Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Low cost tablets that will work with the DJI app and the drone.
12Next >
15520 46 2016-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
varunnahar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 42585 ft
India

Any suggestions guys? My budget is less than $100.
2016-6-14
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
Captain
Flight distance : 244856 ft
Italy

I have to test it, but i installed dji go on a kindle fire hd 7'. ;)
2016-6-14
Use props
vandruten
lvl.4

Indonesia

Wow good idea! But I'd recommend that you don't install anything except the Go App on it. You'll need heaps of RAM resources as much as possible to fly. If not then you'll most probably end up with lags and I don't know what other problems might occur during flight.

https://tablet.ninja/finding-the-best-tablets-under-100/
http://www.1mtb.com/top-6-androi ... blet-under-100-usd/

Happy shopping!
2016-6-14
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
Captain
Italy

vandruten Posted at 2016-6-14 14:32
Wow good idea! But I'd recommend that you don't install anything except the Go App on it. You'll nee ...

Well i tested inside my house (p3s on my table ) and i had no lag.
Keep in mind that my actual device is a moto g 3rd generation (1gb ram) and it works great
2016-6-14
Use props
vandruten
lvl.4

Indonesia

jacopo.marcoval Posted at 2016-6-14 20:23
Well i tested inside my house (p3s on my table  ) and i had no lag.
Keep in mind that my actual  ...

Happy flying, Jacopo!
2016-6-14
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
Captain
Italy

Thank you   You too
I hope to receive my p3s soon so i will test my kindle fire
2016-6-14
Use props
Zippy P3A
lvl.3

I picked up a Nexus, Gen 2.  I haven't had any kind of problem with it.  Good screen and plenty of room.
Only downside to me is the almost invisible on-off button.
2016-6-14
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
Captain
Italy

Zippy P3A Posted at 2016-6-14 20:44
I picked up a Nexus, Gen 2.  I haven't had any kind of problem with it.  Good screen and plenty of r ...

Not bad
Tomorrow i will receive my p3s back and i will test my kindle fire
2016-6-14
Use props
Cessna172
Second Officer
United States

jacopo.marcoval Posted at 2016-6-14 20:31

Does your KindleFire operate on Android?
Mine operates on FireOS and I can't seem to install the Go app on it.
Can you tell me how you did that?
2016-6-14
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
Captain
Italy

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-6-15 09:30
Does your KindleFire operate on Android?
Mine operates on FireOS and I can't seem to install the G ...

Yes you are right.
i found a guide on internet, you have to install some apk and then google play store will works
You can also download dji apk and install directly but you need google maps ;)
I search the guide that i had followed and i will post here
Give me 10 minutes UPDATE:
this is not the guide i had followed but i install this apks. Sorry it's an italian website but you can translate it with google translate
http://www.saggiamente.com/2015/ ... u-amazon-fire-2015/

2016-6-14
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 42585 ft
United States

Zippy P3A Posted at 2016-6-15 02:44
I picked up a Nexus, Gen 2.  I haven't had any kind of problem with it.  Good screen and plenty of r ...

Is it a wifi only model? or Wifi + cellular. I was thinking of getting ipad mini 2 wifi only but then how do you connect to satellites and do other things when you are out in the open without wifi.
2016-6-16
Use props
Zippy P3A
lvl.3

varunnahar Posted at 2016-6-16 20:26
Is it a wifi only model? or Wifi + cellular. I was thinking of getting ipad mini 2 wifi only but t ...

The Nexus tablet is wi-fi only, but if you layout missions on the computer through Litchi, you can go anywhere, pull up the mission and fly to your heart's content.  I always have my Galaxy S6 in case I need the Internet.  In the field I can program missions, also, it's a bit harder working with the small phone screen, as opposed to the computer screen.
2016-6-19
Use props
Zippy P3A
lvl.3

Zippy P3A Posted at 2016-6-20 01:16
The Nexus tablet is wi-fi only, but if you layout missions on the computer through Litchi, you can ...

AND...  I tried my Kindle but it is iOS as far as I know and I couldn't download either DJI Go or Litchi,
2016-6-19
Use props
imdilanvlogs
lvl.4

Sri Lanka

it doesn't matter.. all the tabs have like quad core processors now .. so if your one have like 1GB to 2GB ram.. then it will work without any lag. I prefer 2GB..
2016-6-19
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
Captain
Italy

Zippy P3A Posted at 2016-6-19 19:28
AND...  I tried my Kindle but it is iOS as far as I know and I couldn't download either DJI Go or  ...

If you read answer #10 you can find a tutorial to install play store,google maps and dji app on your kindle ;)
2016-6-19
Use props
atomphotodesign
New

I use my kindle fire hd 7 all the time. It's stock outside of installing a couple google apk files. Follow this tutorial EXACTLY as he shows you. I have around 2 dozen flights logged with my amazon tablet and it's fantastic for $50. The only issue is once you start the drone and rc, you'll need to plug-in and unplug the cable 2-3 times to get the app to launch. Minor bug. I highly highly highly recommend an anti-glare screen protector or you won't be able to see the screen very well outside.

2016-6-19
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
Captain
Italy

atomphotodesign Posted at 2016-6-19 22:39
I use my kindle fire hd 7 all the time. It's stock outside of installing a couple google apk files.  ...

great
2016-6-19
Use props
labratlobert
New

LG LK430 works well. Nice bright 6'' screen, good Wifi.
2016-6-19
Use props
mochorm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 940148 ft
Canada

I'm new to a flying camera platform myself and bought the P3P. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab4 7" and it works very well for the price. I believe Samsung has discontinued this product so you should be able to get one cheap.
Here is a link to the specs Galaxy Tab4 7" Specs

Of course the screen is difficult to see on a bright day without using a shade, as is my iPhone6.

2016-6-19
Use props
ls5068531
New

India

jacopo.marcoval Posted at 2016-6-14 20:31

it is very difficult to choose if there are numerous devices are there. In my recommendation, I love dragon touch tablet, that is having 8 GB memory that is also available under $100.

2016-7-17
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
Captain
Italy

ls5068531@gmail Posted at 2016-7-18 09:13
it is very difficult to choose if there are numerous devices are there. In my recommendation, I lo ...

Take a look to this tablet http://www.banggood.com/Teclast- ... blet-p-1009964.html 2gb ram dual boot under 100€ what do you think?
2016-7-18
Use props
davidmeyer
lvl.1

India

I think the asus zenpad 7.0 with 1gb ram and quad-core processor would a great choice for dji app. OR if you're looking some alternatives then take a look at best tablets under 100 dollars still I would recommend a tablet with atleast 2gb ram to get your work done smoothly.
2016-11-24
Use props
Chicago Air Dro
lvl.1

United States

Which everone you get,
dont forget the screen stability bracket or your new tablet will wobble like crazy.

I got my at www.faadronedecals.com 50% off for Black Friday  and free shipping
however others sell them too, just look for that wide foot it makes all the difference in the world

2016-11-24
Use props
Erick Bruce
lvl.1
United States

Anyone running and LG LK-430 tablet? Any issues? I received one free with a purchase on and IPhone-- well silly of me to say free! Regardless, wondering if this is a good enough tablet? Or if I should avoid the thought all together and purchase something else??
2017-3-29
Use props
BaconNBeer
lvl.1
United States

I bought a used Samsung Galaxy Tab E for 50 bucks it works great after doing a hard reset to clear out settings from the previous owner. The screen is fine in home or shade but poor in the direct sunlight but that seems common.
2017-3-30
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

BaconNBeer Posted at 2017-3-30 06:20
I bought a used Samsung Galaxy Tab E for 50 bucks it works great after doing a hard reset to clear out settings from the previous owner. The screen is fine in home or shade but poor in the direct sunlight but that seems common.

This topic has been kicked around a lot. I understand we all have budgets. Some more than others for sure, but I'm going to throw my 2-cents in here too because I have experimented many android devices. This is just my opinion, but the thing I think a lot of you are missing is yeah, those tablets under a $100 look pretty good, especially if they throw some RAM in there, but you need the horsepower of a fast processor. This is critical especially with the kind of demands the GO app requires. Nothing wrong with extra RAM, but it can only do so much. The higher the processor the more money, and that is why you have your cheaper tablets....most will have a 1.2 GHz or something like that. You need to be in that 1.8GHZ minimum to have smooth operation. I know the others will work, but it is not really an equal comparison. That's why trying to compete with an I-pad / tablet (whatever model) is hard. They have faster processors and to get and equal in an Android, your looking at a $500 tablet that has equal processor, with the exception of the Nvidia which as we all know is around $200 brand new and has a 1.8 GHZ. And that is why it works pretty well. The GO app is a hog when it comes to processing and that is just the way it is. If you choose to go with a cheaper tablet I understand, but don't complain that it lags and doesn't do what you think and then blame DJI. It is not different than how computer technology changes almost by the minute. As new programs are developed, they will generally require as faster computer at some point.
2017-3-30
Use props
Pegasus
Second Officer

France

Maybe an anti glare, matt finish screen protector would help and of course there are lots of shades available.

https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Shield ... lare+Samsung+Galaxy

https://www.amazon.com/ETopLike- ... e+controller+shades
2017-3-30
Use props
Mitcon
lvl.1
Australia

I have a Galaxy Tab A 8in which works ok with my P3P, it's not perfect and does have slight video lag but it's still quite useable for my needs. I wish it was better but I can't complain as it was a budget option and I knew that at the time, not an iOS fan or user and had limited budget of avail to me. No complaints here, I think the tablet does a good enough job and if at a later stage I can afford better then I can always upgrade but doubt I will. I always fly LOS as well and don't bother with super fast flight as I am more into photo/video, I have FPV quads I can use for fast fun.

I don't find the small tablet that bad and my phone works without issues if I need perfect results on certain use/occasions, in life there's always trade-offs or compromise. If your buying budget end devices your going to have to realise that their will be limitations to consider and decide for yourself what trade-offs you can live with.
2017-3-30
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Mitcon Posted at 2017-3-30 14:19
I have a Galaxy Tab A 8in which works ok with my P3P, it's not perfect and does have slight video lag but it's still quite useable for my needs. I wish it was better but I can't complain as it was a budget option and I knew that at the time, not an iOS fan or user and had limited budget of avail to me. No complaints here, I think the tablet does a good enough job and if at a later stage I can afford better then I can always upgrade but doubt I will. I always fly LOS as well and don't bother with super fast flight as I am more into photo/video, I have FPV quads I can use for fast fun.

I don't find the small tablet that bad and my phone works without issues if I need perfect results on certain use/occasions, in life there's always trade-offs or compromise. If your buying budget end devices your going to have to realise that their will be limitations to consider and decide for yourself what trade-offs you can live with.

Thanks for you candid comments. It sounds like we are on the same page. It is only fair that if you end up with something short of what is recommended, you have to realize you may experience some issues. Not that it won't work. It is not DJI's fault for creating software that requires better equipment. They are trying to put all of the features into the app that we all want, and that takes more resources. I'm sure they could strip down some of the stuff in the app so it would run on older devices, but I guarantee we would all be complaining about the lack of this or that.
2017-3-31
Use props
mark77
lvl.1

India

there are many tablets which are very low in price but their was an features problem if you spend low the tablet you got also low in quality.You can also run sarahah in this tablet.
2017-8-22
Use props
mark77
lvl.1

India

Sarahah APP I know all about it
2017-8-22
Use props
Bradders
Second Officer
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

As your budget is less than $100 (~£90) your best option is probably something like this http://amzn.to/2vWcQX6 for only £67 and from a respected manufacturer
2017-8-22
Use props
Mikassa
New

Estonia

I think the nexus 7 is a solid choice, the lenovo is also a decent choice but Nexus is just a champ. I'd trust Google over any asian company because they tend to ship their products with bloatware.

source: drawing tablets with screens
2017-11-26
Use props
PeteHB
Second Officer

France

I have a decision to make, I am new to drones but have just bought a P3P for video and stills photography. My problem is that I have an old iPad mac book pro i mac and i phone 5 none of which will control the drone, so I need to buy something that will. The Nexus 7 (11) is a cheap option and would be reserved solely for the P3P but how long will it continue to work? So perhaps an i pad air 2 or mini 4 cellular at a significant extra cost but likely to be quite future proof. My thinking is that for 6 months to a year the Nexus is the way to go and if it becomes limited go the Apple route which fits in with the rest of my stuff.  What do you guys think recommend.
2017-11-26
Use props
PeteHB
Second Officer

France

Mikassa Posted at 2017-11-26 08:13
I think the nexus 7 is a solid choice, the lenovo is also a decent choice but Nexus is just a champ. I'd trust Google over any asian company because they tend to ship their products with bloatware.

source: drawing tablets with screens

I have a decision to make, I am new to drones but have just bought a P3P for video and stills photography. My problem is that I have an old iPad mac book pro i mac and i phone 5 none of which will control the drone, so I need to buy something that will. The Nexus 7 (11) is a cheap option and would be reserved solely for the P3P but how long will it continue to work? So perhaps an i pad air 2 or mini 4 cellular at a significant extra cost but likely to be quite future proof. My thinking is that for 6 months to a year the Nexus is the way to go and if it becomes limited go the Apple route which fits in with the rest of my stuff.
What do you guys think recommend.
2017-11-26
Use props
apkrefer01
lvl.1

India

Go with this, I thought will be helpful to you .
2018-2-10
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

The best for me is: chuwi Hi 10 pro android/win10 32Gb/ 4Gb ram.. About 110 euros
2018-2-10
Use props
pankhuri
New

India

Before selecting any tablet don't forget check its specs like RAM etc., i have found these guys have provided even Best Tablets under $50 to buy this might help to pick the right. if you face any issue write to me back.
2018-2-23
Use props
djiuser_1WmaWK9ABaLI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32195 ft
United States

I have a P3 se and use a RCA tablet from walmart and it works just fine.. was $116...
2018-2-23
Use props
Linda Maria
New

Bangladesh

I think Wacom Intuos Art Small Pen and Touch  will be great choice within $100. Personally I am using this satisfy with it. Here is a screech made by me with this tablet. This is my opinion on this product.

Here is a source of drawing tablet under $100 which may help to find out the best one for you.
2018-5-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules