FAA registration and replaced Phantoms [USA]
1691 7 2016-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dr_Sassi
lvl.1

United States

Perhaps someone can shed more light on this, however:
My intention here is only to make people aware, that the registration might be needed to be checked or renewed in case your serial number has changed.

I have written to FAA after I got a replacement, but so far no reply.

Also any returned serial number should be announced to the FAA as retired for your use.

Please, if someone has better information, add this. Thanks!

2016-6-14
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

FAA registration is the the user, not to the drone... if you are registered, there's nothing about the types, number, or serials of the equipment you got.. perhaps something changes if you got 333 exception, but otherwise, it's YOU not your aircraft.. Unless I am totally misunderstanding your question...
2016-6-14
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Dr_Sassi,

It appears that the FAA is just so happy its registration program went so well that they are not worried about follow-on aircraft; it is not budgeted.  As much as we did register our drone serial numbers, until they get more funding, they are not going to follow up with new drones or delete old drones.  Like 'ski says, the operator is registered since we put the same number on all our aircraft.

If you think about it, since we are required to have our registration number on all our drones, if anything happens, the FAA will be able to find the owner - us.  That really is the simplest and cheapest solution.  I to have emailed the FAA about adding a new drone and not heard from them.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-6-14
Use props
Dr_Sassi
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the replies, Phantomski and Cetaman.

I had the impression to mention it, or at least to discuss it here, so we do not run into trouble, based on the limited information presented by the FAA. I have send e-mails to them, as the online form doesn't allow anything in terms of change at the moment. This has cost a minute of my time and I have prof that I care.  Anything else is up to them, if I'm not informed otherwise. At least that is my idea about.

====

I got this this morning:

FAA help desk:
As long as you have removed your registration number off you[r] drone before returning it you will not need to terminate your registration.
If you wish we are able to disable the account associated with your registration.
If you want your account to be disabled please provide the email address that you used to register.

====
I hope things get better with the "107"

I wait for the second e-mail to be answered. I will update this thread here –– when I get it.

ENJOY!
2016-6-15
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Cetaman Posted at 2016-6-15 16:27
Aloha Dr_Sassi,

It appears that the FAA is just so happy its registration program went so well ...

"I to have emailed the FAA about adding a new drone and not heard from them."

The FAA don't care if you have 1 or 100 drones.
They never asked for any details about your first one and don't care about any others either

From their SUAS registration FAQ:
Q33. Do I have to provide any information on my sUAS?
A. Individual owners that will operate their sUAS solely for model and recreational purposes are not required to provide information about their aircraft when registering. Users who will be operating their sUAS for purposes other than as a model aircraft will be required to provide the sUAS manufacturer model name, and serial number, if available for each aircraft.

Q34. If I own multiple sUAS, do I have to register them all?
A. Owners who fly their sUAS only as model aircraft can use one registration number on all their aircraft. Owners who fly sUAS for purposes other than as a model aircraft must register each aircraft and mark each aircraft with its unique identifier provided when registering.
2016-6-15
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Good clarification, thx man!
2016-6-15
Use props
Dr_Sassi
lvl.1

United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-6-16 07:05

The FAA don't care  ...

Thanks a lot, labroides!

Cheers
2016-6-15
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-6-15 13:05

The FAA don't care  ...

Aloha labroides,

Mahalo for the update.  When I registered during the grace period, there were no differentiations that I came across.  They wanted all your information.  I went back when I got my P4 and it was something of a different web site.  Even the points made in Q33 & Q34 were not obvious or not available.  If I recall right though, I think I was just trying to access my account to update it and I was not even able to do that.  But Dr_Sassi indicates that is now available but not to add aircraft apparently.  Like I said, they do not have the funding to do more than the basics and what they are doing is the simplest and cheapest solution.

Hey, as long as we doing what we supposed to be doing, like concerns Dr_Sassi, that is all that is important.  It will all straighten out once Congress gets off its butt.  Until then - patience.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules