Facebook live is there a choppy images fix coming up?
4136 15 2016-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
terrierist
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Adela.
Do you know if there is a fix for the choppy video being experienced with the Osmo when streaming to Facebook live in the upcoming update please?

Many thanks.

2016-6-14
Use props
rmuller
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8865 ft
  • >>>
United States

We tried many different settings but could not get a smooth streaming session.  We were on LTE, hope there is a quick fix to this.  Only reason we bought the OSMO was to live stream from events, we were told the feature was coming soon but never anticipated it to be this bad.
2016-6-14
Use props
USUAVMedia
lvl.2

United States

Use periscope with your Osmo. Mir works great.
2016-6-15
Use props
terrierist
lvl.3
United Kingdom

But to live stream to Facebook? I really don't want to get into the linking pages etc... Is that the only way?
2016-6-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
The quality of the live streaming footage is also related to the network environment, so lease check the your network.
In the future, our engineers will try to improve the performance.

Thanks for your concern.
2016-6-16
Use props
terrierist
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-16 09:49
Hello.
The quality of the live streaming footage is also related to the network environment, so leas ...

Thanks for that Adela.. However.

I can stream directly from my iPhone with excellent results. Connect the same iPhone to the Osmo in the same signal area and the video then becomes choppy, that negates your comments unfortunately.

So when can we expect this issue with choppy video to be rectified?
2016-6-16
Use props
terrierist
lvl.3
United Kingdom

terrierist Posted at 2016-6-16 13:28
Thanks for that Adela.. However.

I can stream directly from my iPhone with excellent results. Con ...

Update..

Just tried periscope via Osmo and the difference is night and day. Sorry Adela, the Go App isn't giving the best experience yet.
2016-6-16
Use props
rpknowles
lvl.2
Flight distance : 736033 ft
United States

I can confirm the issues that the OP has.  I also have these same issues when doing Facebook Live, and I'm using a Verizon LTE connection with good signal strength.
2016-6-16
Use props
pstevens
lvl.1

Australia

rpknowles Posted at 2016-6-17 04:27
I can confirm the issues that the OP has.  I also have these same issues when doing Facebook Live, a ...

I can also confirm this. We purchased the Osmo specifically to stream live events on Facebook. As per the previous comments, even with an excellent signal and setting resolution to 720, the image is extremely choppy. Would be extremely helpful if this can be fixed.
2016-6-16
Use props
terrierist
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Just back from a shoot and thanks for the replies. Streaming with Phantom & Osmo via DJI Go gives stop-start video, switch to Periscope and it's much better. iPhone or iPad to Facebook live is as good as can be expected with their compression applied. Tried cameras on both Phantom and Osmo at lower resolution and frame rates, still got choppy video whilst using Go.

Are there any logs I could offer to upload to help rectify this please?

Thanks.
2016-6-20
Use props
rpknowles
lvl.2
Flight distance : 736033 ft
United States

Any update on this Adela??  I think it's safe to say there is a specific issue with the Osmo doing Facebook Live.
2016-6-24
Use props
alan.zapata
lvl.1

United States

rmuller@jconcep Posted at 2016-6-14 16:35
We tried many different settings but could not get a smooth streaming session.  We were on LTE, hope ...

No setting on the Osmo will give you solid streaming with the current setup. Cellular service is partly to blame since it is always variable and the connection has nothing like QOS (quality of service for network streams). The Facebook server system has numerous bugs and isn't able to handle streams that aren't well organized. I don't know the method DJI is using for streaming but a simple RTMP/RTSP stream directed to Facebook shold work better than what is currently in place. There may also be issues with the H.264 stream the Osmo produces since  Facebook has certain requirements for the stream. It needs to be 720p, 30fps, 1 i-frame every 2 seconds, max bit rate 2500Kbps.
2016-6-25
Use props
alan.zapata
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-16 04:49
Hello.
The quality of the live streaming footage is also related to the network environment, so leas ...

The only network used for streaming from the Osmo is cellular and there is no direct way to check that since it is a load dependent system. It does not stream via IP network.
2016-6-25
Use props
alan.zapata
lvl.1

United States

terrierist Posted at 2016-6-16 08:52
Update..

Just tried periscope via Osmo and the difference is night and day. Sorry Adela, the Go A ...

How did you use Periscope with the Osmo?
2016-6-25
Use props
terrierist
lvl.3
United Kingdom

alan.zapata Posted at 2016-6-25 16:00
How did you use Periscope with the Osmo?

Hi Alan.

Periscope now accepts drones and recognises the Osmo as such, by linking my work Facebook page to accept my Twitter posts (which Periscope posts to automatically as you probably well know) I could post via Periscope to Facebook.

The difference was light and day as stated previously.

Hope this helped.

Kev
2016-6-26
Use props
fansfcbaa7fa
New

United States

Has there been any update or at least acknowledgment from DJI on this issue? As mentioned by everyone else in this thread, I can stream directly from the Facebook app itself and have a clear and consistent video and audio stream, without lags or dropouts. When broadcasting to the same Facebook page, from the same area, around the same time, the audio feed is constant, but the video consistently lags, becomes choppy and frequently drops out for seconds at a time. My main use of the Osmo is streaming live events to Facebook, and seeing as it is a heavily advertised feature, you'd think it'd be more robust. While linking Periscope tweets to post on the Facebook page is an option, that shouldn't be the answer. I should be able to stream natively in Facebook, as advertised.
2017-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules