Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Activation problem with x5r and Osmo>>
722 7 2016-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
visuals
New

Spain

Hi,

i saw there are already some other threads about activation issues with the osmo and x5r. i hope its ok to start a new thread with my problem, rather than tag it onto another one.

i received my DJI adaptor today, so went about trying to set up the Osmo and x5r.

i managed to update the firmware to the latest V01.01.00.10

i have spent the best part of a day trying to get the Go app on an iphone to active the camera and just end up with the - Activation Failed. Please retry . Invalid Device .

i followed someone else's advice on these forums which involved, signing in again and closing the app , all without success.

additional points - when i turn on the Osmo handle, the fans of the x5r start spinning, the system status light blinks green quickly, which i see means its initializing. this is how its status stay the whole time.

i notice i can take a photo as i found them on the SD card when i put it into my computer, but the gimbles are limp, obviously due to it being un-initialized

i get occasionally a quick split second moment in the GO app where you see the camera view, but then it just goes black again. its random

it all seems a big mess. some people on another thread think it might be faulty adaptors, others issues with the GO app. i have no idea, but its extremely frustratino after spending all this money.

any additional advice would be greatly appreciated!
many thanks in advance!

2016-6-15
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, do you have the x3 as well? or only the handle kit with the x5r?, says 'invalid device' (It may need to be sent back to dji), can you upload a video or screen shot to show what it is doing?
2016-6-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello visuals,
Could you please tell me your registered email in the DJI GO App so that I may help to figure out the issue in our service system?

Wait for your reply.
Thanks.
2016-6-15
Use props
visuals
New

Spain

thanks for the 2 replies so far!

yes my registered email on the GO app is - visuals (at) dubassy.com

i don't have an x3 to test with. i only have the osmo and x5r
2016-6-16
Use props
visuals
New

Spain

this is my x5r serial number if it helps - x5r - DD131401281564
2016-6-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

visuals Posted at 2016-6-16 17:19
thanks for the 2 replies so far!

yes my registered email on the GO app is - visuals (at) dubassy.co ...

Thanks for your reply.
I'm afraid you have to return your Osmo handle to the factory to solve the issue. Please contact your dealer or email to support.eu@dji.com for further assistance.

Any further feedback would be appreciated.
2016-6-16
Use props
visuals
New

Spain

HI Adela,

I have just spent a lot of money on all this new DJI kit and assumed it would work out of the box. i really don't want to start sending parts to your factory, as i will be without the use of the camera for possibly weeks.

can you explain the reason why this brand new item might be faulty and needs returning??

just to know - which factory normally would i have to send back to, if i am based in europe?

many thanks Dan>>
2016-6-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Sorry for any inconvenience.
The handle has no registered SN and it has to be registered in our factory. You just need to return the handle.
If you bought the handle from a local dealer, please contact your dealer for an exchange.
Thanks for your cooperation.
2016-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules