Shut off low quality copies of videos saved to phone
1927 4 2016-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bleyten
lvl.2

When I use the Osmo it is making low quality copies of my videos to my phone. While I'm sure there are some people that would prefer this so they can upload to social media sites I really have no use for it. Does anyone know if there's a way to prevent the Osmo from doing this? I don't see any option in the app unless I'm missing something. Also... when I watch the low quality copies the colors appear to be jumping in saturation/vibrance rapidly making them mostly unuable anyway.
2016-6-14
Use props
RegDawg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54091 ft
United States

I'm also experiencing this. What I've been doing is just deleting them though. But would like to know if there's a way to not saved to the phone in teh first place.
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
The "low quality copies" are located in Media Player (Editor) in the DJI GO App, right? Those files are cached automatically in your phone while recording with the Osmo, if you don't want this feature, you can toggle off relevant settings in the DJI GO App, please go to "Gear" icon-> enter "General"->Cache: Clear Video Cache/Video Cache/Auto-clean up video cache(when over 2GB).

Thanks.
2016-6-14
Use props
bleyten
lvl.2

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-15 10:35
Hello.
The "low quality copies" are located in Media Player (Editor) in the DJI GO App, right? Those ...

Hi and thanks for the reply. I'll definitely set the clear cache option. Is it really necessary to cache these files in the first place? I was hoping by disabling the from being saved in the first place it would consume less phone battery. It's really not to much of a big deal deleting them, I just really don't want them saved initially. Plus why do the colors flash more saturated on the low quality copies? Makes them unusable!!
2016-6-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

bleyten Posted at 2016-6-16 10:31
Hi and thanks for the reply. I'll definitely set the clear cache option. Is it really necessary to ...

Hello.
Well, maybe some people will find the cached files useful in some occasions.
The quality of the cached videos depends on the performance of your mobile device, we would always recommend using the mobile devices included in our official website (http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads).

Thanks.
2016-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules