Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video transmission - how to make it more smooth ?
2259 21 2016-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gspir1
lvl.1

Hello

There are a few days I bought a new phantom 4. After a bit confused about compass calibration, I m trying small flights in order to learn how to pilot my new drone. However I have noticed that there is no good video transmission in my Ipad 4 (not Ipad 4 mini). The video becomes "pixelized" and it has lag. Not always but many times. How can I make the transmission more smooth in order to see what i record ? even if i need to get it in lower resolution ? It is very important for me to can see what I 'm recording. Is it a normal situtation ? is it wrong of ipad 4 and need more powerfull CPU tablet ?  any idea is welcomed

Thank you

2016-6-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Well, the iPad 4 is not listed as a tested and approved display device, so that may very well be your problem. If the IPad 4 can be used, perhaps someone will come along here and tell you how it was done.

2016-6-15
Use props
leochen75
New
United States

I'm also a new user.  I'm also having the same issue, but with my Nexus 7 gen2.  The video becomes pixelated like it's jumping frames.  I've played at bit with frame rates and shutter speed, but I haven't found a solution.  For me, I don't think is a video transmission issue; I think the problem is more basic because when I download the video from the micro SD card into my PC, the video playback is just as pixelated and jumpy.

Help please.
2016-6-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

leochen75@gmail Posted at 2016-6-16 09:10
I'm also a new user.  I'm also having the same issue, but with my Nexus 7 gen2.  The video becomes p ...

Yes, that probably means your PC is not able to handle the video material. This is not uncommon, people report this at least once a day on this forum. You could try shooting in 1080p and see if your computer can handle that, or another possibility is to download a free copy of VLC Player and see if it will playback your files.
2016-6-15
Use props
quanthonytrang
First Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Set your channel to manual and find a channel that has the lowest interference (blues and green).
If you want clarity, bump the bandwidth rate from 4mbs to 10mbs (P3Pro and P4 only). This will however lower your FPV range.

Also look into Windsurfers - these are parabolic directional reflectors that concentrate the signal. They are 3d printed and about $20 or less. They are good for signal penetration and distance flying and best bang for buck mod.

Another thing you can do is the unofficial 32 ch hack. This will exposed channels from 14-32 (the original DJI pilot app for the inspire had this).

2016-6-15
Use props
quanthonytrang
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

leochen75@gmail Posted at 2016-6-16 09:10
I'm also a new user.  I'm also having the same issue, but with my Nexus 7 gen2.  The video becomes p ...

If you are recording in 4K and copying the file to your PC and it is still jumpy then you need upgrade to a beefier PC. 4K is resource hungry on the PC, especially when editing.
2016-6-15
Use props
gspir1
lvl.1
Greece

quanthonytrang Posted at 2016-6-16 02:30
If you are recording in 4K and copying the file to your PC and it is still jumpy then you need upg ...

You are right about 4K video in PC. But I m recording 1080/50 fps . My problem is not the PC but the transmission in Ipad 4. Video is a bit jurky and pixalized (not always). When I load video in PC, video is almost perfect.  Thus, I m thinking that either my Ipad 4 have no enough cpu power or something wrong is going. What i have to check ? is there any way to stream video from phantom 4 in lower resolution in order to have smooth video transmission ?
2016-6-15
Use props
quanthonytrang
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

gspir1 Posted at 2016-6-16 11:08
You are right about 4K video in PC. But I m recording 1080/50 fps . My problem is not the PC but t ...

read my post above about lowering the bitrate to 4MBS and doing the 32ch hack to get more channels.
2016-6-15
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

if flying in a city, interference may be the root of your problem.. there's a lot of radio presence in the air.. try the same in an open secluded area, see if things improve.
2016-6-15
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

gspir1 Posted at 2016-6-16 09:08
You are right about 4K video in PC. But I m recording 1080/50 fps . My problem is not the PC but t ...

Hello gspir1,I'd suggest you to try the devices in the recommended list below because iPad 4's performance is not enough. If it is not convenient, please enable hardware decoding option and lower the transmission quality to see whether it helps. Make sure that please fly in the place free of interference. 兼容列表.JPG

2016-6-15
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

leochen75@gmail Posted at 2016-6-16 00:10

There may be two separate problems:-

In the Nexus try enabling 'USB debugging', see This thread for details (posts 2 & 3).

4k video can take quite a lot of processing power to play back smoothly on a PC, and even some of the newer laptops are not quite up to spec'. Can you try the SD card in another computer, or perhaps try a different playback software. Quicktime doesn't work for me but Windows media player (Or TV & Films App') does work for me on Win 10 Surface Pro 3.
2016-6-16
Use props
gspir1
lvl.1
Greece

quanthonytrang Posted at 2016-6-16 05:16
read my post above about lowering the bitrate to 4MBS and doing the 32ch hack to get more channels ...

Sorry if my questions heard like noobs question but I m new in phantom family.

So, how can I lower the bitrate to 4mbs ? I searched at Dji go app but I couldn't find such a setting option.
2016-6-16
Use props
gspir1
lvl.1

gspir1 Posted at 2016-6-16 19:25
Sorry if my questions heard like noobs question but I m new in phantom family.

So, how can I low ...

I found that to lower bitrate you have to "enter" at "HD" and then push "custom" (instead of auto). But it seems that "custom" is disabled. I tried to get into "custom" menu but I couldn't. Is it normal ?
2016-6-17
Use props
Airspace Explor
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-16 00:10
Hello gspir1,I'd suggest you to try the devices in the recommended list below because iPad 4's perf ...

Can the transmission quality be lowered on the Phantom 3 4K using an Android device?
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Airspace Explor Posted at 2016-6-18 09:05
Can the transmission quality be lowered on the Phantom 3 4K using an Android device?

Unfortunately the transmission quality of P3 4K cannot be lowered.
2016-6-17
Use props
gspir1
lvl.1

How can I lower transmission quality (bitrate between phantom 4 and RC) in P4,  1080p recording ? I m asking for days how to do it and no answer at all.
2016-6-18
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gspir1 Posted at 2016-6-18 14:32
How can I lower transmission quality (bitrate between phantom 4 and RC) in P4,  1080p recording ? I  ...

Set your device location to U.S, this then allows you to chose 'custom' and lower the bit rate & pick a channel.
2016-6-18
Use props
gspir1
lvl.1

Aardvark Posted at 2016-6-19 04:17
Set your device location to U.S, this then allows you to chose 'custom' and lower the bit rate & p ...

Thanks for the answer, but why I have to set my location in US ? does "custom" works only when you set the location to US ?!?!
2016-6-18
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gspir1 Posted at 2016-6-19 02:42
Thanks for the answer, but why I have to set my location in US ? does "custom" works only when yo ...

Correct, I know it doesn't work in UK until location changed to US, and I think Europe, and possibly rest of world. It probably is dependant upon laws regulating radio frequencies within different areas. Either that or it's faulty. You can change location and keep your local keyboard, spell checker, language etc.
I briefly had a problem with video transmission on my P4 using DJI GO 2.8.2 (unusable, but choosing channel & switching off hardware decoding helped in this situation); since updating to 2.8.3 and latest firmware there have been no problems.
2016-6-19
Use props
PhanFran
First Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>

gspir1 Posted at 2016-6-16 09:08

As is stated by DJI: iPad 4 is NOT a tablet that is supported, it is just too slow.
2016-6-19
Use props
PhanFran
First Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>

gspir1 Posted at 2016-6-18 21:32
How can I lower transmission quality (bitrate between phantom 4 and RC) in P4,  1080p recording ? I  ...

If you have a European Phantom the answer is simple: you can not.
It is not allowed by EU-rules.
There are workarounds though that you can find if you do a search in this forum.
2016-6-19
Use props
gspir1
lvl.1

Yes.. I live in Europe so I have the european version. Ok now it's clear why i cannot change to "custom". thanks guys
2016-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules