Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Free "Easy Snap-On Prop Guards"
2550 25 2016-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
giufini
lvl.2
Flight distance : 399039 ft
Italy

Hi guys, have a look at my "Easy Snap-On Prop Guards":

No more screws and just few seconds to mount and unmount 4 propeller guards on the Phantom 3!

If you have a 3D printer you can download the free STL model at:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1618826

2016-6-13
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

I've never used prop guards myself but I do like the way  these ones can be attached without  having to interfere with the motor mounting  screws.
2016-6-14
Use props
bobasbury
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very smart design.
2016-6-14
Use props
Flight Raptor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any plan to sell these?   Can you get two in white and two in orange?
2016-6-14
Use props
Waxwings
lvl.2

Very nice design Giuseppe, you really should patent those. I have the removable ones that snap into a base mounted to the quad motor and dislike them a lot. They interfere with case for the quad and are made out of very cheap plastic. I have stopped using them now but no one had a better solution. Yours are good
2016-6-14
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Very nice. Shame the video didn't show the motors running or at least manually spin the props so we can see how much clearance there is.

I'm a little concerned with how they will react after bumped, especially up.  Will they slide off the arms enough to collide with and foul the props, then stay in that position?  It might cause a complete stall rather than grazing the spinning props and return to normal.  It may need a locking ring around the ends at the arm to prevent them spreading and loosening enough to shift up and become dislodged.  Maybe a strap of double-sided velcro like those used for cable ties?

What size print bed is required for the unit?  I only have a small printer, 150mm square, and I don't think it will fit .
2016-6-14
Use props
giufini
lvl.2
Italy

endotherm Posted at 2016-6-14 16:52
Very nice. Shame the video didn't show the motors running or at least manually spin the props so we  ...

During next weekend I'll record a video to answer to your questions ;-)
Right now, I can tell you that the print bed must be at least 20x20 centimeters.
2016-6-14
Use props
giufini
lvl.2
Italy

endotherm Posted at 2016-6-14 16:52
Very nice. Shame the video didn't show the motors running or at least manually spin the props so we  ...

Here it is... The video of the test of my "Easy Snap-On Prop Guards":

2016-6-18
Use props
sergio.go
lvl.2

United States

giufini Posted at 2016-6-18 08:34
https://www.youtub ...

Not bad at all
2016-6-18
Use props
Waxwings
lvl.2

giufini Posted at 2016-6-18 20:34
https://www.youtub ...

Excellent!!!!......who could ask for anything more???
2016-6-18
Use props
giufini
lvl.2
Italy

Flight Raptor Posted at 2016-6-14 14:37
Any plan to sell these?   Can you get two in white and two in orange?

Hi, thank you for your interest in my product.

I have started to sell this props as a kit of 4 pcs.
Colors available are white, black or grey.

You can find more info at my thingiverse page:
2016-6-18
Use props
Barney Rubbel
lvl.4

Very nice! You should sell them on ebay if you are not already. For us folks in the U.S., at the current exchange rate, they look to be ~$41 which includes shipping. Very reasonable considering they are coming from Europe. Thank you sir!  Edit: Very kind of you to share your 'blueprints' too!

Barney
2016-6-18
Use props
dbortolli
lvl.1

Very nice, man! I've been looking for something like this since after I saw this one for the P4. Now I just need to find someone that can print them for me

2016-6-18
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer

Australia

giufini Posted at 2016-6-19 02:59
Hi, thank you for your interest in my product.

I have started to sell this props as a kit of 4 pc ...

I will seriously have to consider getting some of these.

If I was to order two sets at once, how would that affect the shipping charge?  Is it the same cost to package and send two sets at once, or is it cheaper than paying two shipping charges?  I am paying the "Rest of the World" rate so it is already quite expensive.
2016-6-19
Use props
giufini
lvl.2
Italy

endotherm Posted at 2016-6-19 11:58
I will seriously have to consider getting some of these.

If I was to order two sets at once, how  ...

Hi, ordering two sets at once of "Easy Snap-On Prop Guards", the shipment by International Registered Mail to Australia costs only € 20.90 EUR.
Have a look at my thingiverse page to get info about payment method:
Thank you ;-)
2016-6-19
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I would worry about vertical stability.  If you lower the drone into a branch, will it force the guard up into the blade, or will it strongly hold it in position, possibly saving a prop strike?
2016-6-19
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer

Australia

giufini Posted at 2016-6-20 01:26
Hi, ordering two sets at once of "Easy Snap-On Prop Guards", the shipment by International Register ...

Out of curiosity, does Zortrax Z-HIPS filament come in other colours other than white/black/grey?  If not, do you know if they could be dyed different colours, like some others on this forum have done with their propellers?  I haven't had any experience with that particular plastic before.
2016-6-19
Use props
giufini
lvl.2
Italy

endotherm Posted at 2016-6-20 06:20
Out of curiosity, does Zortrax Z-HIPS filament come in other colours other than white/black/grey?  ...

Last weekend I tested a different type of material, the Zortrax Z-ULTRAT filament, and the results were great!
So, it is now possible to order the "Easy Snap-On Prop Guards" with these materials and colors:
Z-HIPS (Black, Grey, White)
Z-ULTRAT (Black, Ivory, Brown, Green, Red, Orange, Yellow, Blue)

The price is still the same for any combination of materials and colors ;-)
Please note that, where not differently specified, default material is Z-HIPS and default color is White.

Have a look at my Thingiverse page for info about costs and availability.

2016-6-19
Use props
giufini
lvl.2
Italy

Hi guys, have a look at the new available colors:
Prop Guards Colors 2.jpg

As already said in the initial post, I have personally designed this accessory and made it available for FREE at the following Thingiverse.com page:

However, if you don't have a 3D printer, the "Easy Snap-On Prop Guards" are available as a ready to use kit for your Phantom 3 at € 22.90 EUR + shipping.
They are made with a professional-grade 3D printer, using high-quality impact resistant materials for best results.

2016-7-24
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

Sweeeeet! I have been interested in this type of mounting first time I have seen it!  How about trying something that "ducts" the props?
2016-7-24
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Ingenious! Thanks for your contribution to the community by sharing the free 3D model.
2016-7-24
Use props
giufini
lvl.2
Italy

CaveDrone Posted at 2016-7-24 23:52
Sweeeeet! I have been interested in this type of mounting first time I have seen it!  How about tryi ...

Hi CaveDrone, what do you mean with "something that ducts the props"?
2016-7-27
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

Giufini,  sorry been busy with work...  here's a rather long winded video showing a Prop Duct that might be made to attach to a Phantom.  To help prevent cracking of the motor mounts, keep fingers out of the props, act as a obstacle guard and maybe increase efficiency and thrust.

Jim
2016-8-7
Use props
Consultant
lvl.2

United States

CaveDrone Posted at 2016-8-8 05:34
Giufini,  sorry been busy with work...  here's a rather long winded video showing a Prop Duct that m ...

Keyword in your post at the end is "maybe" as he points out it only works if the extra lift is more than the additional weight.  I think if this could have been implemented, DJI would have already done it.
2016-9-19
Use props
warloc59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 209160 ft
  • >>>

I would buy a set from you if you'd sell.  
2016-9-23
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

I recently purchased 16 of these. Paid for them on Jan 27 and was delivered on Feb 6. Which isn't bad considering Italy to SoCal. Was actually able to fly a bit yesterday with these on my P3P. The fit and finish of these is amazing. Now I've flown my P3P with other snap on/off guards that have the bases screw to bottom of arms, and with or without the guards snapped on the extra thickness of the bases sticking down creates all kinds of drag and turbulence which I noticed affects both  speed and also creates an awful horrible wobble upon decent. I've also used the OEM DJI guards which create none of the above mentioned, but since they screw on it makes on/off in the field rather difficult. Now these prop guards don't hang lower than arms so there's none of that extra hanging to create drag and turbulence, installing and removing is simple and amazing just snap on/off of the arms. In my comparison they form and function just like the OEM DJI ones which makes a big WIN in my book, but very simple to remove for storage in a backpack.
Definitely a must have for anyone looking.
Thanks a very Happy Customer
James
2017-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules