2016-6-17 02:26
Still no joy

Loaded the unlimited go app sent by DJI.  Logged in with the details they gave.  Unloc ...

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues. Just to clarify, have you heard back from the FlySafe team as to whether you were re-approved, sort of speak, for the restricted area?  DJI is working to move Geo from Beta to Public, which we should have more details soon as per Ken's previous post.
2016-6-16
Use props
alanatabz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I sent them the details last night following the latest failure to get the Inspire in the air.

On the original request I covered a 4 week period, so the unlock should be live and good to go. I also specified the location and range I need to operate in.

With the work requiring to do the work at 04:30am, I will be losing the daylight shortly unless I can get the Inspire to fly in the restricted area.

Awaiting a response today. Then I will go and do a test at the airport to ensure I can fly before committing to doing the actual work. This is the 3rd weekend since I was given the job to do and the only thing that is stopping me is the software.

2016-6-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

alanatabz Posted at 2016-6-17 14:05
I sent them the details last night following the latest failure to get the Inspire in the air.

On t ...

I am sorry you are experiencing this, I will send an email to the FlySafe team. What is your email you login to the GO app with?
2016-6-17
Use props
alanatabz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Update

Did some testing at the airport in the carpark beside the security post.

(1) No Internet access, so used mobile phone "hotspot"
(2) On Ipad (Inspire RC) connected to phone hotspot
(3) Opened DJI Go Unlimit app
(4) connected to Inspure as normal.
(5) Selected "unlimit" option which generates a code
(6) On code, slide Unlimit and accept unlock prompts, says RC is bow unlimited
(7) Fly Inspire 1
(8) when you land, steps (5) to (7) as this needs to be done for evey flight.

Now I know / understand / liaised with Flysafe team I plan to do the work at the airport this coming weekend once Airside ops have arranged things.

All looks promising.

2016-6-19
Use props
alanatabz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Update again.

The above post works!

I did the flight in a restricted area at 04:30am before the airport opened and with the assistance of airside ops driving me round, got some pretty good images!

2016-6-26
Use props
nikolaospaschal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3093517 ft
  • >>>
Greece

What about Greece guys , i see no warning signs etc...
2016-6-27
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

alanatabz Posted at 2016-6-15 17:54

No it's not.
I'm in SEAsia and I know that first hand mate
2016-6-28
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

vonbaron1 Posted at 2016-6-14 22:23
Tharg,   You are so correct.

I probably was but my posts get deleted now if they get too near the truth.
2016-6-28
Use props
przejoozwik
New

Poland

hello,

I'm in procedure like alanatabz was but I can't get the MC serial number. GO app told me it's not available.
Please help.
2016-7-3
Use props
alanatabz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

The Flight controller serial no is found in the DJI go app, I made the mistake fo thinking it was the Inspire serial no, or that of the controller.

It's found on the app by scrolling the screen down. This is a number that starts with 041xxxxxxxx

If the flight controller no shows N/A, then I would change the cable between the controller and the ipad/iPhone you are running DJI go on. I had a small coily cable I bought on the internet to link my ipad to the controller, that was the cause of the N/A serial no

2016-7-4
Use props
alanatabz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Yet again I tried to do work at a local airport (outwith flight times) to cover the building of a new terminal

Sadly, yet again the Unlimit (unlocking) didn't work and I had to leave without doing the work.

There must be a better / easier way to control and manage this?

If the holder has (based on the UK)

(1) PFAW from the CAA
(2) Liability Insurance
(3) Permission from the airport
(4) Airport security / Access

Then the right to fly in that area should be given.

All this loading "unlimit" app, getting codes, getting network connections (in the middle of an airfield is not easy) is having an adverse effect on my jobs.

I have spent about 5 times arside, and of which the unlimt has only worked once!

Awaiting DJI (Blair Tang) to advise on next step so I can get this commercial job done.

2016-8-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

alanatabz Posted at 2016-8-30 21:39
Yet again I tried to do work at a local airport (outwith flight times) to cover the building of a ne ...

I am sorry, but you've contacted the right person and Blair will get back to you.
2016-8-30
Use props
alanatabz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Blair has contacted me, so will try again to check the new server licence works.

I'm nervous about turning up at the airport on a high profile job only for it to go wrong, time and time again.
2016-8-31
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

alanatabz Posted at 2016-8-31 09:37
Blair has contacted me, so will try again to check the new server licence works.

I'm nervous about  ...

But then again, airport management, more than anyone, should understand and even appreciate the manufacturers erring on the side of protecting critical airspace.
2016-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules