Need help (videos on dji editor not on sd card)
2268 14 2016-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sergio.go
lvl.2

United States

Hi guys I know this may be a newbie post but I just can't put my finger around it and after tons of research I can't come up with a definitive answer. Apparently when I downloaded a video I shot with my p3a onto my iPhone it removed it from the sd card (is this even possible?). I can play it on the editor (where it's currently at) and I even cut the whole video and was able to upload into my camera roll. But when I insert the sd card in my Mac the videos I downloaded onto editor aren't on SD card. This is extremely frustrating as I have tried everything so if anyone can tell me why and what to do id appreciate it so much! .  
2016-6-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The action of downloading a clip from the SD card to your phone does not remove it from the SD card. It should still be there, but in any event, downloading to your phone is really a waste of time, particularly if you are talking about 2.7K or 4K files, because your phone cannot do much with them.
2016-6-14
Use props
sergio.go
lvl.2

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-6-15 01:08
The action of downloading a clip from the SD card to your phone does not remove it from the SD card. ...

Same thing I thought man. Trust me I've tried everything. They're simply not there. Not even the photos I "downloaded" per se onto the editor. I connected the bird to the laptop, nothing. And removed sd card and put it in computer and nothing as well.
2016-6-14
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

So when u pull your card into a pc, the videos are not on it? Which Phantom? Power it up at home, no props, do as you always do.. start recording video.. Look if you display on the tablet all looks happy, no icons about SD card issues? What if you click the bar that says "gps safe to fly".. that will also tell you stats on your sd card...
You can reformat your card from there, but DO NOT, until you figure out what happened to old videos. How about stills? Do they show up on the SD card ok?
What folders did you look at? There are folders on the SD card, right?
(I am assuming u r using some SD reader). You also could connect your Phantom to a computer via USB, and look at file transfer that way, but SD direct read should work best and fastest.
Throw us some details, and maybe someone will figure it out for you! The phone.tablet video is only 720xwhatever.. I forget.. not HD resolutions at all....
2016-6-14
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

Screenshots.. give us some, from the laptop perhaps?
2016-6-14
Use props
sergio.go
lvl.2

United States

Phantomski Posted at 2016-6-15 01:23
Screenshots.. give us some, from the laptop perhaps?

I'll post some pics tomorrow morning! I have the p3a! I'll give you a bit of the run down. I'll shoot some video correct. When I look at the videos I took on the editor if I "download" that video it won't appear on my sd card at all. Just that video. The rest that I did not "download will appear on SD card. Nothing corrupt with my SD card. When I initially bought and did the firmware upgrade I also formatted the SD card. Yes the SD card has a media file where everything is kept. But it's just weird that the one that I "download " to the editor doesn't appear in the SD card.
I hope that explained it better. I tried going that USB route and it's the same thing
2016-6-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

sergio.go Posted at 2016-6-15 15:29
I'll post some pics tomorrow morning! I have the p3a! I'll give you a bit of the run down. I'll sh ...

That's really wierd, I tried the same from my P3P and the file is still present on the SD card.
2016-6-14
Use props
sergio.go
lvl.2

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-6-15 01:38
That's really wierd, I tried the same from my P3P and the file is still present on the SD card.

It's never happened before :/. I have no idea what to do
2016-6-14
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

I NEVER downloaded using the editor on my tablet.. I didn't see the point, i do it all on the pc...  Am i reading right, that if you DO NOT download using the tablet, the videos on SD are fine?
Is there a reason you are pulling stuff in on the tablet, and not just on a PC?
I may test it one day, i have advanced as well...
Very weird!
2016-6-14
Use props
sergio.go
lvl.2

United States

Phantomski Posted at 2016-6-15 02:03
I NEVER downloaded using the editor on my tablet.. I didn't see the point, i do it all on the pc...  ...

weird story, I usually pull some of pics from there. But today while I was shooting in Miami beach. Some guy asked me to shoot with the drone some modeling footage of his daughter lol. He wanted the video right then and there so I tried it that way and bam that's how I realized it lol
2016-6-14
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

sergio.go Posted at 2016-6-15 00:17
weird story, I usually pull some of pics from there. But today while I was shooting in Miami beach ...

Some guy, modeling his daughter? Hmm... being a father of a daughter... hmm... interesting.. I'd probably just shoot someone trying to "model her"....  makes me wonder ;)
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

sergio.go Posted at 2016-6-15 14:17
weird story, I usually pull some of pics from there. But today while I was shooting in Miami beach ...

Hello Sergio, it's very strange. Normally when you download the videos from the SD card via the Editor page,  the original videos should not be affected.If you record some videos and directly put the card into your PC, will they be there normally? Is your card infected with a Trojan?Try this method to show up the hidden files:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7
For The Mac System:
http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2016-6-15
Use props
sergio.go
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-15 16:30
Hello Sergio, it's very strange. Normally when you download the videos from the SD card via the Ed ...

Thank you! I'll give it a try after work!
2016-6-15
Use props
sergio.go
lvl.2

United States

Phantomski Posted at 2016-6-15 15:15
Some guy, modeling his daughter? Hmm... being a father of a daughter... hmm... interesting.. I'd p ...

I was extremely uncomfortable cause a crowd began forming lol
2016-6-15
Use props
J.N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102333 ft
France

Sergio this is just a sugestion. try another sd card. check if is well formated FAT 32 or EX , Check if the rigth video format is selected MOV or MP4, try to press the record buton on the RC then made another record pressing the APP dji go record button. Just a sugestion . Good luck.
P.S I import the sd files to my pc using an USB adapter from Lexar.
2016-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules