The engins of my phantom 2 never ran
618 4 2016-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
guillaume.langa
New

Japan

Hello,

I just received my new Phantom 2 and wanted to try it, but the engins NEVER ran. I did everything right (setting, calibrating, updating). I just unboxed it so nothing happend to it !
I know the drone detects the RC because when I plug the drone on my computer the joystick gauges move when I move the joysticks. Moreover, when I switch off the RC, the drone detects it and shows me orange lights blinking. So it doesn't come from the RC.
I also tried to use an other battery (I saw that on an other post) and switched off/on the drone several times, but the results were the same every times.

Basically when I start the drone (whithout propellers on it, it's an engin test), the lights sequence don't show me any particular sign of dysfunction. However when I move a joystick, none of the engins starts. So really nothing happens, except with the lights I would say: the Green Red Red Red (or Orange Red Red Red) sequence becomes Green GREEN Red Red Red (respectively Orange ORANGE Red Red Red). So an other flash is added. I don't know if it means something or not but that the only thing happening so... I'm in NAZA-M mode by the way.

I think there is a manufacturing defect. So I also sent a mail to DJI. While waiting for there reply. What do you thing of the problem ?

Thank you for your help. Have a nice day.

Regards,
Guillaume.

2016-6-16
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

"However when I move a joystick, none of the engins starts."

Well that may be the problem.
You do know the CSC procedure for starting and stopping the motors ?
Also you need to look up the NAZA manual and learn what the rear LED's are telling you, before you fly off into the sunset, (that's if you have read up on how to start the motors first)
2016-6-16
Use props
Langz
New

Japan

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2016-6-16 22:26
"However when I move a joystick, none of the engins starts."

Well that may be the problem.

The thing is that I'm in Japan right now so I bought it here but don't read Japanese ^^. But I found my answer on the internet on a post from a guy who has the same problem: "did you pull both sticks down to the bottom corners and hold them there? That should start them up"... I tried and it worked ! Nooooob ^^
Well, I guess I should seek on the internet the english version of the drone docs !..
Thanks btw!
2016-6-16
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

You can find the English Phantom 2 manuals / firmware HERE
2016-6-16
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

And you may want to chek out these tutorials, lots of good information.....i have learned a ton from it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1h ... ry%20Guide.pdf?dl=0

Good luck and happy flying...
2016-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules