Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Test Focus Remote & Cable - Needs Focus Peaking!
3661 17 2016-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dopeytree
First Officer
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,

Just got my OSMO focus cable - works great.
But where is focus peaking? Its already in the inspire app so it should be easily implemented into the OSMO bit of the app.
Maybe you're already working on it but lots of people will want it when they too get their focus remote cables. It's pretty hard to focus manually without peaking.

IMG_4274.JPG

Just popped out for a 'real world' test.
Here's the rig below. Its an OSMO + X5 Adapter + X5 + Focus Remote + Focus Remote Cable + Dual Rossete Mount + Magic Arm + Accessory Mount + Rode Stereo Video Mic + Iphone holder

So after a real world test its very cool - but we need focus peaking brought from the Inspire to the OSMO. ASAP.

Also not the best design for £36.. (+ £85 for the X5 Adapter) Could have maybe done with being a right angle connector so it stays out the way of the gimbal + the arrows are on the wrong side on the cable! People will endlessly be trying to put it in the wrong way round. + the x5 adapter rubs up against the focus remote so leaves you limited in the positions you can mount it.

IMG_4268.JPG IMG_4271.JPG IMG_4270.JPG

2016-6-15
Use props
Rinus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39862 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Why publish a private video?
2016-6-15
Use props
dopeytree
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Updated post
2016-6-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for your feedback and kind comment.
The Focus peaking has been reported, if there's any update, we'll let you know in the official website.

2016-6-15
Use props
ariajalali
lvl.1

United States

Please explain all the parts you're using to make that ! Haha looks amazing, but lot of extenders, anyway we can get a break down? Thanks!
2016-7-22
Use props
rj74
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I tested out the Osmo X5 with very high hopes - the stability is excellent but the lack of focus assist makes it pretty much useless in my view.
The AF is not reliable or accurate enough to trust, and there's no way to be sure from the app that your shot is in focus.
There's no focus zoom, so the only way I found to try and focus is to use the iPhone 3 finger tap screen magnification, but the image feed is such low quality that it's difficult to establish precise focus.
Osmo X5 is a fail until there's a high quality image feed to the app and proper focus assist.
2016-7-23
Use props
hedron
lvl.3
United States

I am a user of X5R and Osmo. The feeded screen image is low quality. That makes to hard to judge focused area. Even with iPad, large screen, still difficult to focus. Osmo needs better quality of screen view and focus peaking function.
2016-7-23
Use props
steven.dieveney
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26 ft
United States

hedron Posted at 2016-7-24 14:52
I am a user of X5R and Osmo. The feeded screen image is low quality. That makes to hard to judge foc ...

Dopeytree, I have the remote focus as well for my X5r OSMO. I've had a problem with the focus opening the aperture all the way up as well when I focus. (I always shoot with manual exposure.) Have you had this problem? It renders the whole setup kind of useless until this is taken care of. I've tried everything but haven't found a way around this issue.
2016-7-24
Use props
dopeytree
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

steven.dieveney Posted at 2016-7-24 19:45
Dopeytree, I have the remote focus as well for my X5r OSMO. I've had a problem with the focus open ...

yes I'm finding it seems to ben specific to the latest firmware? It didn't do it when I made the above video.. I've just been away at a festival trying to use this rig to shoot a small circus piece & found it doesn't do it if you're in another mode such as shutter. I've also found it keeps reseting the mic settings so sometimes I have no sound. Bloody annoying as I reported the bugs weeks ago. Anyway I hope soon it'll be all fixed and working.
2016-7-24
Use props
Rawfun
New

United States

This rig have incredible potential... but I do agree.. the main issue for me is not having focus peaking/assist.

Now that you have the follow focus working, do you notice any king of "steeped" feeling when doing fast focus pulls?  I did notice it when using the app so I was wondering if it disappears when using the follow focus.

Thanks! Great tests!

C.
2016-8-13
Use props
info.fernandohe
lvl.3

Spain

Peaking active on osmo x5
image.png
2016-8-18
Use props
jcap858
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1949820 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is this with the focus wheel? Or simply with the X5 connected with the Osmo?
2016-8-18
Use props
info.fernandohe
lvl.3

Spain

Only x5, iPhone 6s+ AND Osmo
2016-8-18
Use props
jcap858
Second Officer
  • >>>

Are you sure this is on the Osmo? I have the Osmo with X5 and focus peaking is not available as an option. Also in your picture I'm seeing zebra pattern for over exposure? Both are features users have been asking for the Osmo Pro. I believe that picture you posted is from an X5 connected to the inspire 1.
2016-8-18
Use props
info.fernandohe
lvl.3

Spain

because I think nobody called me a liar in my life , and I will not consent to you to do so. the zebra patterning to state always there . if you do not know how to activate it should not insult anyone . and peaking too is there and there is a way of showing thanks to its insult me going to shut up and I will not reveal how, but I assure you not lie nor have I never lied
2016-8-18
Use props
jcap858
Second Officer
  • >>>

If you were able to get those features on your own then good for you.  If you want don't want to share how you were able to achieve this that's fine as well. I'm simply stating that those features DJI has not made available currently for Osmo Pro users and currently are only available for the inspire 1.

[img]https://forum33.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5BURL=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/cephas1/media/image_zpsquwc7jjs.png.html%5D[/URL][/img]

2016-8-19
Use props
info.fernandohe
lvl.3

Spain

jcap858 Posted at 2016-8-19 22:10
If you were able to get those features on your own then good for you.  If you want don't want to sha ...

It gives me exactly like what you say and what others say , I repeat that there is a way to activate the pro peaking in osmo with IOS devices, and I repeat that I lie and I need to come here to tell lies
2016-8-19
Use props
dopeytree
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes technically peaking is available. Its a hack.

With the OSMO powered down load dji go. swipe to the inspire & open it up. Go to settings to turn on Peaking. Then turn on your OSMO & connect. You should then get the OSMO video view in the Inspire bit of the go app. This will give you access to the features already available on the Inspire x5 such as focus peaking & zebra highlights. This is why it's riduculous that those features dont work in the OMSO bit of the app as the programming is already there.
2016-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules